Translation website

timetraveller

Reaction score
Hello lovely people!! :rolleyes:

Due to work reason, I have started to learn Bulgarian, it's not so popular with European people, is it? So instead of buying a big dictionary, I thought I could just use Google translate for my learning. And yes, all I get is frustration because words and sentences are translated in such a funny way, I can't count on it.
Is there anyone here having the same problem? Do you know any other website that may do a better job? Thanks in advance.

You can't learn a language by using google translate. If you want to learn Bulgarian, why don't you approach native Bulgarian speakers and propose a language exchange with them?

Yeah it's probably the most effective way, but most of the time I don't get to see a native Bulgarian so I just learn the language by myself. I use Google Translate because I can translate the whole sentence or paragraph, not word by word as using a dictionary. Hopefully someone here will have a better option than Google Translate? :)

Google Translate is pretty spot-on with its translation, as I think it gets better and updated all the time as users give feedback. Definitely not 100% accurate all the time, but it's still fantastic. As for other options? Maybe Babelfish?

Google Translate is pretty spot-on with its translation, as I think it gets better and updated all the time as users give feedback. Definitely not 100% accurate all the time, but it's still fantastic. As for other options? Maybe Babelfish?

Ah thanks! yeah Google Translate has improved since it first launched, but only for English, for other languages it seems to be left behind.
Never mind, I found the answer already after reading this review: https://www.1and1.com/digitalguide/online-marketing/web-analytics/google-translate-alternatives/
I went with Linguee actually, but Babelfish could also be a good choice! :rolleyes:

This thread has been viewed 4975 times.

Back