(NEW) GenePlaza K25 and K29 Modern Calculator Results

I paid the five dollars. My 2 questions; why is the South Slavic (Serb, Montenegro) higher than Greek/Albanian and what's the deal with the Caucasian result (11.5-Circassian?). Another Greek user (from Northern Greece I believe) had 10% SW Asian (Bedouin i believe). Is the Caucasian CHG?

EUROPEAN 88.0%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN51.5%
Greek-Albanian35.0%
Sardinian-Sicilian16.5%
Southwest European0.0%
EASTERN EUROPEAN36.5%
Southern Slavic36.5%
Eastern Slavic0.0%
Western Slavic0.0%
Baltic 0.0%

WEST ASIA12.0%
Caucasian11.5%
Adygei, Kabardin, Kumyk
South West Asian0.5%

I paid the five dollars. My 2 questions; why is the South Slavic (Serb, Montenegro) higher than Greek/Albanian and what's the deal with the Caucasian result (11.5-Circassian?). Another Greek user (from Northern Greece I believe) had 10% SW Asian (Bedouin i believe). Is the Caucasian CHG?

EUROPEAN 88.0%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN51.5%
Greek-Albanian35.0%
Sardinian-Sicilian16.5%
Southwest European0.0%
EASTERN EUROPEAN36.5%
Southern Slavic36.5%
Eastern Slavic0.0%
Western Slavic0.0%
Baltic 0.0%

WEST ASIA12.0%
Caucasian11.5%
Adygei, Kabardin, Kumyk
South West Asian0.5%

t4fp9Vc.png

There's Caucasus ancestry in all of West Eurasia, regardless of what this, or any other test says.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0105090

Wow, never expected the anthrogenica thread surrounding this calculator to get as bad as it already has, Kurd is getting bombed with personal attacks that would've led to infractions if posted here. That place needs help, fast.

So the creator of the calculator says; "The purpose was to get an accurate representation of how much (%) genetic similarity exists between the user and various MODERN pops, who naturally themselves are very admixed." So how am more genetically similar to South Slavs than Greeks? I don't get it. I guess I could of have put the five dollars towards the purchase of a fresh pressed juice from Whole Foods

i do score 9% indo iranian in dna land
6% pashtoon in my origins 1.0
but i think the 12% they gave me is just to much :)
on paper i am 1/4 aschenazi , 1/4 sefhardi , 1/4 mizrachi, 1/4 non jew bulgarian
i think the south central asian {Pakistan area came from my 1/4 mizrachi lets not forget that jews been in iraw iran for 2000 years
those areas were settled by indo-iranian tribes before Muslim Arabs came
having said that i still think 12% is just to much :)
my mother score 4% but father 9.5% in this calculator of kurd.

Sorry, Kingjohn, I thought you said you were 3/4 Askenazi. Someone who is 25% Mizrahi may indeed score differently, although I don't believe that's enough for such high levels of South and Central Asian. The Sephardim aren't all that different from the Ashkenazim, however. Do you know what 100% actual Ashkenazim score?
2chkdfs.jpg

@Jovialis,
You're absolutely right that all West Eurasians have Caucasus, but there's been so much agenda driven analysis that certain basic facts are news to people.

Some of the usual suspects have painted it as if having it is like having cooties, particularly the people who t-roll Southern Italian/Sicilians.

Now that paper after paper shows that some groups in the Balkans have equal, or, often, higher frequencies of it, the focus is turning to South West Asian. Now that's the "dreaded" component. What the hell is the problem? That's hidden in all West Eurasians in their EEF like ancestry since the Anatolian farmers had, what, 1/4, 1/3? Where does this hatred of the Levant come from? What's wrong with the Lebanese and the Canaanites and Phoenicians before them? Does it really all stem from pathological anti-Semitism? It's SICK, SICK, SICK. My God, who cares if someone has an additional 10% vaguely Levantine ancestry? I will never understand some of these people if I live to be 100.

@Davef,
Any personal insults are totally out of line. That's not constructive criticism. The moderators are asleep over there or have their own agendas.

here angela this a full aschenazi results but it random :

K25 ADMIXTURE CALCULATOR

EUROPEAN 75.4%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 75.4%
Greek-Albanian 49.7%
Southwest European 25.7%

Sardinian-Sicilian 0.0%
EASTERN EUROPEAN 0.0%
Eastern Slavic 0.0%
Southern Slavic 0.0%
Western Slavic 0.0%
Baltic 0.0%
NORTHERN EUROPEAN 0.0%
Northwestern European 0.0%
Scandinavian 0.0%

WEST ASIA 15.7%
South West Asian 9.4%
Caucasian 6.3%

C/SC/S ASIA 7.9%
South Central Asian 7.9%
Central Asian 1 0.0%
Central Asian 2 0.0%
Indian 0.0%

E/SE ASIA & OCEANIA 0.4%
Oceanian 0.4%
EAST-SOUTHEAST ASIAN 0.0%
East Asian 0.0%
Southeast Asian 0.0%

SIBERIAN & AMERINDIAN 0.3%
POLAR & SIBERIAN 0.3%
Polar 0.3%
Siberian 0.0%
NATIVE AMERICAN 0.0%
South Amerindian 0.0%
Central Amerindian 0.0%
North Amerindian 0.0%

AFRICAN 0.3%
East African 0.3%
West African 0.0%

I suspect hatred of the Levant stems from Islamophobia and discrimination against non-Northern Europeans in general.

