Ancestry dna Eurogenes K13 match

Maybe it was misspelled and should be Noric not nordic .............Austria is Noricum
When the Celts had superseded the Illyrians, Noricum was the southern outpost of the northern Celtic peoples, and during the later period of the Iron Age, the starting point of their attacks upon Italy.[citation needed] In Noricum, almost all those Celtic invaders are mentioned. Archaeological research, particularly in the cemeteries of Hallstatt, has shown that a vigorous civilization was in the area centuries before recorded history, but the Hallstatt civilization was a cultural manifestation prior to the Celtic invasions and close to the earlier Illyrians. The Hallstatt graves contained weapons and ornaments from the Bronze age, through the period of transition, up to the "Hallstatt culture", i.e., the fully developed older period of the Iron age.[citation needed] William Ridgeway made a strong case for the theory that the cradle of the Homeric Achaeans was in Noricum and neighbouring areas.[7][8][contradictory]
Illyrians were created in Pannonia, Noricum and Dalmatia.

Language
The Noric language, a continental Celtic language, is attested in only fragmentary inscriptions, one from Ptuj[9][10] and two from Grafenstein,[11][12] neither of which provide enough information for any conclusions about the nature of the language.[9][11]
It was misspelled I mean a racial classification like people from the Balkans cannot be 100 percent Northern European in genetics, although even North Europeans are mixed with Celts etc especially the English and Dutch

It was misspelled I mean a racial classification like people from the Balkans cannot be 100 percent Northern European in genetics, although even North Europeans are mixed with Celts etc especially the English and Dutch

If ancient and modern historians state the indigenous people of Austria in the bronze-age where illyrians then that is the race and not the invading celts.

If ancient and modern historians state the indigenous people of Austria in the bronze-age where illyrians then that is the race and not the invading celts.
So I guess that explains the Alpine part of the ancestry/Phenotype.

That a half English half Balkan person would come out with Abruzzo as first choice is extremely unlikely, even at that kind of genetic distance.

A half Turkish or other Near Eastern person might conceivably land there, perhaps.

No Illyrian samples have yet been analyzed so there's no way to compare against them.

I don't know why you're focusing on them anyway. The Abruzzi have the typical genetics of southern Italians, there's nothing particularly Illyrian about them.

That a half English half Balkan person would come out with Abruzzo as first choice is extremely unlikely, even at that kind of genetic distance.

A half Turkish or other Near Eastern person might conceivably land there, perhaps.

No Illyrian samples have yet been analyzed so there's no way to compare against them.

I don't know why you're focusing on them anyway. The Abruzzi have the typical genetics of southern Italians, there's nothing particularly Illyrian about them.
No focus on them, and regardless Abruzzo is South Italy with Balkan genetics in general not South Italian. Turks do not come from the Balkans apart from Western Anatolians. Macedonians, South Serbians Montenegrin , Croatian Danube, and Albanian Arvanites/Tosks do though.

And Salanto printed out the map where Illyrians have landed in Italy, you clearly do not know enough about a country you claim to be from, end of conversation.

Thread closed. Unsubscribed.

And Salanto printed out the map where Illyrians have landed in Italy, you clearly do not know enough about a country you claim to be from, end of conversation.
Thread closed. Unsubscribed.

Clearly, you have no idea where Abruzzo is located on the map.

z4VVKSf.png

XH3OkTo.png

Also, it's only a theory, there's no ancient DNA samples for Illyrians. Even if they did land in those areas in the lower Adriatic coast, you honestly think that would be enough to change the demographics of the people that already were living in the Abruzzo region? As for the Iapygians their origins are unknown. Moreover, genetic similarities between some of the people in the Balkans, and south Italy could have come as early as the late Neolithic.

2X4pnLp.png

Last edited:
Clearly, you have no idea where Abruzzo is located on the map.

z4VVKSf.png

XH3OkTo.png

Also, it's only a theory, there's no ancient DNA samples for Illyrians. Even if they did land in those areas, you honestly think that would be enough to change the demographics of the people that already were living in the Abruzzo region?

2X4pnLp.png
Ok whatever it was apart of a Illyrian kingdom. No I don't I have listed the ethnic groups that South Italy is related to in the Balkans. I don't think South Italy is just simply Greco, Greek or South European. I know for a fact that people from the West Balkans have settled there like Arvantine Albanians and Croatians in Campomario as well and are similar to the Danube types in Croatia.

The Illyrians are mostly in Dinaric types. I asked a simple question is Abruzzo more to do with South Italians Greco types or people from South East Europe Balkan types excluding Dinarics. I think it's a bit of both to be honest. Yes, for the other stuff it is late neolithic.

