Classify and guess his ethnicity

Some ancient Italian.

@Dominus Augustan peace, I think its time to reveal.

[QUOTE = Jovialis; 530251] No lo veo en absoluto. Creo que se ve más "norteño" que nada; totalmente europeo. [/ QUOTE]

​Well, I've seen a Berber type, maybe crossed.

That statue doesn't look like any of these people:

xjHCpDl.jpg

Mike Pence is the best guess so far. I'm serious. Very Europid type.

Ha, ha ... I like Pence as classification too. That is probably as good ethnic classification as any today for someone from some 2500 years ago.
Hmm ... so now I am intrigued, does Pence have the reproduction of The Orator?

Thank you for this interesting teaser Pax Augusta, and introducing this beautiful artwork of its time. It intrigued me and led me to a lot of learning. I also enjoyed reading your and IronSide related posts on the different thread.

Definitely very Central European with Northern European elements. I'd say he looks most like a German, English or Dutch, especially the nose and the cheeks.

View attachment 9670

Zidane, I think he is called this modern man and I think he is Berber. I'm sorry but I've seen a lot of North African, or rather Afro-European, in that bust.

View attachment 9671

I agree I see a resemblance to Zidane as well, was about to post it but Carlos beat me to it.

Some people are blind or can just not ever let go of their agendas.

YiUNYo5.jpg
nintchdbpict000309870919-e1490182278814.jpg

Zidane's face is at least a third longer and maybe a third narrower, and the skull shapes are totally different: completely different anthropologically types. The bust is mostly Alpine, which couldn't be further from Zidane's phenotype, which is much closer to a Spanish phenotype than to a central European one.

They're both male, both generally West Eurasian, that's about it.

I suggest a review of physical anthropology through some one like Coon.

In my opinion he doesn’t look Central European or German, I see Mediterranean and Spain would be the best fit.

In my opinion he doesn’t look Central European or German, I see Mediterranean and Spain would be the best fit.

There are extremely few Alpines in Spain. Like I said, do a review of physical anthropology.

Also, the next time you obviously cheat when playing a guessing game just to feed your agenda you'll get an infraction.

There are extremely few Alpines in Spain. Like I said, do a review of physical anthropology.

Also, the next time you obviously cheat when playing a guessing game just to feed your agenda you'll get an infraction.

I’m majoring in Classics and had already seen the bust, not really my fault and I have no agenda, just my opinions.

I’m majoring in Classics and had already seen the bust, not really my fault and I have no agenda, just my opinions.

That was abundantly clear from your first post. No one seeing that bust would immediately say he looked Etruscan. Anyone who has every googled the Etruscans or Etruscan art will have seen it. It immediately comes up. No need for any classics degree.

It was also my point. If you know the subject of a guessing game or reverse image search it and present your conclusion as a guess it's cheating. As I said, not kosher.

Everyone who has followed your posts over the years here and at anthrogenica knows exactly what you're up to; all the protestations in the world aren't going to change the obvious.

That was abundantly clear from your first post. No one seeing that bust would immediately say he looked Etruscan. Anyone who has every googled the Etruscans or Etruscan art will have seen it. It immediately comes up. No need for any classics degree.

It was also my point. If you know the subject of a guessing game or reverse image search it and present your conclusion as a guess it's cheating. As I said, not kosher.

Everyone who has followed your posts over the years here and at anthrogenica knows exactly what you're up to; all the protestations in the world aren't going to change the obvious.

The only thing is that I am majoring in Classicis degree. It wasn’t a guess because I knew the answer, why would everyone have to assume its Etruscan because I said it was? A couple of posts above someone even asked Pax to reveal the identity. As to what he looks thats my opinion so technically not cheating.

To be honest many people find my posts helpful and informative, the only negatives are from very few.

Thanks to @jovialis foto contrast with M. Pence @Angela's suggestions, and @Davef I think that...
Maybe I have to revise some of my previous attempt, so I will place him to a possible: Nordid/AlpinoDinaroid or Dinarid/AlpinoNordoid set. The 3/4 picture of the subject, -which I think is more clear- gives more nordid feautures but the dinarid are not absent.
Narrow lips, big ears (projective;), long noses at ll possible directions and different shapes, convex-(introvert; extrovert;),straight (upturned;/downturned;) etc.
As for Ross Perrot, no I wouldn't classify him as Dinarid but he owns some feautures, I think is more suitable to an Alpine/Dinaroid set of 60/40, or 80/20 % possibly not the opposite Dinarid/Alpinoid. Central and western and south
As for Goran, maybe a Pontid/Dinaroid; or Dinarid/Pontoid. East and central and south.

But let me clear something, -late I hope is not-, about the "name giving game" ,the so called classification.
I suppose we agree that we enjoy this stuff, but a picture is not enough even two or three, you got to have real time contact with your sample, but what for? There is genetic tests -you might say- which reliable reveals your prime origins. -We agree?
If yes, of course we agree then that is just a game which we just enjoy, like a walk in a forest trying to classificate the herbs, the fauna etc. Actually we sharpen our senses to "term" the object we observe, a trait of our haunter insticts we might say but also could be a heritage of Aristotelian scholasticism. (master player)

(about the -id, -oid, things.)
The -id is the "pure", it is also the "general" but the "major" as well of the observed things.
The -oid is the partial, the "minor" part of the component, or the specifigue element in a mixture of things.
an example: We are hominid and not hominoids. We can make A.I. anthropoid but not A.I. anthropid. etc.
An other thing is that brothers from the same parents look different. At some cases if we attempt to classify we probably set them to a different stock. That dont nescessary means that our approach was fraud. It means that people are a set of partial features sometimes heritated from one or many directions, highlighted or silented in various of sequences... so, a sample should be an -id or -ides with -oids (features and elements) since we all agree that the newborn science of genetics prove:
That we are a soup but still not in a blender.

Obviamente Zidane continuó en el norte de África y sufriría ciertas modificaciones diferentes a las del hombre del busto que tardaría más años e incluso siglos en mezclarse con los europeos. It would be something like if Zidane stays in Europe for a few centuries.

The only thing is that I am majoring in Classicis degree. It wasn’t a guess because I knew the answer, why would everyone have to assume its Etruscan because I said it was? A couple of posts above someone even asked Pax to reveal the identity. As to what he looks thats my opinion so technically not cheating.

To be honest many people find my posts helpful and informative, the only negatives are from very few.

Stop trying to worm out of it.

If you know the subject of a guessing game or reverse image search the image and present your conclusion as a guess it's cheating. PERIOD.

By observing Angela's and Azzurro's conversation I reach the conclusion that the statue does indeed belong to an Etruscan.

Cool ... I didn't know about that.

Azzurro, you have to realize that the name of the game is figuring out ethnicity relying only on ability to analyze facial features which is more difficult than using knowledge from a textbook or googling the image. If I were to start a thread and post a sudoku puzzle, would it be ok for you to burn right through it and post the answers right away due to already knowing them?

Obviously Zidane continued in North Africa and would undergo certain modifications different from those of man of the bust that would take more years and even centuries mixing with Europeans.

Where do you get this stuff? There was no big migration from North Africa to Europe except in Iberia and Sicily, and even that wasn't huge. Plus, that was a hundreds of years after the man in the bust existed.

This thread has been viewed 29489 times.

Back