Besides, I like being of Northern and Southern European ancestry as well as Middle Eastern.

^^I don't think the old style racists from England in the late 19th century, or the German ones, or the Nazis, cared about religion. The Nazis sure didn't care if a 100% or 50% Ashkenazi Jew had converted to Christianity. It was about their definition of "RACE". That's what all the head measuring was about.

It may be partly about Islamophobia today, but that old "RACIAL" garbage is still part of it. Eastern Europeans don't want Christian Lebanese people migrating there either, even though Middle Eastern Christians have suffered the most from radical Islam, and Lebanese Christians integrate completely into American society, for example.

For crying out loud, Danny Thomas was an American icon, everybody's slightly frazzled, irascible, but but very loving and much loved father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XpiZ0nEoJc

I don't know how many of those things I watched on re-runs when I got to America, probably all of them.

He was an intensely devout Catholic, and a very philanthropic man; he founded and supported St. Jude's Children's Hospital,which is still going strong today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Jude_Children's_Research_Hospital

One of the usual suspects is the opposite of an Islamophobe, and hates Jews. He has a history of targeting them at his school, perhaps somehow tied to his major in Middle Eastern studies.

One of the others has said the most appalling things about Jews.

Like I said, it's a sickness.

i don't care if they like me or not
if a person is intrested in genetics he shouldn't care
and focus on the hobby :)
anthrogenica is nothing to be a jew in apricity is going to the wolf cave
and there there is no moderator who can stop them and believe me they curse
and they remind me almost everyday that i am jewish .
but i don't care about them i focus on genetics thread there not the anthropology racist classification one .

^^I don't think the old style racists from England in the late 19th century, or the German ones, or the Nazis, cared about religion. The Nazis sure didn't care if a 100% or 50% Ashkenazi Jew had converted to Christianity. It was about their definition of "RACE". That's what all the head measuring was about.

It may be partly about Islamophobia today, but that old "RACIAL" garbage is still part of it. Eastern Europeans don't want Christian Lebanese people migrating there either, even though Middle Eastern Christians have suffered the most from radical Islam, and Lebanese Christians integrate completely into American society, for example.

For crying out loud, Danny Thomas was an American icon, everybody's slightly frazzled, irascible, but but very loving and much loved father.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XpiZ0nEoJc

I don't know how many of those things I watched on re-runs when I got to America, probably all of them.

He was an intensely devout Catholic, and a very philanthropic man; he founded and supported St. Jude's Children's Hospital,which is still going strong today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Jude_Children's_Research_Hospital

One of the usual suspects is the opposite of an Islamophobe, and hates Jews. He has a history of targeting them at his school, perhaps somehow tied to his major in Middle Eastern studies.

One of the others has said the most appalling things about Jews.

Like I said, it's a sickness.
It is a sickness and a certainly a trait of someone with an unformed personality.

i don't care if they like me or not
if a person is intrested in genetics he shouldn't care
and focus on the hobby :)
anthrogenica is nothing to be a jew in apricity is going to the wolf cave
and there there is no moderator who can stop them and believe me they curse
and they remind me almost everyday that i am jewish .
but i don't care about them i focus on genetics thread there not the anthropology racist classification one .

The problem is that any genetic "analysis" by people like that is probably incorrect, or at least suspect.

In the law, jurors don't give much weight to an "impeached" witness, as in impeached for dishonesty, bias etc.

There are too many ways you can play with this data.

I'm not, by the way, at all attributing any of this to "Kurd". He has been very transparent about his work, so you can see exactly what he did, what samples he used, etc. That's why it's so unfortunate if people are insulting him over there. Bad form as the British say.

I'm sorry to say it, but there is something seriously wrong with this calculator.

