In which region of the world did your blood type originate?

I'm O Negative and my homeland is albania.
What does this imply about my ancestry?

I'm O Negative and my homeland is albania.
What does this imply about my ancestry?
Looking at your y-DNA R1b, Indo-European ancestry comes to mind. Yamnaya expansions are likely responsible for high Rh(D) negative frequencies in much of Europe. That's ignoring the ancient ones turning into Proto-Basques way before that.
According to Matthieson, around 65% of Mesolithic hunter-gatherers would have been type O, compared to around 40% in present-day Europeans, and around 40% of Steppe-ancestry individuals would have been Rh-.
667e1c0f39ef508db7579f9acc8a4457.jpg
(That image shows percentages of Rh(D) positives)
http://www.firetown.com/2017/11/06/half-ancient-basques-rh-negative/

I am 0- as well, and I am an Albanian from North Macedonia.

The only thing I know about 0- is that I can donate blood to anyone, but can only receive blood from fellow 0-.

I personally doubt blood groups originated with a specific peoples or in a specific location.

my blood type is AO(-)
my mother is A+
my father is O-

A+

Well, I'm BB Rh+ from Hungary. My wife is BB Rh+ too.

Tested for the bloodtype was compulsory back in my home country when at the age of 14 I had my first identity card issued and a blood sample taken for analysis. They were providing back then only the blood type and nothing anout the Rhesus factor. So I knew I have O type. Years later, out of curiosity I had the RH done too which came as negative, so I'm type o negative.
Few weeks ago Sequencing offered me a prediction based on the 23andme v5 chip rawdata I uploaded there. They thought I am B+ :))

Tested for the bloodtype was compulsory back in my home country when at the age of 14 I had my first identity card issued and a blood sample taken for analysis. They were providing back then only the blood type and nothing anout the Rhesus factor. So I knew I have O type. Years later, out of curiosity I had the RH done too which came as negative, so I'm type o negative.
Few weeks ago Sequencing offered me a prediction based on the 23andme v5 chip rawdata I uploaded there. They thought I am B+ :))
Wow, so much for that. Did they inform you about your secretor status? I am assuming it must be non-secretor if they had to guess your blood type.

I think
I am A+
husband O+
Son #1 O+
Son #2 O-

If I understand correctly, to have one son positive and one son negative,
My husband must be OO+-
and I must be AO+-

I know that my father's brother was O- So I would have gotten a negative from my father and positive from my mother

I was given rhogam after the birth of my first son.

I think
I am A+
husband O+
Son #1 O+
Son #2 O-

My husband must be OO+-
and I must be AO+-

I know that my father's brother was O- So I would have gotten a negative from my father and positive from my mother

Why did they administer Rhogam? Are you sure you're A+?

I'm not sure about why they gave Rhogam other than the doctor said that it was to make sure I didn't have a reaction to another baby. If I remember correctly, my mom's sister lost several babies because of Rh factor.

And I am fairly sure I am positive, but the last time I was blood typed was longer ago than 38 years, and I may have gotten results mixed up. I will let you know after I'm retested.

I think
I am A+
husband O+
Son #1 O+
Son #2 O-

My husband must be OO+-
and I must be AO+-

I'm A+ as well. That's the riskier one for Covid, right, or am I misremembering.

I think my husband and I had covid last February. We went to San Antonio last Feb for a conference when it was first starting to appear. They asked the employees from China to not come because of covid. At that time though, there was more frequent travel to and from their facilities in China. There were about 1000 at his conference and about half came down with .. something, flu-like. I didn't participate in any of the conference activities but still caught whatever it was, some where hospitalized a week or two later with what ever it was we all had.

When I was in my 20's I worked at a hospital and we were all blood typed. I was A+ (possibly B+) with a small c negative. I think I remember that the c stood for Coombs?

My mother kept a list of what my siblings reported as their blood types. Some were B some where A, which would make her AB. At the time, she and I talked about that some of the A's or B's were wrong because she didn't think she was AB, but either A or B. That conversation was probably 35-40 years ago though so I just don't remember which she thought she was.

My husband's parents are both O+.

I'm A+ as well. That's the riskier one for Covid, right, or am I misremembering.

There are now several studies out there and some show B and AB at higher risk, but the original ones from Wuhan, NYP/CUIMC and Columbia appear to agree on blood type A (shown in the 2 latter to be A+) to be at elevated risk.

In this study we found evidence for association between blood groups and COVID-19. Using data from NYP/CUIMC, we found the odds of COVID-19 positive vs negative test results were increased in blood groups A and decreased in blood groups O, consistent with previous results from Wuhan and Shenzhen. While Rh negative blood types are rare, we find evidence of association only for Rh positive blood groups. Though few AB individuals were included in our cohort, we discovered a new significant odds decrease for AB blood groups. In a meta-analysis of our data with data from Wuhan and Shenzhen reported by Zhao et al., we found a new significant COVID-19 odds increase for B blood groups compared to the general population. We demonstrated that the associations we found were not explained by confounding due to several known risk factors. Our results replicate previously-discovered associations between A and O blood groups and COVID-19, and we show novel associations between B, AB, and Rh blood groups.

https://www.rhesusnegative.net/stay...loads/2020/05/2020.04.08.20058073v1.full_.pdf

There is a new one out with a much larger cohort which I will post as soon as I'll get to it.

I think my husband and I had covid last February. We went to San Antonio last Feb for a conference when it was first starting to appear. They asked the employees from China to not come because of covid. At that time though, there was more frequent travel to and from their facilities in China. There were about 1000 at his conference and about half came down with .. something, flu-like. I didn't participate in any of the conference activities but still caught whatever it was, some where hospitalized a week or two later with what ever it was we all had.

When I was in my 20's I worked at a hospital and we were all blood typed. I was A+ (possibly B+) with a small c negative. I think I remember that the c stood for Coombs?

My mother kept a list of what my siblings reported as their blood types. Some were B some where A, which would make her AB. At the time, she and I talked about that some of the A's or B's were wrong because she didn't think she was AB, but either A or B. That conversation was probably 35-40 years ago though so I just don't remember which she thought she was.

My husband's parents are both O+.

There is always the chance to have a weak expression. You can be AB, but have a weak expression of either the A or B allele making you show as B or A respectively in some of the tests. The same goes for the D (Rh): It is possible you have a weak D expression, but were typed as d (Rh negative) in the test they performed during your pregnancy.

Why does she have to be AB? Is your father confirmed O?

Yes, my father was confirmed 0+.

The results are in, I am A+

This thread has been viewed 79152 times.

Back