(NEW) GenePlaza K25 and K29 Modern Calculator Results

How accurate is this anyways?My fully ukrainian friend got baltic and south slavic instead of real slavic too while my hungarian buddy got slavic.How?...

How accurate is this anyways?My fully ukrainian friend got baltic and south slavic instead of real slavic too while my hungarian buddy got slavic.How?...

If the reference for "Slavic" is Polish that would explain it. It's centered in Central Europe. Ukrainians would be a blend of South Slavic, i.e. more "southern", with the furthest northern sample.

IMO it’s more accurate than the other calculators out there . Was that before the update

I'm waiting for my results now. Im wondering how much southern European I will get??

Yea,it was the k25,its been updating for 4 hours now but I as a Slovak got a blend of south slavic/baltic with zero eastern/western slav too, so I hope they sort it out as I cant take the other percentages seriously either this way(not to speak about my new found 15percent caucasian heritage...)

Yea,it was the k25,its been updating for 4 hours now but I as a Slovak got a blend of south slavic/baltic with zero eastern/western slav too, so I hope they sort it out as I cant take the other percentages seriously either this way(not to speak about my new found 15percent caucasian heritage...)
Caucasian in a Slovak?? Well that's a first to be honest. Hmm maybe this test still has problems

Yes,altough I have Hungarian ancestry too with some possible Romani(got 0.6 south asian on 23andme),nothing really explains the Caucasian as I dont score anything close to it,not even on gedmatch.I even lack the southern-european component that it could have mistaken for,so basically what 23andme views as eastern/northern european somehow got thrown into caucasus by this test...

Here are my results for Geneplaza K25 & K29.

K25
European. 98.1
NWE. 51.9
Scand. 25.9
W. Slavic. 20.3
C/SC/S Asia. 1.9

K29
European. 91.8
N. Euro. 66.0
Scand. 20.0
E. Slavic. 5.8
Asian. 8.2
Tartars. 7.1
W. Asian. 0.7
Caucasian. 0.4

Here are a few results from the major testing companies.

Ancestry
British. 96, Scandinavian 0
FTDNA
British Isles. 98, Scandinavian 0
23andMe
B&I. 90.8, Scandinavian 1.4
MyHeritage
B&I. 96.5, Scandinavian 0
Livingdna
GB&I. 94.3, Scandinavian 4.6, Kurdish 1.1
Geno 2.0
GB&I. 97, Arabia 2

Born in Scotland with maternal side an even split between Scottish and Irish. Have traced Mum’s family back to mid 1700’s. Kurd’s analysis indicates a substantial increase over other test results for Scandinavian. The amount of Asian for K29 also seems to be high vs. other results.

"Caucasian" is in all Europeans,except maybe for the French Basque, although I have my doubts about that; it's just usually buried in more modern clusters, especially in Central and Northern Europe, unless you have a specific cluster for it. It's the pink in the following academic admixture chart.

Figure-2-ADMIXTURE-analysis-of-autosomal-SNPs-of-the-Western-Balkan-region-in-a-global.png

"Caucasian" is in all Europeans,except maybe for the French Basque, although I have my doubts about that; it's just usually buried in more modern clusters, especially in Central and Northern Europe, unless you have a specific cluster for it. It's the pink in the following academic admixture chart.

Figure-2-ADMIXTURE-analysis-of-autosomal-SNPs-of-the-Western-Balkan-region-in-a-global.png

I have no objection to there being such a category, but it's misleading if it's buried for some groups and not for others.

my results wow kurd it is damn accurate
thumb001.gif

EUROPEAN 71.7%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 57.7%
Sardinian-Sicilian 36.7%
Greek-Albanian 19.0%
Southwest European 2.1%
mad.png

EASTERN EUROPEAN 13.9%
Eastern Slavic 13.9% can still keep the mustache after all some cossack genes lol
Southern Slavic 0.0%Baltic 0.0%NORTHERN EUROPEAN0.0%
Northwest European0.0%
Scandinavian0.0%
ASIAN 28.3%
WEST ASIAN 23.6%
West Asian 12.3% thats iraq/georgian jews fox native genes to west asia
Southwest Asian 6.4%
Caucasian 4.9%
SC/S ASIAN 4.7%
South Central Asian 4.7% still got sme indo-iranian genes even after this update it is inline with dna land

CENTRAL ASIAN 0.0%Bashkirs0.0%
Tatars0.0%
Turkmens0.0%
Uzbek & Uyghur0.0%
Kazak & Kirgiz0.0%
Tajikistani0.0%
EAST-SOUTHEAST ASIAN0.0%
East Asian0.0%
Southeast Asian0.0%
SIBERIAN & AMERINDIAN0.0%
AFRICAN0.0%
Oceanian0.0%

Last edited:
Rerun. Lol, always a big piece of cake from the Greek-Albanian component, (were the Byzantines so aroused during the Exarchal domination?). I still don't understand the meaning of the Sardinian-Sicilian component: completely different genetic stories. Anyway the new results:

European 92.9%
- Southern European 70.4% (Greek-Albanian 54.8% + Sardinian-Sicilian 15.6%)
- Northern European 22.5% (Northwest European 15.7% + Scandinavian 6.7%)

Asian 7.1%
- West Asian 4.2% (Southwest Asian 2.2% + Caucasian 2%)
- Central Asian 2.9% (Tatars 2.9%)

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Eupedia Forum mobile app

My updated results

EASTERN EUROPEAN61.0%
Eastern Slavic37.9%
Baltic23.1%
Southern Slavic0.0%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN24.7%
Greek-Albanian18.7%
Sardinian-Sicilian6.0%
Southwest European0.0%
NORTHERN EUROPEAN13.9%
Northwest European13.9%
Scandinavian0.0%
SIBERIAN & AMERINDIAN0.4%
ASIAN0.0%
AFRICAN0.0%
Oceanian

How.am I so southern euro?

