Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In which region of the world did your blood type originate?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-L485
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a

Ethnic group
    Lebanon

A+

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y81971; R1a-YP415;
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H16f

Ethnic group
    hungarian, ruthenian, celtic, proto-german, scandinavian

Well, I'm BB Rh+ from Hungary. My wife is BB Rh+ too.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-Y189173
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2f1a1

Ethnic group
    Southern European 100%;Greek&Balkan 100%

Tested for the bloodtype was compulsory back in my home country when at the age of 14 I had my first identity card issued and a blood sample taken for analysis. They were providing back then only the blood type and nothing anout the Rhesus factor. So I knew I have O type. Years later, out of curiosity I had the RH done too which came as negative, so I'm type o negative.
    Few weeks ago Sequencing offered me a prediction based on the 23andme v5 chip rawdata I uploaded there. They thought I am B+ :))
    ydna:E-FT79653>E-Y189173
    MtDna: T2f1a1*

Quote Originally Posted by domogled View Post
    Tested for the bloodtype was compulsory back in my home country when at the age of 14 I had my first identity card issued and a blood sample taken for analysis. They were providing back then only the blood type and nothing anout the Rhesus factor. So I knew I have O type. Years later, out of curiosity I had the RH done too which came as negative, so I'm type o negative.
    Few weeks ago Sequencing offered me a prediction based on the 23andme v5 chip rawdata I uploaded there. They thought I am B+ :))
    Wow, so much for that. Did they inform you about your secretor status? I am assuming it must be non-secretor if they had to guess your blood type.
    If you search this forum for "blood type", "rhesus negative" or "rh negative", you will probably see my posts.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

I think
    I am A+
    husband O+
    Son #1 O+
    Son #2 O-

If I understand correctly, to have one son positive and one son negative,
    My husband must be OO+-
    and I must be AO+-

I know that my father's brother was O- So I would have gotten a negative from my father and positive from my mother

I was given rhogam after the birth of my first son.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheal View Post
    I think
    I am A+
    husband O+
    Son #1 O+
    Son #2 O-

My husband must be OO+-
    and I must be AO+-

I know that my father's brother was O- So I would have gotten a negative from my father and positive from my mother

Why did they administer Rhogam? Are you sure you're A+?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

I'm not sure about why they gave Rhogam other than the doctor said that it was to make sure I didn't have a reaction to another baby. If I remember correctly, my mom's sister lost several babies because of Rh factor.

And I am fairly sure I am positive, but the last time I was blood typed was longer ago than 38 years, and I may have gotten results mixed up. I will let you know after I'm retested.

And I am fairly sure I am positive,
    I bet you're not. They had to at least assume you are Rh negative in order to administer Rhogam.

Ethnic group
    Italian

I think
    I am A+
    husband O+
    Son #1 O+
    Son #2 O-

My husband must be OO+-
    and I must be AO+-

I'm A+ as well. That's the riskier one for Covid, right, or am I misremembering.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

I think my husband and I had covid last February. We went to San Antonio last Feb for a conference when it was first starting to appear. They asked the employees from China to not come because of covid. At that time though, there was more frequent travel to and from their facilities in China. There were about 1000 at his conference and about half came down with .. something, flu-like. I didn't participate in any of the conference activities but still caught whatever it was, some where hospitalized a week or two later with what ever it was we all had.

When I was in my 20's I worked at a hospital and we were all blood typed. I was A+ (possibly B+) with a small c negative. I think I remember that the c stood for Coombs?

My mother kept a list of what my siblings reported as their blood types. Some were B some where A, which would make her AB. At the time, she and I talked about that some of the A's or B's were wrong because she didn't think she was AB, but either A or B. That conversation was probably 35-40 years ago though so I just don't remember which she thought she was.

My husband's parents are both O+.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I'm A+ as well. That's the riskier one for Covid, right, or am I misremembering.
    There are now several studies out there and some show B and AB at higher risk, but the original ones from Wuhan, NYP/CUIMC and Columbia appear to agree on blood type A (shown in the 2 latter to be A+) to be at elevated risk.

