If you have DNA tested 4 children and their mother can you deduce the fathers race?

Boeck

Reaction score
I want to find my maternal grandfather's ethnicity but he is dead. I did get my mom and three of her siblings and their mother to DNA test though. I started with myself and then mom. While mom's DNA has half of my maternal grandfather (her dad) it also has half of her mothers which is not of interest to me. I did however decide to have maternal grans DNA tested thinking maybe if I know her DNA, my mom's admixture percentages could be resolved.

I have the 4 siblings and the mom, so if anyone thinks it might to be possible to resolve grandpa, please let me know, and I will post the 5 profiles for at least one calculator.

I want to find my maternal grandfather's ethnicity but he is dead. I did get my mom and three of her siblings and their mother to DNA test though. I started with myself and then mom. While mom's DNA has half of my maternal grandfather (her dad) it also has half of her mothers which is not of interest to me. I did however decide to have maternal grans DNA tested thinking maybe if I know her DNA, my mom's admixture percentages could be resolved.

I have the 4 siblings and the mom, so if anyone thinks it might to be possible to resolve grandpa, please let me know, and I will post the 5 profiles for at least one calculator.

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc/en-us/articles/212193688-Phasing-and-Inheritance

If I understood correctly.
Compare Grandma with Mom.
What’s extra or dissimilar in Mom, should “more or less” point to Grandpa DNA (her Dad).
If both of your Grandparents are genetically similar you won’t find much differences in your Mom.

We'll use Eurogenes K13 as an example

Mom

Population
North_Atlantic 44.87
Baltic 23.51
West_Med 13.35
West_Asian 8.69
East_Med 5.63
Red_Sea 1.06
South_Asian -
East_Asian 1.12
Siberian 1.52
Amerindian 0.24
Oceanian -
Northeast_African -
Sub-Saharan -

Grandma

Population
North_Atlantic 48.62
Baltic 21.09
West_Med 13.42
West_Asian 10.30
East_Med 2.82
Red_Sea 1.11
South_Asian -
East_Asian 1.00
Siberian 0.68
Amerindian -
Oceanian -
Northeast_African 0.50
Sub-Saharan 0.46

So, because mom has higher Siberian, Amerindian and East Med, Grandpa probably has some of those. Both have high percentage of North Atlantic and Baltic. If mom and grandma both have high North Atlantic/Baltic, how much would grandpa deviate from these percentages?

We'll use Eurogenes K13 as an example

Mom

Population
North_Atlantic 44.87
Baltic 23.51
West_Med 13.35
West_Asian 8.69
East_Med 5.63
Red_Sea 1.06
South_Asian -
East_Asian 1.12
Siberian 1.52
Amerindian 0.24
Oceanian -
Northeast_African -
Sub-Saharan -

Grandma

Population
North_Atlantic 48.62
Baltic 21.09
West_Med 13.42
West_Asian 10.30
East_Med 2.82
Red_Sea 1.11
South_Asian -
East_Asian 1.00
Siberian 0.68
Amerindian -
Oceanian -
Northeast_African 0.50
Sub-Saharan 0.46

So, because mom has higher Siberian, Amerindian and East Med, Grandpa probably has some of those. Both have high percentage of North Atlantic and Baltic. If mom and grandma both have high North Atlantic/Baltic, how much would grandpa deviate from these percentages?

Probably 2 or 3 points.
Try Eurogenes K36 similarities tool with Mom and Grandma. Get some General idea of Granpa place of origin on map.
Follow the Instructions:
http://gen3553.pagesperso-orange.fr/ADN/similitude.htm

Not exact science, but why not try.
1432189ac551ae4b1cde1cc1f191a1d7.jpg

This is mine, and is very close.

d2c3dee0bcd4cfd763a2d9dc8ad24627.jpg

An error has occurred Boeck! You must have 10 posts in order to post links. Your current post count is 3.

Maybe try using Lazarus on GEDmatch (you have to buy a monthly subscription first).

Maybe try using Lazarus on GEDmatch (you have to buy a monthly subscription first).

Tomenable is correct. With the mother and 4 children, it should work quite well. It costs $10 for a month of access. You can also run other reports with that access. Worth it, in my opinion.

Is the "lazarus" kit at GEDMATCH supposed to be a theoretical replicated genome of an individual taking into account the genome and admixture of close relatives to that individual?
For example, in my case, GEDMATCH can estimate my grandfather's admixture based on 4 children and mother?

This thread has been viewed 8054 times.

Back