Most likely. Some results from Anthrogenica (if I violate some rules, I immediately delete the post)

- a Tuscan

EUROPEAN 98%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 83.5%
Greek-Albanian 45.6%
Southwest European 35.4%
Sardinian-Sicilian 2.5%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 14.1%
Southern Slavic 14.1%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 0.5%
Scandinavian 0.5%

WEST ASIA 2.0%
South West Asian 2.0%

- a Northern Greek with some Bulgarian ancestor

EUROPEAN 86.2%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 46.6%
Greek-Albanian 36.0%
Southwest European 9.7%
Sardinian-Sicilian 0.8%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 39.6%
Southern Slavik 39.6%
Eastern Slavik 0.0%
Westhern Slavik 0.0%
Baltic 0.0%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 0.0%
Scandinavian 0.0%

WEST ASIA 13.8%
Caucasian 12.5%
South West Asian 1.3%

- a Greek

EUROPEAN 89.3%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 54.9%
Greek-Albanian 42.3%
Greeks, Albanians
Southwest European 12.6%
Sardinian-Sicilian 0.0%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 34.4%
Southern Slavic 32.8%
Baltic 1.6%
Eastern Slavic 0.0%
Western Slavic 0.0%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 0.0%
Scandinavian 0.0%

WEST ASIA 5.7%

C/SC/S ASIA 5.1%

SIBERIAN & AMERINDIAN 0.0%
E/SE ASIA & OCEANIA 0.0%
AFRICAN 0.0%

- English from southeast England

EUROPEAN 97.5%

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 62.8%
Northwestern European 55.0%
Scandinavian 7.7%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 32.5%
Western Slavic 30.6%
Southern Slavic 1.9%

SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 2.3%
Sardinian-Sicilian 2.3%

WEST ASIA 2.5%
South West Asian 2.5%

- Hungarian

EUROPEAN 88.7%

EASTERN EUROPEAN 63.6
Western Slavic 44.5
Southern Slavic 19.1

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 24.5
Scandinavian 24.5

WEST ASIA 10.9
Caucasian 10.9

Siberian & Amerindian 0.4
Siberian 0.4

Interesting.From what I can see results seem to vary , working better for some people than others.I feel I got a bit of a mixed bag , some dead on the money and some a little off.

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 96.5%
- Northwestern European 73.2%
- Scandinavian 23.3%

South Central Asian 1.5%
Balochi, Brahui, Pakistani Parsis
Caucasian 1.4 %
South Amerindian 0.6 %

First off I got a bit more northwestern European than what I generally get and the southern European component I almost always get and the eastern European component I often get are missing , most likely because of the fact these components aren't very recent to me .They seem to have vanished into the Northwestern European category here.The Scandinavian is a little on the high side but well within my normal levels.Here are some Scandinavian levels from different tests I've taken :

My Heritage - 28.4%
My Origins - 24 %
GenePlaza - 23.3 %
GPS Origins - 20.4 %
Eurogenes K36 - 10.08 %
DNA Tribes - 9.2 %
DNA Land - 8.5 %
23 and Me - 1.5 %

So nothing odd there.

I note that when native American ancestry shows up ( which is rarely ) it`s always from South America , even though I have no ancestry from there ( at least not known ).As a guess , if it isn`t noise , it could be an ancient Hun like signature from Central Asia . I once came across some guy claiming much of southern France was settled by South American Natives.This was based on high Q values in southern France.Highly unlikely of course , but after checking up on it I discovered that the Huns ( who had invaded as far as the southern area of France ) had Q values almost exactly the same as certain South American Native tribes.I`ve also noticed that a few people centered around the Caucasus do show some South American DNA even though none of their ancestors ever came from the new world.I think Huns ( or ancient proto-Huns), using Occam`s Razor , is the best explanation.

Nothing odd about the Caucasian or Balochi , although the Caucasian component is often a little higher than this.

Last edited:
Of course, these results - as Dibran wrote - are very weird, but they are not a total surprise for me. Other calculators on Gedmatch (for example puntDNAL K12, 13 or 15) sometimes cluster the central-northern Italians with Albanians, Kosovars, continental Greeks, Macedonians, Montenegrins... I think this Geneplaza tool works in some way with the same parameters.

There should be a update by weeks end.

Was interested in this calculator because of its slavic breakdown. Interesting that I have such low west slavic, though they didnt use a slovak reference. Still its one of the few calcs that doesnt over inflate my north west euro, and being of 3/4 slovak descent its a bit uncanny how it I literally end up 75% easter euro. I dont see any reference pop for Germany though. Basically when germany and austria are eliminated things make more sense for me.
189053dfbc2f7e81e7570ffcb310fd30.jpg

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

On paper, I am 25% Italian, 25% Slovenian, and 50% mixed northern euro (British Isles and Germany). I found the west Asian component curious.

• EUROPEAN 89.4%
    • WEST ASIA10.6%
      • Caucasian10.6%
      • South West Asian0.0%

This isnt necessarily true. Slovakia agreed to only take christian refugees. I here eastern europeans speaking about this topic a lot, and all people I know speak pretty positive about christian middle easterners, its really just muslims they are against.

On paper, I am 25% Italian, 25% Slovenian, and 50% mixed northern euro (British Isles and Germany). I found the west Asian component curious.
  • EUROPEAN 89.4%
    • WEST ASIA10.6%
      • Caucasian10.6%
      • South West Asian0.0%

Is the 25 % Italian Southern?

This thread has been viewed 111739 times.

Back