In this study we found evidence for association between blood groups and COVID-19. Using data from NYP/CUIMC, we found the odds of COVID-19 positive vs negative test results were increased in blood groups A and decreased in blood groups O, consistent with previous results from Wuhan and Shenzhen. While Rh negative blood types are rare, we find evidence of association only for Rh positive blood groups. Though few AB individuals were included in our cohort, we discovered a new significant odds decrease for AB blood groups. In a meta-analysis of our data with data from Wuhan and Shenzhen reported by Zhao et al., we found a new significant COVID-19 odds increase for B blood groups compared to the general population. We demonstrated that the associations we found were not explained by confounding due to several known risk factors. Our results replicate previously-discovered associations between A and O blood groups and COVID-19, and we show novel associations between B, AB, and Rh blood groups.
    https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stayn...73v1.full_.pdf

There is a new one out with a much larger cohort which I will post as soon as I'll get to it.

I think my husband and I had covid last February. We went to San Antonio last Feb for a conference when it was first starting to appear. They asked the employees from China to not come because of covid. At that time though, there was more frequent travel to and from their facilities in China. There were about 1000 at his conference and about half came down with .. something, flu-like. I didn't participate in any of the conference activities but still caught whatever it was, some where hospitalized a week or two later with what ever it was we all had.

When I was in my 20's I worked at a hospital and we were all blood typed. I was A+ (possibly B+) with a small c negative. I think I remember that the c stood for Coombs?

My mother kept a list of what my siblings reported as their blood types. Some were B some where A, which would make her AB. At the time, she and I talked about that some of the A's or B's were wrong because she didn't think she was AB, but either A or B. That conversation was probably 35-40 years ago though so I just don't remember which she thought she was.

My husband's parents are both O+.
    There is always the chance to have a weak expression. You can be AB, but have a weak expression of either the A or B allele making you show as B or A respectively in some of the tests. The same goes for the D (Rh): It is possible you have a weak D expression, but were typed as d (Rh negative) in the test they performed during your pregnancy.

Why does she have to be AB? Is your father confirmed O?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

Yes, my father was confirmed 0+.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Pat-U106-H11a10
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H5a1b

Ethnic group
    a true mutt

The results are in, I am A+

Y-DNA haplogroup
    rare E-FGC7391
    MtDNA haplogroup
    h3ap

I am A+ like mom🤔
    anyway i don't think there is a connection
    Between geographical area and the blood type
    For example: A+ is very high in scandinavia but it is also very high in australia abourigines
    I believe the distribution of the different blood types is random🤔
    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-FGC7391/

https://yfull.com/mtree/H3ap/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283 (z627)

Ethnic group
    Ancient

I am B+
    Dont know where it originates from

The results are in, I am A+
    I still don't understand why they administered Rhogam.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Father: I2a1a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b1c

Ethnic group
    French Canadian (Northern French & British/Scotish)

I am O negative, and I would tend to think like you that it is a Western European thing related to the population with high percentage of R1b.

I come from one of the most R1b populations in the world. According to French Canadian genealogy y-dna databases, 70 to 80% of the men here are R1b and the haplogroups are all very ancient in France. We are descended from medieval French peoples, not from modern Frenchs. Half are R-L51, but there are also a lot of R-U152 (Gauls), R-L21 (Normandy, french Brittany, UK), R-U106 (Paris region), the Basque subclade (Aquitaine) and others.

In second position comes the I1 (mainly the Normans ancestors names), J2, G, some I2 like my father but it's rare. There is no R1a.

My maternal grand-father was R-L21, ancestor from French Brittany, which is a « celtic » zone were O bloodgroup is very prevalent and rhesus negative almost as high as in Basque Country. But there could be also something in my « british » dna that carry this O negative gene (I’m 1/3 british).

(Amerindian admixture is only 1% or less on average, and I have none).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12