Ancestry dna Eurogenes K13 match

Illyrians are not latins at all. They where mostly at the Balkans most of the time

Illyrians are not latins at all. They where mostly at the Balkans most of the time

Well wasn't sure why I plotted with South Italy like Abruzzo if Illyrians were just Thracian but as the links say above there are past settlements in various areas of South Italy. I was confused that if they are physically mixed with Italians and not just Balkan ethnic groups but thanks anyway.

As per Roman historians Strabo and Livy and modern historian Gimbatus, Illyrians first appeared in the Eastern Alps circa 1600BC nearly 1000 years before entering the balkans . They are not Latin neither do they have any Balkan language.....my guess would be an early central danubian language which got Celtinized and Venticized over time

n prehistoric times Abruzzo was inhabited by Italic tribes who belonged to the group of Adriatic Sabelli (Peligny, Vestini, Marsi, Marrucini, Frentani, Pretuzi, Sanniti and others), as well as Illyrian (Greek) tribes who established colonies on the Adriatic coast. According to an ancient legend, after the Trojan War (12th century ...

http://www.santatiana.ru/history_eng.html

There is a reason why Abruzzo and Molise are connected with each other I think.

Anyway is it more Latin/Illyrian or Greek/Gothic that's what I want to know I somewhat know the history anyway.

No ones knows where the Sabelli originate from...........there is doubt that they are even indigenous to Italy

No ones knows where the Sabelli originate from...........there is doubt that they are even indigenous to Italy
It's the point of me making up the thread alright but obviously down South in certain areas there is a possibility of Italians being Illyrian then.

So maybe I should ask what's the percentage of it down south are they generally Alpine Med like me etc

The one true way to find out how Illyrian certain South Italians are is to compare them against ancient Illyrian samples.

The one true way to find out how Illyrian certain South Italians are is to compare them against ancient Illyrian samples.

Sorry is there a website where I can find such plots like PCA or whatever?

25630738_1931314090521755_921458835_n.jpg

Did you connect your profile to that of a male relative? Like a father or brother?

What DNA service is that?

Did you connect your profile to that of a male relative? Like a father or brother?

What DNA service is that?

Sorry that was a haplogroup test I did with Britain's dna.com it's a company that offers haplogroup tests for your genetic make up. I s24 was my Father's haplogroup according to them but that makes sense seeing as he is English

My Mum's was H a general European haplogroup but it's highest in the Balkans and South Eastern Europe according to them too

Modern “Partially Illyrians” comparison, Me.

f341848584e0981274573db5dce0fe58.jpg

4edcbc941468c886f72fd2f7b4e410bc.jpg

Modern “Partially Illyrians” comparison, Me.

f341848584e0981274573db5dce0fe58.jpg

But where are you from in Italy? So it is just West Balkan then, just genetically South East European. I wonder how they got to South Italy then, I knew that parts of it like Calabria have a ancient Greek and I have even heard of Viking settlements in South Italy but not Illyrians...

But where are you from in Italy? So it is just West Balkan then, just genetically South East European. I wonder how they got to South Italy then, I knew that parts of it like Calabria have a ancient Greek and I have even heard of Viking settlements in South Italy but not Illyrians...

I’m from South Puglia.
Illyrians came to Italy before the Greeks, same says 3.500 years ago.
As Reference:

9f7a6d49792dd7977409c8956a6d1e33.jpg

I’m from South Puglia.
Illyrians came to Italy before the Greeks, same says 3.500 years ago.
As Reference:

9f7a6d49792dd7977409c8956a6d1e33.jpg
Thank you! I can't give you any more rep today but because I have repped so many others on this thread so when my reps come back I can rep you again lol

Thank you! I have heard that the Illyrians were mixed with Gothic and Greek tribes is that correct?

Nobody knows for sure.

a42864b08e88709f53d1c16f4da6bf22.jpg

I don't think anyone from the Balkans could be Nordic lol even the blonde ones
Maybe it was misspelled and should be Noric not nordic .............Austria is Noricum
When the Celts had superseded the Illyrians, Noricum was the southern outpost of the northern Celtic peoples, and during the later period of the Iron Age, the starting point of their attacks upon Italy.[citation needed] In Noricum, almost all those Celtic invaders are mentioned. Archaeological research, particularly in the cemeteries of Hallstatt, has shown that a vigorous civilization was in the area centuries before recorded history, but the Hallstatt civilization was a cultural manifestation prior to the Celtic invasions and close to the earlier Illyrians. The Hallstatt graves contained weapons and ornaments from the Bronze age, through the period of transition, up to the "Hallstatt culture", i.e., the fully developed older period of the Iron age.[citation needed] William Ridgeway made a strong case for the theory that the cradle of the Homeric Achaeans was in Noricum and neighbouring areas.[7][8][contradictory]
Illyrians were created in Pannonia, Noricum and Dalmatia.

Language
The Noric language, a continental Celtic language, is attested in only fragmentary inscriptions, one from Ptuj[9][10] and two from Grafenstein,[11][12] neither of which provide enough information for any conclusions about the nature of the language.[9][11]

This thread has been viewed 26803 times.

Back