I have no obsession with Illyrians Albanians do.

Ok whatever it was apart of a Illyrian kingdom. No I don't I have listed the ethnic groups that South Italy is related to in the Balkans. I don't think South Italy is just simply Greco, Greek or South European. I know for a fact that people from the West Balkans have settled there like Arvantine Albanians and Croatians in Campomario as well and are similar to the Danube types in Croatia.

The Illyrians are mostly in Dinaric types. I asked a simple question is Abruzzo more to do with South Italians Greco types or people from South East Europe Balkan types excluding Dinarics. I think it's a bit of both to be honest. Yes, for the other stuff it is late neolithic.

I have no obsession with Illyrians Albanians do.

Of course Southern Italy is not just Greek, there were Italic people there too. Southern Italians are more ITALIAN than they are Greek.

No focus on them, and regardless Abruzzo is South Italy with Balkan genetics in general not South Italian. Turks do not come from the Balkans apart from Western Anatolians. Macedonians, South Serbians Montenegrin , Croatian Danube, and Albanian Arvanites/Tosks do though.

That comment makes absolutely no sense...the Abruzzi is a Southern Italian region in genetics, dialect, culture, you name it.

It's no more or less Balkan than any other southern Italian region.

If you continue to post such nonsense, meaningless posts I'm going to have to start deleting them. It gives a very bad impression of the caliber of discussion here.

That comment makes absolutely no sense...the Abruzzi is a Southern Italian region in genetics, dialect, culture, you name it.

It's no more or less Balkan than any other southern Italian region.

If you continue to post such nonsense, meaningless posts I'm going to have to start deleting them. It gives a very bad impression of the caliber of discussion here.
South Italy is it is apart of Eastern Mediterranean anyway that is including in the Balkans the Balkans in South Eastern Europe.

There are British people with Viking ancestry, does that make them Scandinavian or the regions where the vikings invaded part of Sweden?

Of course Southern Italy is not just Greek, there were Italic people there too. Southern Italians are more ITALIAN than they are Greek.
Even if that is the case I have no problem with it. I was just curious to know the history of the people in culture. It was a generalised question and I am sorry if it seemed defensive on my part.

There are British people with Viking ancestry, does that make them Scandinavian or the regions where the vikings invaded part of Sweden?
No it makes them British people with Viking genetics they are culturally British just like South English who are genetically related to North Germans who are culturally British not culturally North German.

So I guess everywhere has different immigration of peoples.

No it makes them British people with Viking genetics they are culturally British just like South English who are genetically related to North Germans who are culturally British not culturally North German.

So I guess everywhere has different immigration of peoples.

Then if supposedly Abruzzo people do have Illyrian blood, why can't they be Italian?

Just stop....Some parts of England have SOME ancestry from Vikings, which is probably not all that different from the DANISH ancestry that some of them have. They're not TOTALLY "VIKING" even in the Hebrides or Iceland. For goodness' sakes, every area in Europe has layers of migration, each new group of migrants mingling with the people who were there before.

This has already been studied and discussed for probably every "ethnic" group in Europe. Use the search engine to educate yourself about modern population genetics before you post, or your stay here will be short.

Just stop....Some parts of England have SOME ancestry from Vikings, which is probably not all that different from the DANISH ancestry that some of them have. They're not TOTALLY "VIKING" even in Hebrides. For goodness' sakes, every area in Europe has layers of migration, each new area mingling with the people who were there before.

This has already been studied and discussed. Use the search engine to educate yourself about modern population genetics before you post, or your stay here will be short.
In North England they have a Viking/Celtic mix

https://thewildpeak.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/the-first-scandinavian-settlers-in-north-west-england/

Angela, I am sorry if we have started off on the wrong foot I don't take an interest in arguing with people online. I will round up this thread now you can just delete it.

T291816_86410D.gif

Population
North_Atlantic7.82
Baltic4.49
West_Med15.09
West_Asian27.37
East_Med28.52
Red_Sea4.27
South_Asian4.39
East_Asian3.91
Siberian2.35
Amerindian0.75
Oceanian0.43
Northeast_African-
Sub-Saharan0.6

Population
North_Atlantic34.89
Baltic17.17
West_Med23.53
West_Asian5.94
East_Med14.70
Red_Sea2.60
South_Asian-
East_Asian-
Siberian0.58
Amerindian0.25
Oceanian0.34
Northeast_African-
Sub-Saharan-

Another useless calculator where only if you already know who you are in terms of ethnicity can you make any sense of it.

This thread has been viewed 26818 times.

Back