Updated results. Hello to my fellow Anthrogenica forumites, here's to hoping it comes back up soon. I didn't record my K25 but it was posted on Anthrogenica.

Northwest European 66.5% - this has increased by a small amount, Scandinavian was 4% before and now it is zero. I don't have any Scandinavian ancestry so I see this as improved.
Eastern Slavic 23.3% - previously I had some Baltic and South Slavic, both are now zero. I think this is more accurate as my Eastern European ancestors were from what is today the Ukraine.
Sardinian-Sicilian - 7.9% - IIRC I had no Southern European percentage before - I am not sure if this is more or less accurate for myself.
Central Amerindian - 1.8% - I had a tiny bit of North Amerindian before, but Central was still my highest percentage.
Siberian - 0.6%

On paper, I am 25% Italian, 25% Slovenian, and 50% mixed northern euro (British Isles and Germany). I found the west Asian component curious.

• EUROPEAN 89.4%
    • WEST ASIA10.6%
      • Caucasian10.6%
      • South West Asian0.0%

My Asian component went up and Changed from Caucasian to West Asian/Central Asian.
F7CB0BAA-EADF-47B1-BE9D-E22302F563BE.jpg

The update seems off for my parents and I. My dad’s southwest is super inflated compared to other calculators. I received none of my moms 20.4% Sardinian-Sicilian. My parents have 0% Southern Slavic yet I have 24.5%. Lastly all of our Asian scores are different between Caucasian, Turkmens, and Tatars.

Father: Wallonia Belgium

Southwest Europe: 47.5%
Northwest Europe: 35.6%
Baltic: 13%
Caucasian: 3.9%

Mother: French Canadian

Northwest Europe: 47.7%
Sardinian-Sicilian: 20.4%
Southwest Europe: 19.7%
Eastern Slavic: 5.2%
Scandinavian: 5.1%
Turkmens: 2%

Me

Northwest Europe: 30.8%
Southwest Europe: 30.4%
Southern Slavic: 24.5%
Scandinavian: 6.6%
Tatars: 4.2%
Baltic: 3.6%

K29 [FTDNA b37_concatenated]

NORTHERN EUROPEAN 54.4%
- Northwest European 54.4%
- Scandinavian 0.0%
SOUTHERN EUROPEAN 37.6%
- Greek-Albanian 37.6%
- Sardinian-Sicilian 0.0%
- Southwest European 0.0%
EASTERN EUROPEAN 0.0%
- Eastern Slavic 0.0%
- Southern Slavic 0.0%
- Baltic 0.0%
WEST ASIAN 8.0%
- West Asian 5.6%
- Southwest Asian 2.4%
- Caucasian 0.0%
CENTRAL ASIAN 0.0%
SC/S ASIAN 0.0%
EAST-SOUTHEAST ASIAN 0.0%
SIBERIAN & AMERINDIAN 0.0%
AFRICAN 0.0%
Oceanian 0.0%

https://i.imgur.com/o2wKEgN.png

great update and proper filter very insightful, but kurd removing the sardinians [K25] i knew that i was going to miss them in the update; ciao bella
fk2j9yb.jpg

My updated results!
Shocked to see some Turks/Central Asian ancestry in my DNA.
ib7gfmQ.png

The update seems off for my parents and I. My dad’s southwest is super inflated compared to other calculators. I received none of my moms 20.4% Sardinian-Sicilian. My parents have 0% Southern Slavic yet I have 24.5%. Lastly all of our Asian scores are different between Caucasian, Turkmens, and Tatars.

Father: Wallonia Belgium

Southwest Europe: 47.5%
Northwest Europe: 35.6%
Baltic: 13%
Caucasian: 3.9%

Mother: French Canadian

Northwest Europe: 47.7%
Sardinian-Sicilian: 20.4%
Southwest Europe: 19.7%
Eastern Slavic: 5.2%
Scandinavian: 5.1%
Turkmens: 2%

Me

Northwest Europe: 30.8%
Southwest Europe: 30.4%
Southern Slavic: 24.5%
Scandinavian: 6.6%
Tatars: 4.2%
Baltic: 3.6%

That certainly doesn't look like it turned out very well in your case - Were all three of these using 23andme data?

I am not though. Neither are my parents. Never sent Kurd anything, and per his reference display, my kits were not included.

Ah, got it. I stand corrected. It looks like the calculator is using public references, not from the forum users.

Actually realistically unless you are from SE Asia or Siberia you didn’t get your Siberian or SE Asian from those groups directly anyway. You probably got it from one of those 5 Turkic groups or Tajikistanis that he has in the calculator. So if that’s the case then the calculator is more useful for you than the other ones

That makes sense, although I was expecting a direct admixture from SinoTibetans that are prevalent in my country of origin (Nepal). The calculator's "East/Southeast Asian" groups like Han, She, Tu, Dai, Japanese, Burmese, Cambodian, Thai, etc. are showing 0%, but groups like Uyghurs, Uzbeks, and Tajiks are very high(approaching 50%). It is as if my admixture is not from my neighbors, but from far away.

This thread has been viewed 112065 times.

Back