Higher-resolution analyses of the European admixture in Chinchorro DNA

Here's the relevant data btw:

Sample ID
Skeletal codes
Skeletal element
No. Libraries
Data type
Publication
Average of 95.4% date range in calBP (defined as 1950 CE)
Date
Label
Lat.
Long.
Sex
mtDNA best (>2x)
Y chrom. calls
% endogenous for the best library
Coverage
SNPs hit on autosomes
UDG treatment (minus=untreated; half=treated except in last nucleotides; plus=treated over all nucleotides)
Damage restrict?
Xcontam point estimate if male and >=200 SNPs
Xcontam Z-score if male and >=200 SNPs
endogenous by library
damage by library
mt.haplogroup by library (update to Shop's new mt-caller)
mt.match rate to consensus by library
Chinchorroi15.SG
Chinchorroi15
Shotgun
RaghavanScience2015
3972-3806 calBCE
Chinchorro_LA.SG
Arica, Maderas, Enco C2
Chile
M
E1b1a1a1c2c3c
minus
All

American civilizations

This is in another thread, but I found some preprint datasheet with a bunch of Y DNA and mtDNA calls - one of the Chinchorro mummies was put on E1b1a1a1c2c3c, which is definitely wrong, but does that not make it likely that it was at least Y DNA E? Would make sense considering the Y DNA of e.g. the Guanches.
It’s contamination obviously, otherwise it would of replicated by now. The oldest civilizations are in Peru,South America, Caral in Peru. I don’t think Europeans were advanced enough to be able to cross the Atlantic at that time period, plus you don’t see any civilizations in Europe that even vaguely resemble the ones in the Americas. In the Americas there are ancient temples that resemble pyramids that you just don’t find anywhere else in the world but the Americas. The Americas also have the worlds most ancient mummies, they turn up later in Egypt. Europeans never mummified their dead. American Natives don’t have European DNA, but Europeans have Native American DNA components. Regarding Red hair, the Mummies have been in the harsh elements and it’s due to the pigments in the hair that have been decaying for thousands of years, and Native Americans have red highlights in their hair, so in the sun it looks red, in the dark it looks dark brown. Native Americans were genetically isolated from the world before 500 years ago, and their civilizations were the only ones in the world to advance from mastodon/mammoth hunters to advanced civilization, with their governments and monumental architecture. The Indigenous people are evolutionary and genetically elegant in that they all advanced themselves along thru trial and error to the highest levels of civilization in complete and total isolation from the rest of the world. Unlike Asia, Africa and Europe, who borrowed heavily from each other. That’s the only reason Europeans were able to advance at all 500 years ago. There is no evidence genetically or materially that any old world population was ever in the Americas. Europeans and Americans have genetic ties, and it’s from a back migration from the Americas to Asia into Europe. They also have ties thru the Ancestral North Eurasians in Siberia from 24,000 years ago for the Native Americans, and from 4,500 years ago for modern Europeans. The modern European gene pool only came together from 4,500 BC, before the European gene pool was scattered all over Northeastern Asia, to the Middle East. That’s how European ancestors acquired Native American DNA as recipients from a back migration from America. The NA gene pool is older than the European gene pool, and doesn’t exist anymore in the old world in pure form, due to the mass repopulation of Northeast Asia from Southeast Asia, but it does exist as admixture in Europeans, Southeast Asians, and in Japan and China. The situation in the Americas is fascinating to study how civilizations arose thru out the world, in isolation in the Americas, and by trade everywhere else except Australia. All innovations that arose in the Americas are homegrown and unique, without a precursor in the old world, which makes America the perfect case study in the advance of civilization and the capabilities of man.

Last edited:
In 3500 BC this requires an explanation beyond paleosiberian/paleoasian migrations across Beringia/Pacific.

My first thought would be seafaring Mesopotamians/Levantines.

How on earth would they end up in Chile, which even in the 16th-17th century era of great navigations by Europeans, using far more advanced technology, was a very isolated backwater visited fairly infrequently by most colonists? Traversing the Gulf of Magalhães (Magellanes for you English speakers) was a nightmare even in the relatively recent past. I mean, we'd expect Levantine or European seafarers, who were mostly directed towards the Mediterranean basin, but also sailed through the Atlantic, to possibly end up reaching the eastern coast of the Americas... but that would be thousands of kilometers away from Chile with the daunting obstacle that is the Andes in the middle of the journey, not to speak of other mountains, swamps and jungles along the way. I honestly can see no plausible historical scenario for that to happen without leaving any trace in other more easterly parts of the Americas and Southeast Asia/Pacific Islands.

Looking at the link below, what is the chance that all civilisations in Eurasia developed through contact (except the first one, obviously), yet civilisation in the Americas was organic?

That is a very doubtful and controversial statement even for Eurasia, let alone for the Americas. There is evidence of contact between early civilizations of West Eurasia and East Eurasia, but most definitely no evidence that civilization in East Asia arose from a former civilized pattern in West Asia. Also, if the DNA found in Chile is "European", then it's indeed a very big mystery, because the seeds of civilization were already planted in Peru by ~3500 B.C., whereas full-throttled civilization was not found anywhere in Europe by that time, let alone one advanced enough to colonize the entire world. If the DNA purportedly found in the Chinchorro mummy DNA was Near Eastern and closely related to ancient Egyptians, Levantines or Neolithic Iranians, I'd perhaps think about the matter very seriously, but European DNA with a lot of Mesolithic European ancestry? Hmm, too incredible to be true.

Why did Genetiker delete his post? Some form of coercion?

You should stick your neck out and write a post about this, it’s worth the attention. The complete lack of attention given is almost suspicious to me, but I won’t rush to conspiracy... although, I could see how these results would be sensitive.

And if anybody doesn’t believe in the possibility of conspiracy (not necessarily maliciously), check this out:

IYaUfIg_d.jpg

What's the source of the claims in that link?

This thread has been viewed 16358 times.

Back