Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 290

Thread: (NEW) GenePlaza K25 and K29 Modern Calculator Results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    17-06-17
    Posts
    127


    Country: United States



    Thumbs up (NEW) GenePlaza K25 and K29 Modern Calculator Results

    Hey guys,
    Today, Kurd (Dilawar Khan) published a new calculator on GenePlaza based on modern population. It costs $5.



    https://www.geneplaza.com/app-store/65/preview
    Last edited by noman; 02-12-17 at 05:41.

  2. #2
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,696


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by noman View Post
    Hey guys,

    Today, Kurd (Dilawar Khan) published a new calculator on GenePlaza based on modern population. It costs $5. I have already paid, just waiting for results.

    https://www.geneplaza.com/app-store/65/preview
    Interesting breakdown of the Southern European component: I understand why he did it that way, but it's going to mean Northern Italians and Tuscans are going to wind up a jumble of all three. I don't know; I'll think about it; even though it's only 5 dollars, it's not going to tell me anything I don't already know from the comparison to ancient samples, i.e. I'll probably get quite a it of southwestern European.


      • Sardinian-Sicilian
        17.5%


      • Southwest European
        0.0%


      • Greek-Albanian


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  3. #3
    Princess davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,205


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    This thread might be of assistance
    http://www.anthrogenica.com/showthre...-GenePlaza-com
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

  4. #4
    Regular Member Johane Derite's Avatar
    Join Date
    21-06-17
    Posts
    1,783

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Really interesting i haven't seen someone categorise albanian and greek together like this before. I'll be sure post my results here if i end up getting it, i wonder how much greek albanian i get xD
    "As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

  5. #5
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    1,075

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johane Derite View Post
    Really interesting i haven't seen someone categorise albanian and greek together like this before. I'll be sure post my results here if i end up getting it, i wonder how much greek albanian i get xD
    Here are my results Shqipe. Not sure how accurate. \
    Me(23andme)

    52% Greek-Albanian
    9.8% Sardinian-Sicilian
    36.5% Percent Southern Slavic
    1.7% Caucasian

    My Father(23andme)(Diber Vogel)

    48.2% Greek-Albanian
    17.2% Sardinian-Sicilian
    33.3% Southern Slavic
    1.1% Caucasian

    My Mother(Ancestry)(Puka, Shkodra, Mali Zi) - My mothers Paternal grandmother, and maternal grandfather were from Montenegro. The Paternal Grandmother was Montenegrin, and the maternal Grandfather was Albanian from Montenegro. Could explain why she gets more than Albanian? Unless its not exactly accurate. On Ancestry she gets 75 percent Albania/Greece/Turkey, 20 percent northeast Italy/Croatia/Bosnia and 5 percent Caucasian.

    53.7% Percent Southern Slavic
    32% Greek-Albanian
    7.2% Sardinian-Sicilian
    6% Caucasian
    .5% Bedouin
    .7% East African

  6. #6
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,696


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Sorry to be negative, but it looks like a mess to me. Everybody thinks doing a calculator based on modern clusters is easy, but it isn't.

    I'll pass and put the 5.00 toward a new 23andme run since they have so many new samples. At least they have an Italian cluster. I just sent out the money a few minutes ago.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    17-06-17
    Posts
    127


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Sorry to be negative, but it looks like a mess to me. Everybody thinks doing a calculator based on modern clusters is easy, but it isn't.

    I'll pass and put the 5.00 toward a new 23andme run since they have so many new samples. At least they have an Italian category. I just sent out the money a few minutes ago.
    How can I update my results for 23andme?

  8. #8
    Regular Member AdeoF's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-03-13
    Location
    London - England
    Posts
    252

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L21 (R-DF13)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1 (H1h1) or (H1e1)

    Ethnic group
    Spanish
    Country: UK - England



    It's not going to work out, it need much more information in order to kind of work really. Need more breakdowns at least.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Promenade's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-16
    Posts
    288

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I wouldn't recommend this test even for 5 dollars. I received 17% east Slavic and 3 percent Central/South Asian which is baffling

  10. #10
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,696


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Promenade View Post
    I wouldn't recommend this test even for 5 dollars. I received 17% east Slavic and 3 percent Central/South Asian which is baffling
    What is your ancestry if you don't mind my asking, Promenade?

    I didn't mind paying $5.00 for his Ancient Sample run because no other calculator had all those ancient samples against which I could run my own entire raw data set and see comparisons to specific named and numbered samples. This is different.

