Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In which region of the world did your blood type originate?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I was wrong. I'm B+.
    Ha, join the club! I am also a B+, my wife is a B-, son is a B+. I am not sure what my daughter is but I think B+. If I remember my wife was given Rhogam during her pregnancy with our son.
    Last edited by bigsnake49; 19-02-22 at 16:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post
    I am 0- as well, and I am an Albanian from North Macedonia.

The only thing I know about 0- is that I can donate blood to anyone, but can only receive blood from fellow 0-.

I personally doubt blood groups originated with a specific peoples or in a specific location.
    I am 0 negative too. My dad is 0 negative and all of his brothers as well. We are active blood donors in our community.

I agree with you but it seems to be a weird obsession some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by mount123 View Post

I agree with you but it seems to be a weird obsession some people have.
    Let him who is without obsessions cast the first stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype0ne View Post

I personally doubt blood groups originated with a specific peoples or in a specific location.
    Let's assume for a minute that blood type B was the most recent one to come about (aside from AB of course which is a result of A and B antigens coming together.

How did B magically appear on several continents if there wasn't one point of origin?

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-U152 BY3644/A9024
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c3b 'Helga'

1 members found this post helpful.
    According to the American Red Cross, the following statistics show the most common blood types in the U.S.:
    African American: 47% O-positive, 24% A-positive, and 18% B-positive
    Latin American: 53% O-positive, 29% A-positive, and 9% B-positive
    Asian: 39% O-positive, 27% A-positive, and 25% B-positive
    Caucasian: 37% O-positive, 33% A-positive, and 9% B-positive

I am B+

Quote Originally Posted by brianco View Post
    According to the American Red Cross, the following statistics show the most common blood types in the U.S.:
    African American: 47% O-positive, 24% A-positive, and 18% B-positive
    Latin American: 53% O-positive, 29% A-positive, and 9% B-positive
    Asian: 39% O-positive, 27% A-positive, and 25% B-positive
    Caucasian: 37% O-positive, 33% A-positive, and 9% B-positive
    I am B+
    That's cool.
    But the people of the US are not a genetic tribe.

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Sorry to disappoint you Firetown, but ABO blood types evolved millions of years ago and are shared with other primates. Chimpanzees have been found thus far to have primarily type A blood, with type O less commonly. Gorillas appear to be exclusively type B. Orangutans express all three blood types. Macaques have all three blood types. I couldn't find data for other species, but it appears that most Old World monkeys exhibit all three ABO types.

In human it is natural selection due to local endemic disease or historical epidemics (e.g. cholera, plague) that shaped the ABO frequencies.

The Rhesus blood type is also shared with other primates. Gorillas have even been found to have more than two RH genes (source), so a more complex system than in humans.
    Check this selection of my best forum topics
    My book selection
    ---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you Firetown, but ABO blood types evolved millions of years ago and are shared with other primates. Chimpanzees have been found thus far to have primarily type A blood, with type O less commonly. Gorillas appear to be exclusively type B. Orangutans express all three blood types. Macaques have all three blood types. I couldn't find data for other species, but it appears that most Old World monkeys exhibit all three ABO types.

In human it is natural selection due to local endemic disease or historical epidemics (e.g. cholera, plague) that shaped the ABO frequencies.

The Rhesus blood type is also shared with other primates. Gorillas have even been found to have more than two RH genes (source), so a more complex system than in humans.
    You are right about the primates.
    However, there is absolutely no established timeline in terms of how those blood types evolved in humans over time.
    As for the Rh factor:
    I have previously stated that the gene deletion of the D could have occurred multiple times in multiple species numerous times in various places.

Has anyone checked the blood types of Paleolithic DNA samples? What's the geographic distribution very different from today?

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolan View Post
    Has anyone checked the blood types of Paleolithic DNA samples? What's the geographic distribution very different from today?
    We finally have some information on the Neanderthals.
    cisAB stands out:

Untitled.png

So does Partial D:

journal.pone_.0254175.g003-1-1.jpg

https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stayn...eanderthals-2/

Viscount

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by firetown View Post
    We finally have some information on the Neanderthals.
    cisAB stands out:
    Untitled.png
    So does Partial D:
    journal.pone_.0254175.g003-1-1.jpg
    https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stayn...eanderthals-2/
    . Any wonder why Steppe, Yamnaya, could have picked up this mutation besides the cholesterol gene. AE Mourant also shows A2 blood type the highest among Sammi people's.
    Suum cuique---Rubiconem suum

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    . Any wonder why Steppe, Yamnaya, could have picked up this mutation besides the cholesterol gene. AE Mourant also shows A2 blood type the highest among Sammi people's.
    It could have something to do with the mutation surviving and thriving in that region. The Rh protein is believed to assist in transporting Oxygen and CO2 so being in the Black Sea region may have been beneficial to those lacking it. Even today, most of the tribes known to be high in Rh negative frequencies appear to be located near the sea.
    I didn't know about the Sami being high in A2, but remember King Tut was A2 and it is high among Assyrians.

