edao

Elite member
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b
mtDNA haplogroup
H
Hello,

I finally got around to getting my 23andMe test done and have some questions.

My Paternal Haplogroup is R-L48.

My father is Portuguese, but googling R-L48 people are talking about Germanic origins.
Looking at the ancestry data from 23andMe it says I most likely have a French/German relative from the 1800s and and Italian ancestor from the 1700s. Would these be on the male line; explaining the L48?

Also any information on H7 would be interesting as I don't see any maps, all I could see was a couple of paragraphs.

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 03.44.50.jpg

Info from other websites (how much of this can I trust?):

"With the above in mind, L48 is thought to be roughly 4200 years old and believed to have originated among the people who were later described by the Romans as the Germanic tribes of Europe."

http://thewurzerfamily.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/u106-l48.html

"A designation within this specific subclade points to the fact that the Wurzers are the descendents of one of the Germanic tribes who came down from northern Germany/Netherlands in the 5th and 6th century who with the Visigoths, Ostrogoths, Vandals, Burgundians, Franks, Alans, and other tribes took over the territories of the Roman Empire and eventually settled around the Alps.

The evidence shows that we have most likely descended from the Langobard (Lombard) or Frankish tribes, who settled in the area that is currently Austria and northern Italy. But by the bulk of my research (combining geographical, historical, genetic and cultural analyses) it appears that we descended from the Langobards (Lombards). The Lombardy region in northern Italy serves as a namesake to their historical influence in this area. The Langobards are most genetically similar to the once neighboring Germanic tribes of Franks, Normans, and Saxons, with whom they lived in southern Scandinavia/Frisia (now the Netherlands) before migrating south in the 5th century BCE (pre-migrations period)."

R-L48 map
9b10111ea8d1cd408ff92e3852326c91.jpg

This thread has been viewed 6369 times.

Back