Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Y-DNA haplogroup
J1-ZS241
mtDNA haplogroup
H6a1b3
I have J1a2a1a2 (J1-P58)
Originary i come from campania region, province of salerno in south . Can you tell me to wich ancient people belong this haplogroup and who brought this genetic to south italy I would like to mention that I have done an autosomal test at myheritage, the result said that I would be mostly Greek 42,4%, followed by Italian 29,4%, Sardinian 10,2%, West-Asian 8,3%, Middle-Eastern 5,8%, North African 2,0% , Iberian 1,9%.
Thank you in advance for your answers

For some reason I can't see anything in your post and no indication of you editing it. Must be a glitch.

Does MyHeritage assigns South Italians with mostly Greek ancestry?
I’ve seen a pattern of puzzling results.

No doubt there's Greek ancestry from long ago. But if you know your lineage is from Campania , that's where you're from; you're a southern Italian. I wouldn't take those reference populations seriously. I don't know about your myheritage autosomal results, you should try 23andme instead; it's a superior quality test. Greeks from the Peloponnese, Southern Italians, and Sicilians all cluster pretty close to one another, so that Greek component could be shared ancestry from a long time ago; ancient and/or neolithic. It's just the way the algorithm is reading it. Your haplogroup could have come from neolithic migrations.

Franci-s91, J1-P58 is an old subclade dating to around 6700 BC, you should pursue to do an snp test to see which branch of J1-P58 you belong, I know myheritage doesn't test Y DNA, so which company gave you J1-P58? To answer your question which ancient civilization carried your Y line you need to test further. Generally speaking J1-P58 is associated with Semitic speakers but not exculsively.

Hope this helps

How many times are you people going to try the same con?

Been there, done that...move along.

i also load the raw data from my Myheritage autosomal test to myfamilytree dna and the result are
Southeast europe 57%
Iberia 15%
Jewish diaspora 18% sephardim
Middle eastern 11% asia minor

i also load the raw data from my Myheritage autosomal test to myfamilytree dna and the result are
Southeast europe 57%
Iberia 15%
Jewish diaspora 18% sephardim
Middle eastern 11% asia minor

Great. Post a screen shot.

That's what I thought. :)

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 11554 times.

Back