Viscount

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

It could have something to do with the mutation surviving and thriving in that region. The Rh protein is believed to assist in transporting Oxygen and CO2 so being in the Black Sea region may have been beneficial to those lacking it. Even today, most of the tribes known to be high in Rh negative frequencies appear to be located near the sea.
    I didn't know about the Sami being high in A2, but remember King Tut was A2 and it is high among Assyrians.
    It's an odd mutation I was thinking about the oxygen, uptake 1) the severe dust blowing on the Steppe or 2) helping breathe with Yersinia pestis-just speculation. The cult I was in, forbid any vaccine serum made with blood. Before we were married we took a test to rule out incompatibility; fortunate we were both the same, no need for a rhogam shot, had three children without any spontaneous fetal abortion

Assyrians (Christians--Grugni et al 2012) are high in R1b-Z2105-L584+
    About King Tut A2 and his meteoric iron dagger(Hittite?); have you seen the 5000YBP+/- Yamnaya/Afanasievo and Catacombe R1b Kurgan iron artifacts?

My paternal is-(z2110) clade of R1b_z2109 paternal Kurgans in Ukraine and Russia(aka Yamnaya 5000ybp+/-)

Myself Arh-
    Wife Orh-
    Son#1 Arh-
    Son#2 Arh-
    Son#3 orh-(Ao+Oo)rh-

Viscount

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-BY593
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2

delete double

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    It's an odd mutation I was thinking about the oxygen, uptake 1) the severe dust blowing on the Steppe or 2) helping breathe with Yersinia pestis-just speculation. The cult I was in, forbid any vaccine serum made with blood. Before we were married we took a test to rule out incompatibility; fortunate we were both the same, no need for a rhogam shot, had three children without any spontaneous fetal abortion

Assyrians (Christians--Grugni et al 2012) are high in R1b-Z2105-L584+
    About King Tut A2 and his meteoric iron dagger(Hittite?); have you seen the 5000YBP+/- Yamnaya/Afanasievo and Catacombe R1b Kurgan iron artifacts?

My paternal is-(z2110) clade of R1b_z2109 paternal Kurgans in Ukraine and Russia(aka Yamnaya 5000ybp+/-)

Myself Arh-
    Wife Orh-
    Son#1 Arh-
    Son#2 Arh-
    Son#3 orh-(Ao+Oo)rh-
    Thank you for filling in some of the blanks and drawing my attention into a direction I was previously unfamiliar with.
    I haven't seen the artifacts but always thought some of those could have been in the possession of Tut's family for many generations and possibly been brought to Egypt from very far away.
    Both of my grandmothers were from Silesia. One from Upper and one from Lower Silesia.
    I am also AO Rh-.
    So far, I have been looking at the Khvalynsk and Samara cultures as ancestors to the Yamnaya.
    Recent genetic studies have shown that males of the Khvalynsk culture carried primarily the paternal haplogroup R1b, although a few samples of R1a, I2a2, Q1a and J has been detected. They belonged to the Western Steppe Herder (WSH) cluster, which is a mixture of Eastern Hunter-Gatherer (EHG) and Caucasian Hunter-Gatherer (CHG) ancestry. This admixture appears to have happened on the eastern Pontic–Caspian steppe around 5,000 BC.
    https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stayn...e-frequencies/

We can also look at oher Yamnaya offspring like the Saka.
    1024px-Аржаан_-_2.jpg
    Hairpin_with_deer_on_top_burial_mound_Arzhan_(VIII.-VII._B.C.)_Tuva_(detail).jpg
    1024px-6._Pectorale_burial_mound_Arzhan_(VIII._-_VII._B._C.)_Tuva.jpg
    8._Akinak_(dagger)_bural_mound_Arzhan_(VIII.-VII._B.C.)_Tuva.jpg

Arzhan kurgan and early Saka artifacts, dated to 8-7th century BCE

Arzhan kurgan and early Saka artifacts, dated to 8-7th century BCE

Here is something else that gotten my attention:
    Kurgans in Poland[edit]

Memorial of the Battle of Varna, which took place on 10 November 1444 near Varna, Bulgaria. The facade of the mausoleum is built into the side of an ancient Thracian tomb.

