I need help for results

Hallo to all, sorry for my English.
I have done the test with Geno.
The results are 50% mediterranean, 31% northern Europe, 17% southwest Asia.
I'm Italian from the north east of Italy.
I need help for the results, thank you.

I get these

Mediterranean 48%

Northern European 33%

Southwest Asian 18%

Your First Reference Population: German

Your Second Reference Population: Tuscan (Italy)

I get these

Mediterranean 48%

Northern European 33%

Southwest Asian 18%

You too Sile have done the old Geno test?
Are you Australian with Italian origin? Sile is a river of Veneto region.

I get these

Mediterranean 48%

Northern European 33%

Southwest Asian 18%

I did the Next Generation non Helix test only and my first reference population was German as well. Looks like a lot changed between the original older test and the Next Generation test. My scores are:

West and Central Europe: 44%
Great Britain and Ireland: 39%
Eastern Europe: 5%
Jewish Diaspora: 3%
Southern Europe: 3%
Asia Minor: 3%
Scandinavia: 2%

Hallo to all, sorry for my English.
I have done the test with Geno.
The results are 50% mediterranean, 31% northern Europe, 17% southwest Asia.
I'm Italian from the north east of Italy.
I need help for the results, thank you.
Could you tell us where in NE Italy you are (or your ancestors were) from, out of curiosity?

I'm from Paduan "contado", and you?
Ancestry from TV (mainly), BL, MN, PD; a bit more distant from PN too; and far ancestry also from VI and UD.

I haven't tested with Geno, then I can't help here.

who are you to say I am not Italian or Sicilian, your not somebody who decides what I am ethnicially, I’m Italian period whether you like it or not.
why do you have a green username? I would like to know how to change the color of mine

why do you have a green username? I would like to know how to change the color of mine

I got because I have am a Y-DNA researcher.

I live near the Euganean hills.

Euganei people ( indigenous people )................the original tribe and sub tribes of late bronze age name for the lands of Veneto and Friuli, ................before the Venetic arrived.

99% positive that Venetic language was originally the same as the older Euganei language.

the Genographic Project has two Next Generation tests, one is the 'helix kit' for USA customers only and processed at a lab in san diego,CA and the other is the 'international kit' for all other countries + canada and processed at a lab in houston,TX (genebygene/partnershipFTDNA); the 'international kit' is the original version based on >700,000SNPs and its 'regional ancestry' is based on 18 global regions;

so it is not only a different version/algorithm it is two different labs altogether, the format/presentation of the results are however the same/standard for both helix and international at the Genographic Project;

PS: personally i think the Geno2.0 'international kit' (cant/didnt test helix) is one of the best and most corresponding to academic standard, especially the downstream uniparental markers are second to none(+FTDNA transfer); for that money ~120euros(149USD) getting so much, top; my opinion;

This thread has been viewed 24530 times.

Back