New map of J-M241>L283 (J2b2)

Balkanite

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
J2b2-L283
Hello folks, long time no see.

A member of the albanian DNA project has created this map.
He compiled all of the frequencies from nearly a hundred academic papers, covering the whole of Europe.
I think it has turned out pretty nice actually.
4fv0ar.jpg

Great map! The only and the most detailed map regarding haplogroup J-M241>L283 that I have seen. In addition to numerous scientific papers, I think he used data from Geographical DNA Projects as well.

Yes. What i know of he used some geographic projects for some of the sub-regions within the UK.
And theres probably also some other regions lacking academic papers, to which he applied samples from geographic projects instead

Since we can't have access to the data he used, the map is useless.
Of course it's useless to Greeks like you. Perhaps you should first point out what's so "useless" about it, and maybe we can take your useless post more seriously. The academic papers and geographical DNA projects he used are all over the internet. As someone researching this haplogroup, it's by far the best map I have seen, and by no means perfect.

The map is just as useful as any other map.
You dont get the references in maciamos maps either.

I made this map so people can use it as a tool, so they don't have so spend weeks digging through numbers, just to get an idea of how the distribution of J-M241>L283 is.
If people think an area looks wrong, then they can post links with better papers i can use for the region in question.
If the posted papers are newer and have higher sample sizes than those i am able to find myself, then i will update the map accordingly of course.

So i am open to suggestions.

The map is just as useful as any other map.You dont get the references in maciamos maps either. I made this map so people can use it as a tool so they don't have so spend weeks digging through numbers, just to get an vague idea of how the distribution of J-M241>L283 is.If people think an area looks wrong, then they can post links with better papers i can use for the region in question.If the posted papers are newer and have higher sample sizes than those i am able to find myself, then i will update the map accordingly of course.So i am open to suggestions.
You don't know what I have written about Maciamo's maps or Maciamo in general. But once that I asked him he posted them. (Basically he posted a list of relevant studies, stiil I don't think the way his maps are made is scientific or that the maps are accurate)

I want to know the papers you used for Greece at least.

You don't know what I have written about Maciamo's maps or Maciamo in general. But once that I asked him he posted them. (Basically he posted a list of relevant studies, stiil I don't think the way his maps are made is scientific or that the maps are accurate)

If you were into genetics as passionately as you seem to be on dissing other people's work you would already know the available papers that exist for Greece and their percentages. Do some research before you jump the gun.

the map is great. I hope it gets updated. Just there is no point to put the albanian "logo" since it is not only an albanian haplogroup, even though its a very important one in Albania.

the map is great. I hope it gets updated. Just there is no point to put the albanian "logo" since it is not only an albanian haplogroup, even though its a very important one in Albania.

Logo is there because its been made by member of Albanian DNA Project and verified by admin, and also member of Albanian Foleja.net forum.

My short opinion:

When looking at map we can see a Indo-European Bronze Age expansion with a peak at Albanians.

By Yfull Albanian TMRCA is 2200 years which goes into Illyrian period, and also J2b2-L283 had luck with ancient DNA and so far the only proto-Illyrian or Illyrian skeleton tested (1600 BCE Dalmatian coast) belongs to this haplogroup.

Majority of Albanians fall under J2b2>PH1751 with TMRCA 1200 years, where my uncle line also falls in. I am cross of J2b1 and J2b2.

Logo is there because its been made by member of Albanian DNA Project and verified by admin, and also member of Albanian Foleja.net forum.

My short opinion:

When looking at map we can see a Indo-European Bronze Age expansion with a peak at Albanians.
By Yfull Albanian TMRCA is 2200 years which goes into Illyrian period, and also J2b2-L283 had luck with ancient DNA and so far the only proto-Illyrian or Illyrian skeleton tested (1600 BCE Dalmatian coast) belongs to this haplogroup.
Majority of Albanians fall under J2b2>PH1751 with TMRCA 1200 years, where my uncle line also falls in. I am cross of J2b1 and J2b2.

"Albanian TMRCA" for this haplogroup should be at least 4200 ybp, as there is Albanians in various subclades in the J-Z1296 branch ;) https://www.yfull.com/tree/J-Z1296/

Obviously, the whole branch cannot be exclusively "Albanian" today.

Even the J-Y20899 (J-PH2967) TMRCA between Albanians should increase to at least 3000 years since there is an Albanian from Mat region who is proven negative for a SNP at the J-Y20899 level, as I pointed out on Foleja. His BigY is pending, so this will be reflected on YFull soon.

Thank you for newest updates Trojet : )

You are correct about Albanian TMRCA of J2b2-L283, i was looking only at J2b2>Y20899+ which is primary branch, while we indeed have samples in various clades which i neglected that according to Yfull give TMRCA 4200 years as you pointed out.

Well now you can also look at Yfull. It has plenty of results and it gives a very good indication its spread.

The original map image can no longer be seen?

This thread has been viewed 22294 times.

Back