Kurgan building has a long history in Poland. The Polish word for kurgan is kopiec or kurhan. Some excavated kurgans in Poland:

Ethnic group
    southern EUROPEAN

I have been looking into this for years but do need more data on it.
    So far I have the following:

O Positive

All indications show Africa as the source.

A Positive

Usually people say Europe, but Armenia and Assyria show up also high in A positive blood. Assyria is high for A2 which
    also Tutankhamun had. So the jury is out on this one, but I actually tend to look at the Fertile Crescent as a potential
    point of origin. And then the Andaman Islanders and Blackfoot Indians appear to be the highest in A positive blood.

B Positive

The Himalaya region seems very high. And likely is the point of origin. It is also interesting that most native
    American tribes are 100 percent O positive, yet the Inuits have significant B positive frequencies as well.
    And the Inuits replaced the original Proto-Eskimos around 1,000 years ago which were likely blood type O.
    B is likely the newest of the alleles creating the AB later than that. The fact that AB is the newest blood type
    shows a strong likelihood that in fact blood type B came after O and A.

AB Positive

This one is a puzzle as it came when the first B mixed with an A. What is interesting is a study of 55 ancient Hebrew
    remains where more than half turned out blood type AB. Positive or negative has not been indicated in the study:

Blood types of the ancient Hebrews

O Negative

It seems that wherever rh negative blood is high, so is blood type O. Be it amongst the Celts, the Basques or the Rhone Valley Walsers. Looking back in time, Sumer might be the place of origin. But more studies are needed as we only have indications at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AvjOeApKcI

A Negative

Here we go again: Is it Armenia, Assyria or Europe. Or did O negative tribes with Sumerian ancestry simply make it to Europe and mix with
    A positive Europeans to produce A negative blood?

B Negative

Since the original blood type B people from the Nepal region were likely all B positive, there is not doubt that B negative blood
    first came up when a B positive person had a child with an O negative one.

AB Negative

Again, a blood type A and blood type B person mixing with both carrying the D negative at least recessively was when the first person with AB negative blood was created. Where? You tell me!
    I think it's very interesting seeing the Fertile Crescent as the place were A expanded in modern times. Since those studies that claim there was a diet for each type, talked about us as liking cereals and vegetables.

B appearing in the Himalayas... As far as I'm concerned, it seems weird, since the Himalayas are not really known for expanding people to the outside. I will bet for other mountains in Western Asia. Since is in South Asia(and to some extent Russia) where most B exists.

I also say that because AB turned out to be in Israel, which is in the same aria.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmiikkii View Post
    I think it's very interesting seeing the Fertile Crescent as the place were A expanded in modern times. Since those studies that claim there was a diet for each type, talked about us as liking cereals and vegetables.
    B appearing in the Himalayas... As far as I'm concerned, it seems weird, since the Himalayas are not really known for expanding people to the outside. I will bet for other mountains in Western Asia. Since is in South Asia(and to some extent Russia) where most B exists.
    I also say that because AB turned out to be in Israel, which is in the same aria.
    Back to the thriving part:
    Life expectancy and blood types.
    I only know of two studies.
    One European (Greece) showing higher life expectancy for blood type A.
    The other is from Asia (Japan) showing elevated frequencies of blood type B amongst centenarians.
    The study of blood types from ancient Hebrew burial grounds had a very small amount of specimens, but the findings were still significant.
    Sixty-eight ancient skeletons, unearthed at Jerusalem and En Gedi and, according to the archeological data belonging to Jewish residents of these places from about 1,600 to 2,000 years ago, were ABO-typed by means of the hemagglutination-inhibition test. The blood groups of 13 skeletons were undiagnosable and the remaining 55 showed the following distribution: 30.91% A-group, 14.54% B-group, 50.91% AB-group and 3.64% O-group. According to these findings, the population to which these skeletons belonged must have had a high frequency of genes IA and IB, and a low occurrence of O blood group and its related IO gene.
    https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stayn...cient-hebrews/

Apparently A.E. Mourant believed that the Rh(D) negative blood factor originated around 50,000 years ago in the area now Southwest France among a Neanderthaloid-like population:
    https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stayn...e-rh-negative/

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283 (z627)

Ethnic group
    Ancient

Chimps gorillas and other apes have blood types. Blood types predate modern humans

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-L283 (z627)

Ethnic group
    Ancient

If you are blood type B
    You are gorilla

If you are blood type A
    You are a chimp
    [Img]

https://animalfactguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/chimpanzee_iStock-584864478-e1644287772737.jpg[/img]

Blood type O
    You are most likely a old world monkey or related to homo habalis

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L1029>Y133379
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H11a2b*

Ethnic group
    Albanian/Gheg/Dibran/Okshtun

AB Negative here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123