One Family One World Regional DNA Projects

Thank you not Montenegro Serbia? A Serbian told me most of the population of Montenegro are filled with South Serbs.

What are the "South Serbs"? It seems like another dubious concept. However that term was once used for slavic Macedonians after the Serbian Othodox Church bought the jurisdiction over their territory. But that is another case.

What are the "South Serbs"? It seems like another dubious concept. However that term was once used for slavic Macedonians after the Serbian Othodox Church bought the jurisdiction over their territory. But that is another case.
Those who live in the South East of Serbia

That makes sense. They are called Torlakians and speak transitional dialects to Bulgarian. The Montenegrian Serbs speak different dialects and don't seem to be much similar to Torlakians. Except they both belong to Serbian Orhodox Church.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torlakian_dialect
Ok under the impression of you are half Gypsy. What half Gypsy mean? Half Roma or whatever?

This is a 5 year project as it covers many parts of the world. But each regional project will be completed separately. Those in Europe should be finished well before the Asian one, I should think.

Hi

Do you have any idea when the German, French and Iberian projects may be completed by?

Hi

Do you have any idea when the German, French and Iberian projects may be completed by?

No, as it depends on the number of participants. But I don't think it will be in less than a year.

Maciamo,

I already told you via a private message that it would be good if Living DNA launches also regional projects for the Americas, including both North and Latin America.

I already made a map of Proposed genetic regions of the USA:

https://i.imgur.com/ssgTch1.png

ssgTch1.png

Native American regions are in green (they include major Indian Reservations, as well as areas outside of major reservations in which Native Americans are at least over 8% of the total population). Other regions are in yellow, and I just made regions based on state borders (each state = one region), but if someone has an alternative (maybe better?) idea on how to divide Non-Native areas of the USA into regions, then please tell me.

Legend for Native regions:

a - Sioux (Dakota) Nation
b - Navajo Nation
c - Choctaw & Chickasaw
d - Kiowa-Comanche-Apache & Cheyenne-Arapaho
e - Cherokee, Creek, Seminole, Potawatomi, Osage
f - Apachean Tribes
g - Umatilla Nation
h - Hualapai & Havasupai
i - Ute Tribe
j - Northern Arapaho & Eastern Shoshone
k - Mandan, Hidatsa & Arikara
L - Lumbee & Coharie Tribes
m - Confederated Tribes of Colville
n - Eastern Chippewa (Ojibwe) Peoples
o - Yakama Nation
p - Puebloan Tribes
R - Passamaquoddy, Penobscot, Maliseet & Micmac
s - Potawatomi Tribe
t - Tohono Oodham Nation
T - Assiniboine, Atsina, Nakota, Cree & Western Ojibwe
u - Crow Nation
v - Paiute-Shoshone
w - Northern California Indians
x - Menominee Tribe
y - Cheyenne Nation
z - Hopi Tribe
& - Salishan Tribes
# - Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs
$ - Tribes of the Flathead Reservation
@ - Turtle Mountain Chippewa & Spirit Lake Tribe
0 - Iroquois Confederacy
1 - Inyo County Indians
2 - Yuma, Chemehuevi & Mohave
3 - Blackfeet Nation
4 - Northern Alabama Cherokee
5 - Eastern Cherokee
6 - Muscogee-Creek
7 - Mississippi Choctaw
8 - Caddo, Louisiana Choctaw & Cherokee
9 - South Alabama Choctaw & Creek
10 - Nez Perce People
11 - Skitswish Tribe
12 - Duck Valley Shoshone-Paiute
13 - Fort Hall Bannock-Shoshone
14 - Goshute Nation
15 - Kickapoo, Sac-Fox, Ponca & Prairie Potawatomi
16 - Meskwaki & Iowa Sac-Fox
17 - Saginaw Chippewa & Huron
18 - Haliwa-Saponi, Sappony & Meherrin
19 - United Houma Nation
20 - Quinault Indian Nation

Last edited:
The map doesn't include Alaska and Hawaii. I'm not sure if Alaska should be divided into several regions (maybe Native and Non-Native like in other states), or just made as one region.

My main sources that I used when making that map:

ftkB1ha.jpg

aMBFwme.png

exHkdMj.jpg

AIAN_US_2010.jpg

tribes2all.png

uFFON4j.png

Now when it comes to Alaska:

As we can see in the maps posted above, all counties of Alaska (except only one) have over 8% of Native population. So maybe it could be just one region. But there are several tribal groups there:

anlmap-rs.png

anlmap2_large.gif

fd600ad43d09cf107678e1ba20796d1f--tribal-group-heritage-center.jpg

But maybe Alaska should be in one project together with Canada, and mainland USA in another project?

So in total there will be 100 regions in Mainland USA project (49 states + 51 Native areas).

And Alaska will be together with Canada in another project.

This thread has been viewed 18024 times.

Back