500,000 yo homo erectus site found in Israel

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
See:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...aradise-discovered-in-israel?CMP=share_btn_tw

"[FONT=&quot]Israeli archaeologists have uncovered next to one of the country’s busiest roads the site of an extraordinarily well preserved prehistoric “paradise” used by stone age hunter-gatherers over half a million years ago, who left behind evidence of hundreds of knapped flint hand-axes.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The discovery at about a five-metre depth at Jaljulia, near the town of Kfar Saba, suggests that an extinct species of early human - homo erectus – may have returned to the site repeatedly, perhaps attracted by a water source and abundant game, leaving behind evidence of their primitive stone tools.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Archaeologists believe the site, north-east of Tel Aviv, was regarded as a sort of “paradise” for prehistoric hunter-gatherers – with a stream, vegetation and an abundance of animals encouraging them to return."

"The most striking find was evidence of a well-developed lithic industry – referring to elaborately worked stone tools – including hundreds of flint hand-axes typical of the ancient Acheulian culture that existed in the Lower Paleolithic era from about 1.5 million to 200,000 years ago.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Acheulian axe-making culture – associated with homo erectus and early homo sapiens – is characterised by distinctive oval and pear-shaped flint hand tools used by early humans.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The dating of finds of Acheulian hand-axes – which scientists now believe were used for a variety of purposes from butchering to digging – has been used to trace the early human migration out of Africa into Asia and Europe. "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

maybe it was not homo erectus but the OoA ancestral to both Neanderthal and Denisovan who would have split some 450 ka, and whose TMRCA with modern humans would be some 600 ka

because of the climate and the fauna and flora, the southern Levant was indeed paradise, hence so many old fossils found over there

maybe it was not homo erectus but the OoA ancestral to both Neanderthal and Denisovan who would have split some 450 ka, and whose TMRCA with modern humans would be some 600 ka

because of the climate and the fauna and flora, the southern Levant was indeed paradise, hence so many old fossils found over there

I wondered why they settled on Homo Erectus when no skeletal material was found. So many ancient people traversed that landscape.

Yes, it was paradise. I think I posted this video by John Hawks once before; he shows how thousands of years later it made sense that hunter-gatherers from there increased in population and then took the first steps toward domestication of the plants they harvested.

Acheulian axe-making culture[FONT=&quot] – associated with homo erectus and early homo sapiens – is characterised by distinctive oval and pear-shaped flint hand tools used by early humans.

Probably that and the age of half a million years, if it was 150k younger they would have said neanderthal.
I dont believe theres very many neandertal sites in that neck of the woods either maybe 2 or 3 in the whole near east.

[/FONT]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal#/media/File:Carte_Neandertaliens.jpg[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

of course it cannot be Neanderthal, it is older than the Neanderthal-Denisovan split
the Sima de Los Huesos population 400 ka is ancestral to Neanderthal
Neanderthals appeared only 2-300 ka
their morphology is different from Sima de Los Huesos
they must be the result of a bottleneck in the Sima de Los Huesos population
the bottleneck selected the Neanderthal morphology

2 million doller questions.
Was there only 1 single evolving hominid species or not ?
What on earth wiped them from the earth If they did not just evolve into us ?

not million dollar, the answers are simple
1/ there were many hominid species that went extinct, of many some of their autosomal is still lingering in todays populations
further DNA investigations will uncover some of these lines
2/ modern humans couldn't wipe out Neanderthals till 50 ka
only when they started to make blade tools they could outcompete Neanderthal, Denisovans and all other archaïc species
they even wiped out other branches of modern humans that didn't adapt blade toolmaking (like e.g. the Basal Eurasians)
blade tools spread all over Eurasia between 50 and 40 ka, except maybe Sundaland

But if we look at the genes of homo sapians they trace to point A which was in africa.
So all hominids must decend from Erectus in the same way like the darwinian model.
Regardless if 1 group was in Asia for say 600k and the other in say spain for 300k.
They are all still homo Erectus, so all the traits and technology is nothing more then
regional adaptation within different pockets of the same hominid.
This is my problem that every single one outside of africa is no more and one tiny branch
in sub saharan africa is the mother and father of every sapien sapien alive today.
In my view, something is amiss with dna and the story is wrong somehow.
Or we should see Evidence of what wiped out all of the other hominids.
Could modern dna somehow absorb outside lines into there own and disguise
them ?

Do people see it that we advanced in Ascending order to top where we are now ?
or that we could have ended up any of the 5 odd hominid forms that shared the earth
half a million years ago, and it probably wouldnt matter.
Maybe humans just inherited all the tech and got lucky. Why only one group though ?

But if we look at the genes of homo sapians they trace to point A which was in africa.
So all hominids must decend from Erectus in the same way like the darwinian model.
Regardless if 1 group was in Asia for say 600k and the other in say spain for 300k.
They are all still homo Erectus, so all the traits and technology is nothing more then
regional adaptation within different pockets of the same hominid.
This is my problem that every single one outside of africa is no more and one tiny branch
in sub saharan africa is the mother and father of every sapien sapien alive today.
In my view, something is amiss with dna and the story is wrong somehow.
Or we should see Evidence of what wiped out all of the other hominids.
Could modern dna somehow absorb outside lines into there own and disguise
them ?

that is not correct
all Eurasians descend from a very small group that split from other Africans, I would gruess some 110 ka
it is even so that many Africans descend from this same small group because of backmigrations to and subsequent expansions in Africa

I get that, there homo sapiens who come from a type of neandertal who is a type of erectus.
but still, you would put point A back with an austrolpithecus and so all are one family.
NO ? or did hominids sprout up in more then location, separate from each other ?
There must be some very specific reason why

Erectus 2million years (worldwide) died out.
Neandertal 500 th years (2/3 if not all of the world) died out.
and others all met there end but luckily the latest model somehow managed to pull off a Miracle and cleans up the entire planet, just in the nick of time aswell.
Well thats great, but im not convinced just yet and there could easily be a Dna Part 2 or 3 yet, That changes everything. I bet we only have 10 or 20 % of this new science.

humans seperated 7.000 ka from chimpansees
that is how old they are
erectus was the first to leave Africa 2.000 ka
you're right, DNA will learn us a lot more in the next few decades

This thread has been viewed 5731 times.

Back