More Y Dna results from Italy

Hello everyone!
I'm from Montevideo (Uruguay) and my paternal grandfather was from San Martino di Lupari (Padova). My Y-DNA is R1b U106 L44 + L163-. According to a historian, the "patriarch" of my family arrived in Veneto in 1467, from his homeland in Rota (valleys of Bergamo). I asked the historian if my family could be of Longobard origin, and he answered that the origin would be more likely in the Allemanic or Cimbrian peoples. What do you think?

more chance you are lombard than cimbrian ..........cimbrian are medieval bavarians who settled mostly in veneto and a bit in trentino

allemanic or swabian !

http://www.cognomix.it/mappe-dei-cognomi-italiani/ROTA/LOMBARDIA
4273 households with the Rota surname

Thanks Sile.
My surname is Bergamin; a man named Bergamino de Bergamini arrived from Rota di Bergamo to San Martino di Lupari in 1467. I have seen the distribution of the surname in Cognomix: the place where it is most abundant is Veneto, within this, the province of Padova, and in this, San Martino di Lupari. Everything indicates that this man was the founder of the surname.

Has anyone else mentioned this?

"The detection of I2-M26 Y chromosomes in Volterra is noteworthy. This sub-haplogroup is known for its high frequency (>30%) in Sardinia (Francalacci et al., 2013 Francalacci P, Morelli L, Angius A, Berutti R, Reinier F, Atzeni R, Pilu R, et al. 2013. Low-pass DNA sequencing of 1200 Sardinians reconstructs European Y-chromosome phylogeny. ; Rootsi et al., 2004 Rootsi S, Magri C, Kivisild T, Benuzzi G, Help H, Bermisheva M, Kutuev I, et al. 2004. Phylogeography of Y-chromosome haplogroup I reveals distinct domains of prehistoric gene flow in Europe.
; Zei et al., 2003 Zei G, Lisa A, Fiorani O, Magri C, Quintana-Murci L, Semino O, Santachiara-Benerecetti AS. 2003. From surnames to the history of Y chromosomes: the Sardinian population as a paradigm. Eur J
), so its presence in the Volterra sample suggests a connection between Tuscany and Sardinia. This link could be related to the first peopling of the island or represent the signature of the extensive trade exchanges that Etruscans had with Sardinia (I imagine he's talking about the Nuragic period), or alternatively could be due to the rather recent migration of numerous shepherds from the island to Tuscany. However, taking into account that (i) all the Volterra I2-M26 Y chromosomes belong to the deepest and less represented branches (*-star- and alfa) of I2-M26 (data not shown), not involved in the expansion of this clade in Sardinia (Francalacci et al., 2013 Francalacci P, Morelli L, Angius A, Berutti R, Reinier F, Atzeni R, Pilu R, et al. 2013. Low-pass DNA sequencing of 1200 Sardinians reconstructs European Y-chromosome phylogeny.
), (ii) the carriers of these chromosomes belong to families that reside in Volterra from at least four generations and (iii) all are characterised by local monophyletic surnames, we can exclude that their presence in Tuscany is due to recent gene flow."

29339630_1767340836639186_4937292393989799936_n.png

This thread has been viewed 61204 times.

Back