One Family One World Regional DNA Projects

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I announced two months ago the launch of the One Family One World Project, a partnership between Eupedia and Living DNA. I have been very busy lately, but finally found time to present the project on Eupedia. My contribution to the project was to delimit the boundaries of the proposed genetic regions and make the maps. Living DNA reworked the maps to fit their existing site design, but those on Eupedia are the original ones I designed. You will find it all here:

[h=1]One Family One World DNA Project[/h]

Looks great! What about the continents of Africa and Australia and Oceania?

Looks great! What about the continents of Africa and Australia and Oceania?

I only worked on Europe and Asia. Living DNA is working with someone else for West Africa, but not for other parts of Africa, nor Oceania at the moment. Anyway Polynesians are very genetically homogeneous as the Polynesian expansion took place in the last 1000 years.

Maciamo great job, I will definitely participate, I really like that you included Cosenza with Basilicata.

Nice Maciamo, any idea about when this project will be completed? Living dna isnt really the most timely when it comes to deadlines.

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

You really nice made Poland regions!

Nice Maciamo, any idea about when this project will be completed? Living dna isnt really the most timely when it comes to deadlines.

Sent from my KIW-L21 using Tapatalk

This is a 5 year project as it covers many parts of the world. But each regional project will be completed separately. Those in Europe should be finished well before the Asian one, I should think.

Nice project. Looking forward.

If it helps, I’d suggest shifting Central Albania slightly South to give a few more stripes of land to North and take from South. It would still not be geographically accurate but genetically it would be a logical split.

I’d suggest the same for Epirus, which I believe should it should include Acarnania and a part of Aetolia, as well as the Westernmost part of Greek Macedonia adjacent to the border of Albania, and perhaps call it Northwestern Greece. It would make more sense in my opinion but Greek members can help if they have more knowledge in the matter.

Nice project. Looking forward.

If it helps, I’d suggest shifting Central Albania slightly South to give a few more stripes of land to North and take from South. It would still not be geographically accurate but genetically it would be a logical split.

I’d suggest the same for Epirus, which I believe should it should include Acarnania and a part of Aetolia, as well as the Westernmost part of Greek Macedonia adjacent to the border of Albania, and perhaps call it Northwestern Greece. It would make more sense in my opinion but Greek members can help if they have more knowledge in the matter.

The maps are preliminary and will be adjusted based on the actual genetic differences observed among participants. The boundaries will be redefined if necessary, and it is also possible that some regions will be merged or split if the data from the project requires it.

It will be interesting to see the % of Jomon admixture in various Japanese regions.

Distinct genetic differences may be observed between neighbor regions but also between two or more ethnic or ethnographic groups in the same region or country. Data about ethnic background on paternal and maternal lines of tested persons should be collected as well.
For example using scientific studies and public projects on FTdna we can suppose that in Macedonia results for Slavs, Aromanians, and Albanians will be different.

The maps are preliminary and will be adjusted based on the actual genetic differences observed among participants. The boundaries will be redefined if necessary, and it is also possible that some regions will be merged or split if the data from the project requires it.
I was trying to reduce the "error" with my suggestions but if the borders will be redefined then it will be simply perfect.

I know you were asked earlier but can we expect Europe to be finished by 2018?

Distinct genetic differences may be observed between neighbor regions but also between two or more ethnic or ethnographic groups in the same region or country. Data about ethnic background on paternal and maternal lines of tested persons should be collected as well.
For example using scientific studies and public projects on FTdna we can suppose that in Macedonia results for Slavs, Aromanians, and Albanians will be different.
True, but I wouldn't be so sure about Aromanians. They have plenty of R1a and I2a too, as the Albanians we already know that their lack of I2a and limited Slavic R1a separates them from the Macedonians.

True, but I wouldn't be so sure about Aromanians. They have plenty of R1a and I2a too, as the Albanians we already know that their lack of I2a and limited Slavic R1a separates them from the Macedonians.

In study of Aromanians samples were taken in 5 places (1 Romania, 2 Macedonia, 2 Albania). In total 207 Aromanians were tested and summary statistics for paternal lines is different than in neighbor's populations:

C1 V20 2 0,97%
E-V13 31 14,98%
E-M81 1 0,48%
E-V22 2 0,97%
G2a 3 1,45%
I1 7 3,38%
I2c L596 4 1,93%
i2M223 3 1,45%
I2a Din 33 15,94%
J1 L860 1 0,48%
J2a 19 9,18%
J2bM205 1 0,48%
J2bM241 31 14,98%
R1a 21 10,14%
R1b 44 21,26%
T 2 0,97%
N1c 2 0,97%

Founder effects are present in all haplogroups and places, so I am not sure whether this frequencies match reality. In future studies I hope they will take samples from many Aromanian villages around Balkans, especially in regions of Macedonia and Epirus.

I announced two months ago the launch of the One Family One World Project, a partnership between Eupedia and Living DNA. I have been very busy lately, but finally found time to present the project on Eupedia. My contribution to the project was to delimit the boundaries of the proposed genetic regions and make the maps. Living DNA reworked the maps to fit their existing site design, but those on Eupedia are the original ones I designed. You will find it all here:

One Family One World DNA Project
Btw thanks for doing that thread about the Red Sea admixture in South East Europe every ti me someone asks me what a Red Sea mix means I quote your first comment. I think you literally hit the nail on the head, there so thanks for that. https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/29103-New-map-of-Red-Sea-(Horn-of-Africa)-admixture

I think the highest E3b is in Montenegrin Serbia and some parts of Albanian Arvantine genetics Macedonia might plot 50 50 on that, I am not sure.

I think the highest E3b is in Montenegrin Serbia and some parts of Albanian Arvantine genetics Macedonia might plot 50 50 on that, I am not sure.

What is "Montenegrin Serbia" ?

That is about people from Montenegro who declared themslves as Serbs, not about "Montenegrin Serbia". I've never heard about that term.
Thank you not Montenegro Serbia? A Serbian told me most of the population of Montenegro are filled with South Serbs.

This thread has been viewed 18026 times.

Back