Is this accurate?

ABC123

Reaction score
I did this test and it seems I am closer to germans than to eastern europeans, not by much but anyway could it be a germanic element in my genes?

qUTzzGs

https://i.imgur.com/qUTzzGs.jpg
qUTzzGs

https://i.imgur.com/ifnB1Ca.jpg

In gedmatch I also get results like this:

#Population (source) Distance1 Alberstedt_LN_I0118 10.21
2 Nordic_LN_SG_RISE97 11.43

#Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 71.1% BattleAxe_Sweden_SG_RISE94 + 28.9% Starcevo_MN_I0174 @2.01
2 54.3% Iceman_MN_SG + 45.7% Yamnaya_Samara_I0443 @2.03

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 50.3% Greek + 49.7% East_German @ 2.15

# Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
1 56.5% Austrian ( ) + 43.5% Greek_Peloponnesos ( ) @ 1.29
2 63.1% Austrian ( ) + 36.9% Central_Greek ( ) @

There's always the potential for Transylvanian Saxon or Banat Swabian ancestry, but I would check the components of your ancestry and see what you actually share with west and south Germans, it's probably neolithic ancestry slavs farther north and east lack. My closest score was Belgian yet I still scored a 65 with Romanians around the Maramureš region so scoring 70 with west Germans doesn't appear too out of the ordinary.

There's always the potential for Transylvanian Saxon or Banat Swabian ancestry, but I would check the components of your ancestry and see what you actually share with west and south Germans, it's probably neolithic ancestry slavs farther north and east lack. My closest score was Belgian yet I still scored a 65 with Romanians around the Maramureš region so scoring 70 with west Germans doesn't appear too out of the ordinary.

I guess you're right. I saw this result, those gedmatch results and the fact that I am somehow related to a few germanic folks on gedmatch from what I remember. I tought it may be a good idea to ask people here.

If there was any saxon or swab in my family I would score a high percentage of that admixture.

Well how do I do that?
This is the one based off eurogenes k36 right? There should be a data spread sheet with the average percentages making up the German samples

This thread has been viewed 3358 times.

Back