    At least with 23andme the reference base keeps growing as more people test. It's not perfect, though. Malta, at least, shouldn't be in with the Balkans, and there are other issues as well. They should at least rename Middle East so people know it's Northern Middle East, and doesn't include Palestinians, Jordanians or Saudis. Also, by having a specific Ashkenazi category, the Ashkenazi can't see their constituent parts, so to speak. They'd have to do something like Ancestry, I guess, or Kurd's ancient run.

    None of the tests is perfect.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Promenade's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-01-16
    Posts
    288

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U106 R-L1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1e

    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    What is your ancestry if you don't mind my asking, Promenade?

    I didn't mind paying $5.00 for his Ancient Sample run because no other calculator had all those ancient samples against which I could run my own entire raw data set and see comparisons to specific named and numbered samples. This is different.

    At least with 23andme the reference base keeps growing as more people test. It's not perfect, though. Malta, at least, shouldn't be in with the Balkans, and there are other issues as well. They should at least rename Middle East so people know it's Northern Middle East, and doesn't include Palestinians, Jordanians or Saudis. Also, by having a specific Ashkenazi category, the Ashkenazi can't see their constituent parts, so to speak. They'd have to do something like Ancestry, I guess, or Kurd's ancient run.

    None of the tests is perfect.
    German, French, Irish, Scottish and Dutch. I have ancestry from eastern Germany and usually receive east European ancestry, but usually around 5 percent and never above 10, besides this would most likely fall under west slavic or baltic and not east slavic or east "slavik" as it is written in the test. As for the Central Asian I can't don't have much of an explanation, I've never witnessed it with any other test. No test is perfect, but this one appears to be considerably deficient as far as those using modern ethnic clusters go. I wouldn't like to insult Kurd and go as far as calling it lazily made as I have no idea how it was constructed, but the fact that the names of the genetic clusters involved aren't even spelt properly is worrying.

  12. #12
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,696


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Promenade View Post
    German, French, Irish, Scottish and Dutch. I have ancestry from eastern Germany and usually receive east European ancestry, but usually around 5 percent and never above 10, besides this would most likely fall under west slavic or baltic and not east slavic or east "slavik" as it is written in the test. As for the Central Asian I can't don't have much of an explanation, I've never witnessed it with any other test. No test is perfect, but this one appears to be considerably deficient as far as those using modern ethnic clusters go. I wouldn't like to insult Kurd and go as far as calling it lazily made as I have no idea how it was constructed, but the fact that the names of the genetic clusters involved aren't even spelt properly is worrying.
    No, that doesn't seem to make sense. I really respect Kurd's ability and work, and his transparency with everything he does as well. Perhaps it's a work in progress, or maybe it's better for Near Eastern people. I understand why he would want a Kurdish cluster, but I don't know how that affects the other clusters.

    It's just much, much harder to do this with modern populations than people realize, I think. There's been so many admixtures, and there's so much overlap.

    In some ways I got much more out of the comparisons to the ancient samples. I could see how I compare to Italians from other parts of Italy, to Iberians, to the Greeks and Albanians, to Northern Europeans etc. Once ancient Italian samples are in I'll be able to see how it changed over time and what groups might have affected it.

    If you want to know percentages of actual modern nationalities you're better off doing a really good family tree.

  13. #13
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    8,012

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Promenade View Post
    I wouldn't recommend this test even for 5 dollars. I received 17% east Slavic and 3 percent Central/South Asian which is baffling
    I agree, 0.7% Papuan makes zero sense to me. On top of that, I get zero for Sicilian, despite the fact I'm Southern Italian.

  14. #14
    Princess davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,205


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I agree, 0.7% Papuan makes zero sense to me. On top of that, I get zero for Sicilian, despite the fact I'm Southern Italian.
    Uhhhh...what???? No Sicilian????? Nada?? Shouldn't southern Italians and Sicilians be apples from the same tree? This calculator requires an extended deadline, it's clearly in beta phase.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Salento's Avatar
    Join Date
    30-05-17
    Posts
    5,559

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    (NEW) GenePlaza K25 Modern Calculator Results

    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Uhhhh...what???? No Sicilian????? Nada?? Shouldn't southern Italians and Sicilians be apples from the same tree? This calculator requires an extended deadline, it's clearly in beta phase.
    I’m the “Apple of the same tree” I’m really, very much, Big Time South Italian, probably Sicilian too. But, I also get on some other results, besides my usual Italian percentages like this:
    Swallow the “Apple” @davef
    🕷️

  16. #16
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    8,012

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Salento View Post
    I’m the “Apple of the same tree” I’m really, very much, Big Time South Italian, probably Sicilian too. But, I also get on some other results, besides my usual Italian percentages like this:
    Swallow the “Apple” @davef
    I'm doing LivingDNA too. I'm waiting for my kit to arrive.

