Polumbi2

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L23 (R1b1a1a2a)
mtDNA haplogroup
N1a
Hello I recently purchased a kit from 23andme and I mightve made a mistake. Everything went fine and i followed instructions except for one thing. When i was spitting into the tube the saliva wasnt going down and I touched the saliva trying to push it down (once), afterwards I didn't do it again and realized I probably screwed up and I let it go down naturally. Was this a big mistake? Will I receive incorrect results or perhaps none at all?

Hello I recently purchased a kit from 23andme and I mightve made a mistake. Everything went fine and i followed instructions except for one thing. When i was spitting into the tube the saliva wasnt going down and I touched the saliva trying to push it down (once), afterwards I didn't do it again and realized I probably screwed up and I let it go down naturally. Was this a big mistake? Will I receive incorrect results or perhaps none at all?

The new tests have a very fast turn around time. If it fails the quality control stage, they will send you back the kit, and you will get a chance to do it again. I'm not sure if your test is compromised. But the lab will be able to determine that early on.

The new tests have a very fast turn around time. If it fails the quality control stage, they will send you back the kit, and you will get a chance to do it again. I'm not sure if your test is compromised. But the lab will be able to determine that early on.
Thank you

This thread has been viewed 3222 times.

Back