The Walking Dead

I've been watching this series since the beginning. I won't spoil anything, since tonight was the mid-season finale. But all I have to say is wow!

Anyone else like this show?

Absolutely love it. I've watched every episode, even if not precisely on the date that it aired.

I echo the WOW! It doesn't normally make me cry, but I cried at the ending last night. What a tragedy.

The last few seasons were a bit mediocre, but this one was up to the standard of the early seasons, imo.

I want to take Eugene and pull every hair out of his selfish, cowardly mullet. Of course, I suppose everyone, including me, thinks they'll be a Rick...well, maybe not Rick, but not Eugene. The reality might be different. :(

As for Lucille, I know exactly where I'd like to plant her. I can't remember when I've hated a character more.

Absolutely love it. I've watched every episode, even if not precisely on the date that it aired.
I echo the WOW! It doesn't normally make me cry, but I cried at the ending last night. What a tragedy.
The last few seasons were a bit mediocre, but this one was up to the standard of the early seasons, imo.
I want to take Eugene and pull every hair out of his selfish, cowardly mullet. Of course, I suppose everyone, including me, thinks they'll be a Rick...well, maybe not Rick, but not Eugene. The reality might be different. :(
As for Lucille, I know exactly where I'd like to plant her. I can't remember when I've hated a character more.

It was certainly a shocker, everyone I was watching it with was equally in a state of disbelief.

I agree that some seasons were mediocre, with some episodes being real sleepers.

Fear the Walking dead is a good spin-off, but I completely missed the second-half of the last season. But I will probably watch it prior to it's return. Where I left it off was really good.

As for Eugene, he's truly a spineless coward. I would never trust anyone like that again.

Things would definitely be brutal in a world like that, probably similar to destabilized failed states; but worse due to the zombies.

I think the only faction more contemptible than the Saviors was probably the Claimed Gang. But Rick did away with them quite nicely.

My only complaint about the show is that it's gotten a little too "politically correct".

If I could pick whom I'd like to think I'd be like, it's Maggie. Carol is just too, I don't know, cold maybe?

I have most of the walking dead comics!

Would love to get it all on my phone so I can read from my phone screen.

My only complaint about the show is that it's gotten a little too "politically correct".
If I could pick whom I'd like to think I'd be like, it's Maggie. Carol is just too, I don't know, cold maybe?

I agree, a lot of other shows seem like that as well. Fear the Walking Dead, even more so.

I'm not sure who I would be like, ideally I guess like Daryl or Rick. But if I was Daryl, I would have gone for Beth. I don't know what the heck he's thinking. It's not like he's got a lot of options in that world.

Abraham seemed like he had a good attitude. I think I would be a bit like him. Well, except when he became a little off towards the end; but who wouldn't go a little mad living that life. But I think he went out bravely.

I agree, a lot of other shows seem like that as well. Fear the Walking Dead, even more so.

I'm not sure who I would be like, ideally I guess like Daryl or Rick. But if I was Daryl, I would have gone for Beth. I don't know what the heck he's thinking. It's not like he's got a lot of options in that world.

Abraham seemed like he had a good attitude. I think I would be a bit like him. Well, except when became a little off towards the end; but who wouldn't go a little mad living that life. But I think he went out bravely.

The only thing I have against Daryl is that I wish he'd cut that hair, or at least wash it! :) I mean "Jesus" seems to be able to keep his beautiful mane of hair lustrous. :) Even in an end of the world scenario I just couldn't! I wonder what his teeth are like if he's happy walking around that way? God, I swear, the lack of opportunities for hygiene would send me up the wall. Well, in any moment of downtime from abject terror and shock, that is...if there are any. Yuck!

Yeah, what was his problem with Beth? Is there anybody else he could be interested in? That's one of the few good things left. Why would he turn it down?

The only thing I have against Daryl is that I wish he'd cut that hair, or at least wash it! :) I mean "Jesus" seems to be able to keep his beautiful mane of hair lustrous. :) Even in an end of the world scenario I just couldn't! I wonder what his teeth are like if he's happy walking around that way? God, I swear, the lack of opportunities for hygiene would send me up the wall. Well, in any moment of downtime from abject terror and shock, that is...if there are any. Yuck!
Yeah, what was his problem with Beth? Is there anybody else he could be interested in? That's one of the few good things left. Why would he turn it down?

Yea, even when they initially got to Alexandria, Daryl had chose to remain dirty. I guess he may have figured it was too good to last, and wanted to remain accustomed to being feral. I guess it's part of Daryl's character's mystique to be a loner. I thought he was originally going to be with Carol, but that fizzled out.

I really liked Jessie, played by Alexandra Breckenridge; she was really beautiful. What a shame she died.

I actually saw the whole cast at a convention. They even had older cast members like Shane.

I kind of felt a bit bad for Shane, but Rick had no choice but to kill him. Also, he was too unstable to be around the group as time went on.

I just realized it's coming back tonight. Should be interesting to see what happens from where it left off.

I like having something to watch on a Sunday night. It makes the fact that the next day is Monday less dreadful. :)

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot. :)

Pretty good episode tonight.

But the new show "The Terror", which was on right after it, is what I was particularly interested in seeing. It's produced by Ridley Scott, and has a lot of good British actors. They premiered the first hour, and tomorrow night it will be on for two hours. I liked the setting, and it had some great visuals; the icy arctic ocean is very ominous. Also, the time period is interesting as well. I think it looks promising.

Pretty good episode tonight.

But the new show "The Terror", which was on right after it, is what I was particularly interested in seeing. It's produced by Ridley Scott, and has a lot of good British actors. They premiered the first hour, and tomorrow night it will be on for two hours. I liked the setting, and it had some great visuals; the icy arctic ocean is very ominous. Also, the time period is interesting as well. I think it looks promising.

I agree on both counts. I was about to stop watching the WD, but last night's episode pulled me back in.

I had a little problem with the accents of the lower class sailors, but other than that I enjoyed it.

I agree on both counts. I was about to stop watching the WD, but last night's episode pulled me back in.

I had a little problem with the accents of the lower class sailors, but other than that I enjoyed it.

I almost did the same, the show has a lot of ups and downs. I feel like the commercial breaks really kill the experience, because they're so long, and so frequent. I thought the latter part of the episode was especially good, because it reminded me of a classic zombie film.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Terror tonight. I did a little research on it, and it was based on a 2007 novel, that was based on a fictionalized account of a real expedition.

Here's an interesting piece of history, the HMS Terror was used in the War of 1812 before being converted into a polar exploration ship. It was at the battle of Baltimore, during the bombardment of Fort McHenry, where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star-spangled banner.

I almost did the same, the show has a lot of ups and downs. I feel like the commercial breaks really kill the experience, because they're so long, and so frequent. I thought the latter part of the episode was especially good, because it reminded me of a classic zombie film.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Terror tonight. I did a little research on it, and it was based on a 2007 novel, that was based on a fictionalized account of a real expedition.

I like Maggie's character a lot, although her accent stinks imo, but I think she let her people down. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that maybe when you have a lot of wounded people there's a chance that someone might die unexpectedly and you'd better put a guard over them. You need to be a bit of a worrier to lead people imo.

Yeah, I'm going to watch the second installment of Terror too if I remember, but one Amerindian appearing and disappearing isn't exactly "terrorizing". :)

I like Maggie's character a lot, although her accent stinks imo, but I think she let her people down. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that maybe when you have a lot of wounded people there's a chance that someone might die unexpectedly and you'd better put a guard over them. You need to be a bit of a worrier to lead people imo.

Yeah, I'm going to watch the second installment of Terror too if I remember, but one Amerindian appearing and disappearing isn't exactly "terrorizing". :)

Yeah, if I was him, I would have been like, "Whose this guy? Don't you see him?". The part with the autopsy was gross.

That part when the guy went underwater to break the ice from the propeller was pretty cool though. I guess he didn't want to reveal anything to the crew, because they would think he was crazy. But personally, I would have said something; I think most people would IRL.

Also, why did that kid open up the pen? He didn't have to do that considering there were very large openings between the wiring.

I need to catch up on last week's episode before the finale tonight. Should be a good one.

SPOILER ALERT, Jovialis, if you haven't seen it yet.

Well, I think this will be it for me with this series. I think Rick made absolutely the wrong decision with Neegan. It's like Chamberlain with Hitler, for goodness' sakes.

As if all of those Saviors are going to become upstanding citizens too.

I think it's going to turn into a very different kind of show.

Good while it lasted, however.

This thread has been viewed 10875 times.

Back