    I get that every test gives different results. But this K25 calculator seems to give the most radically different results I've seen thus far. All in all, I would say 23andme was the most accurate using modern populations, in terms of making sense according to where I'm actually from. Nevertheless, if Kurd reads this post; I not trying to trash his test. But perhaps, he will fix it with an update.

    I think the K25 calculator probably works better for certain ethnicities, because the components they would get are better arranged. It also seems to be producing some small percentages of totally inaccurate results.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Lenab's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-12-17
    Posts
    711

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I S24 Saxon
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H Pioneers

    Country: United Kingdom



    I got H as a main haplogroup and I S24 Saxon as I am partly English too when they allow me to post URLS I can post the scores of my genetic tests

  18. #18
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,696


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Does anyone know what's included in South Slavic?

  19. #19
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    1,075

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Does anyone know what's included in South Slavic?
    Montenegrin, Bosnian, Bulgarian, and Romanian

  20. #20
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    21,696


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Montenegrin, Bosnian, Bulgarian, and Romanian
    It seems odd to me to group Montenegrins and Bosnians with Bulgarians and Romanians if you're doing a Balkan split. I would think you'd do western versus eastern Balkans and then maybe put Albanians with Greeks as "south Balkans".

    It would be interesting to see then if Bulgarians and Romanians are sort of the reverse of Albanians, i.e. split between Bulgarians and Romanians versus Albanians/Greeks, but with higher percentages for Bulgarian/Romanian.

    I think it's a mistake to use Sardinians for any of this, at least mixed with another group. They're too highly drifted.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    1,075

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    It seems odd to me to group Montenegrins and Bosnians with Bulgarians and Romanians if you're doing a Balkan split. I would think you'd do western versus eastern Balkans and then maybe put Albanians with Greeks as "south Balkans".
    It would be interesting to see then if Bulgarians and Romanians are sort of the reverse of Albanians, i.e. split between Bulgarians and Romanians versus Albanians/Greeks, but with higher percentages for Bulgarian/Romanian.
    I think it's a mistake to use Sardinians for any of this, at least mixed with another group. They're too highly drifted.
    I’m not too sure about the groupings or the reasoning behind it . A Bulgarian User scored somewhat of a reverse with 28 percent Greek-Albanian. Idk why the rest of the south Slavs were left out of the reference group. I agree with your suggestions. That’s roughly what LivingDNA has. West Balkan east balkans and Aegean for Greek and Albanian.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    1,075

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I agree, 0.7% Papuan makes zero sense to me. On top of that, I get zero for Sicilian, despite the fact I'm Southern Italian.
    What company did you test with? Because his calculator only works with 23andme files. Which could explain my moms off results. It’s especially inaccurate for LivingDNA files.

  23. #23
    Advisor Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Posts
    8,012

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1b2a2a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b7

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    What company did you test with? Because his calculator only works with 23andme files. Which could explain my moms off results. It’s especially inaccurate for LivingDNA files.
    I'm using 23andme V5.

    The results from this calculator seems like a far cry from what other tests have told me, including 23andme. I'm a fan of Kurd's ancient calculator; this one, not so much.

  24. #24
    Regular Member Dibran's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-09-16
    Posts
    1,075

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

    Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I'm using 23andme V5.

    The results from this calculator seems like a far cry from what other tests have told me, including 23andme. I'm a fan of Kurd's ancient calculator; this one, not so much.
    Now that a couple Albanians posted their results I agree. I figured mine were more reasonable, bur more norther albanian clans who should be less admixed, are scoring more South Slavic than the Southern Slavs that posted their results. So, there clearly is some major discrepancy, or spillover of genes.

  25. #25
    Princess davef's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-06-16
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,205


    Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish
    Country: USA - New York



    Ummm ok there was no need for the "swallow the Apple" part. I was just shocked at the zero Sicilian score.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Geneplaza Ethnicity Calculator (PCA)
    By Jovialis in forum DNA Testing & General Genetics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 27-04-20, 22:34
  2. (NEW) GenePlaza K12 Ancient Calculator Results
    By noman in forum Autosomal Genetics
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 16-04-19, 20:44
  3. Geneplaza K29 and K35
    By Userius in forum Autosomal Genetics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18-11-18, 15:07
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 18-10-18, 00:56
  5. Share your GenePlaza K29 admxitures
    By Maciamo in forum Autosomal Genetics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 14-06-18, 02:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •