Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Examples of beautiful Mediterranean women

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Yes so of those women are beautiful, others not really. My question: What makes those women Mediterranean? Anyone can be born in Spain, Italy, Greece, Southern France and Croatia.

Personally I prefer Anglo-Saxons, Mediterranean women look like my mother and sisters.
    I think it's a question of the combination of features for me, although in some cases there's overlap with other parts of the country, so it can be subtle.

Btw, the only part of Croatia I would consider close to Southern European is the Dalmatian islands and coast.

To Mediterranean I would include Albanians, perhaps some people in the Southern Balkans.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Adriana Torrebejano Giménez. From Catalonia (Valencian father, Andalusian Mother)

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

1 members found this post helpful.
    very not too typical for Neolithic people this last one. and something Northeast European in her eyes size and colour, I think, with modern criteria (at mesolithic I do'nt know).

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Adriana Torrebejano Giménez. From Catalonia (Valencian father, Andalusian Mother)

She looks quite similar to this Italian TV presenter

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...OoUDxEE142m5iQ

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    She looks quite similar to this Italian TV presenter

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pr...OoUDxEE142m5iQ

Inviato dal mio POT-LX1T utilizzando Tapatalk
    They look similar; although I see Adriana as more intense. I put Adriana in the image comparator and the celebrity that comes out first and is most often repeated is is Angelina Jolie.

Torrebejano seems to have an unknown origin; although his father is Valencian I have seen that where there is more is in Jaén and Córdoba, since many Andalusians also emigrated to Valencia finally I would not be surprised that also the father was of Andalusian origin.

His maternal surname is widespread, especially in Andalusia.
    And Giménez or Jiménez as it is the same surname quite widespread in Spain. The suffix "ez" is currently attributed to a concession of Queen Isabel I for Spanish surnames and comes from the Basque language.

There is also another hypothesis that I have just learned about that is very interesting since my maternal great-grandfather was a double Jiménez Jiménez.

Its origin is debated, it is usually accepted that it comes from Ximeone, patronymic of Simon. Other authors relate it to the Basque root seme "son" attested by 4th century Aquitanian inscriptions, with the form Sembe.

A theory that has not been proven is that of the journalist of Lithuanian origin, Jurate Rosales. Taking into account the forms Eximenonis and Ixemenones, the author has proposed a Baltic provenance, interpreting it as composed of asčiai and (ge)mones, which would mean 'men of the coast', the former being the term by which the Balts were called who, according to her theory, would have arrived in Spain with the Goths. He adds that it may be a cognate of the Lithuanian surname Simonis.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim%C3%A9nez_(apellido)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 - SK1480
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Serena Pellegrino
    ... s
    implicity in her own words
    (English subtitles)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

I need one of those therapies in conjunction with nature.

Ethnic group
    Italian

Moesan: very not too typical for Neolithic people this last one. and something Northeast European in her eyes size and colour, I think, with modern criteria (at mesolithic I do'nt know).
    [/QUOTE]

Some people persist in posting more Northern European women, perhaps to show they exist, but this thread is about women with "Mediterranean" features, even if not necessarily really dark coloring. I have to remind myself of that sometimes too.

Elite member

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b - L21/S145*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3c

Ethnic group
    more celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    They look similar; although I see Adriana as more intense. I put Adriana in the image comparator and the celebrity that comes out first and is most often repeated is is Angelina Jolie.

Torrebejano seems to have an unknown origin; although his father is Valencian I have seen that where there is more is in Jaén and Córdoba, since many Andalusians also emigrated to Valencia finally I would not be surprised that also the father was of Andalusian origin.

His maternal surname is widespread, especially in Andalusia.
    And Giménez or Jiménez as it is the same surname quite widespread in Spain. The suffix "ez" is currently attributed to a concession of Queen Isabel I for Spanish surnames and comes from the Basque language.

There is also another hypothesis that I have just learned about that is very interesting since my maternal great-grandfather was a double Jiménez Jiménez.

Its origin is debated, it is usually accepted that it comes from Ximeone, patronymic of Simon. Other authors relate it to the Basque root seme "son" attested by 4th century Aquitanian inscriptions, with the form Sembe.

A theory that has not been proven is that of the journalist of Lithuanian origin, Jurate Rosales. Taking into account the forms Eximenonis and Ixemenones, the author has proposed a Baltic provenance, interpreting it as composed of asčiai and (ge)mones, which would mean 'men of the coast', the former being the term by which the Balts were called who, according to her theory, would have arrived in Spain with the Goths. He adds that it may be a cognate of the Lithuanian surname Simonis.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim%C3%A9nez_(apellido)
    the last ("baltic") is a very distorded hypothesis, I don't buy it at all.

I find her very, very beautiful: Penelope Cruz.

(It'd be fake news the talking she did plastic surgery. She didn't.)

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Regio X View Post
    I find her very, very beautiful: Penelope Cruz.

(It'd be fake news the talking she did plastic surgery. She didn't.)

^^So do I, and in Spanish language films I think she can be a good actress too. She's like Sofia Loren of decades past; imo Hollywood often doesn't know how to cast her.

Perhaps my favorite film of hers is Volver, although I also liked her in Jamon Jamon, and Belle Epoque. The only English language thing in which I liked her performance was Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona, but I hate Woody Allen films, and that was no exception. She was pretty good as Donatella Versace in the television series, but she always puts me off when she's playing an Italian because the accent is always so Spanish. It was the same in NINE.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    ^^So do I, and in Spanish language films I think she can be a good actress too. She's like Sofia Loren of decades past; imo Hollywood often doesn't know how to cast her. Perhaps my favorite film of hers is Volver, although I also liked her in Jamon Jamon, and Belle Epoque. The only English language thing in which I liked her performance was Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona, but I hate Woody Allen films, and that was no exception. She was pretty good as Donatella Versace in the television series, but she always puts me off when she's playing an Italian because the accent is always so Spanish. It was the same in NINE.
    Volver is an excellent film, indeed. Certainly one of my favorites among those of Almodóvar and with Penelope.

I confess I like some Woody Allen films, Manhattan being an example of an old one, and Midnight in Paris being an example of a more recent one, as well as To Rome with Love. By the way, Penelope Cruz was 100% at this latter, even being close to the 40s. :)

As for Hollywood, El Cid would be one of the exceptions, I think. Sophia Loren was really great!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123