Weekly Fish Consumption Linked to Better Sleep and Higher IQ

Consuming fish in my case leads to hyperactivity, impulsiveness, lack of focus, and a higher tendency to take risks.

I basically become a fish.

in my area
if we have sleep problems
we drink a short glass of warm wine
or 25 ml tsipoyro (15-18 grades water has 11-12)
for youngers and kids we use tea, but not any kind of tea
chamomile and siderites (mountain tea) are quite good in half % of an adult

well if problem continues and is more than 3 times per week
we ask doctors

goverment gave code oil at 1950-60's
but nobody likes it
|I like fish and I am an amateur fisherman or occasional if you like
but in mountain people fish is about 1 max 2 per week
except salted sardines and smoked mackerels
they are fantastic with tsipoyro

but we eat a lot of nuts, hazelnuts, wholenuts etc with yogurt
that the secret of elders who reach above 80's
nuts yogurt and honey
meat 2 times a week
fish 1-2 times per week
and 2 times per week foods like beans
and strangely enough sugar
although modern scientists say it is toxic
but sugar never with fat,
only in composta, tea, sirop candies.

my father and all my uncles and aunts still aliveconsume about 3 kilos white sugar per month each
and all are over 80.
except my mom who has diabetes

Isn't it dangerous not to get enough REM sleep? I thought you needed it psychologically.

Cod liver oil is absolutely gross. I can't even handle the pills because they repeat on me. I'd much rather eat the fish. If you don't have access to fresh fish, you can buy salted cod, salted sardines, canned or jarred tuna etc., and easily eat it four or five times a week. I have tuna alone probably twice a week in a salad for lunch.

ePoeqBFVLpYF8%252FveWTFlbkxgw5B5jIp778gO9yPuQrFsXCSezOuAjTq984BlvIjW

insalata-tonno.jpg

recipe-image-legacy-id--1558_10.jpg

Read it yesterday! I was excited, and looking around to buy a good fish.
Fish is very cheap in Pakistan than in the US. Still remember, I used to buy 4 White Pomfret for just $10. Here, ... don't ask me!

Isn't it dangerous not to get enough REM sleep? I thought you needed it psychologically.
Cod liver oil is absolutely gross. I can't even handle the pills because they repeat on me. I'd much rather eat the fish. If you don't have access to fresh fish, you can buy salted cod, salted sardines, canned or jarred tuna etc., and easily eat it four or five times a week. I have tuna alone probably twice a week in a salad for lunch.

insalata-tonno.jpg

Indeed, REM is essential for the brain. I think that this could be one of the more harmful effects of marijuana imo
https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/sleep/conditioninfo/Pages/rem-sleep.aspx
REM sleep stimulates regions of the brain that are used for learning. Studies have shown that when people are deprived of REM sleep, they are not able to remember what they were taught before going to sleep.3 Lack of REM sleep has also been linked to certain health conditions, including migraines.2
The reason for dreaming during REM sleep is not understood. While some of the signals sent to the cortex during sleep are important for learning and memory, some signals seem to be random. It is these random signals that may form the basis for a "story" that the brain's cortex tries to interpret or find meaning in, resulting in dreaming.3

Here's a plate of salmon my father made. It's probably my favorite way to eat it.

ZbxGBlt.jpg

I read somewhere that until today, there is no single proof that our body can absorb external omega 3. Eating fish is surely better for a good sleep cause it's easier to digest.

insalata-tonno.jpg

I need to eat healthy. I eat Chinese food 5 times per week.

Yes, you would not dream often, because the REM sleep is reduced. If you withdraw from it, you would get a resurgence of very vivid dreams. Because REM would kick back into overdrive.

Yea, I experienced that when I quit for a bit. dreams were almost prophetic lol.

I read somewhere that until today, there is no single proof that our body can absorb external omega 3. Eating fish is surely better for a good sleep cause it's easier to digest.

Well, I can't speak for others, but if by external you mean supplements, I can personally say Ultimate Omega(by nordic naturals) helped me long term when I used to take it. I noticed a big difference over time since stopping. Just too expensive to keep buying the bottle lol.

Coffee/Red Bull > anything else consumable in terms of boosting intellectual capacity :).

Well as for Red Bull, i sometimes find myself wanting to sprint as fast as possible as opposed to solving a tough problem as i drink it lol

Im like AdeoF in terms of caffeine break down, I swear sometimes I would need to intravenously inject caffeinated beverages into my bloodstream to get any effect whatsoever lol.

While it is true that many Japanese eat a lot of fish, this can't be said for all Japanese. Even though I traveled there a few times, I am certainly not an expert on this subject.
The population of Japan that is often the subject of all longevity studies eats very little fish or meat. I am talking about Okinawa Islands (Japan) people. There subject to several studies and famous Blue Zone Happiness book. I read the book but I am not promoting it here and there other sources for this information on the web. Nevertheless, Okinawa people are one of the blue zones.
https://bluezones.com/exploration/okinawa-japan/
Hope you find this useful.
I eat a lot of fish for many years but it did not get me any smarter or sleep better. Your mileage may vary (your experience may be different). Like DaveF, I like pizza. Just trying to eat less and increase vegetables in my diet.

There is nothing unhealthy about pizza per se, certainly not Italian pizza. Pizza in foreign pizzerias swimming in grease, and covered with various fatty meats is not healthy. Most importantly, it is over-eating which is the bane of populations in the developed world. Portion sizes are obscenely large, and once people become accustomed to that, it takes huge portions to "fill" them. There's a reason for the explosion of obesity and related diseases.

napoli-pizza.jpg

image.png

A nice alternative is a "pizza" with anchovies, so you get in your omega.

Focaccia with onions, anchovies and olives:
focaccia-cipolla.jpg

Btw, soups are a great way to increase your vegetable and fiber intake. Some include four or more vegetables.

IMG_1439.jpg

With mustard....

This thread has been viewed 15578 times.

Back