Albanian genetic ancestries

Ownstyler

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I've been reading here for a long time and still have a few questions for which some more experienced members might have answers. So if you can enlighten me I very much appreciate it. Please no politics!

1- What is the relationship between Albanian, Greek and Bulgarian E-V13? Which one is more diverse? Which one has older subclades? Are there any subclades that certainly originated in only one of these peoples?

2- Same questions for J2

3- There was a bronze age J2b-L283 discovered in Croatia. Do we know if this is ancestral to any people today? Or at least who it relates to the closest?

4- Albanians are very homogeneous and have more ancestors in common than other European populations do, which suggests ancestry from a small population 15 centuries ago. This is calculated from the number of common ancestors. Do we know, or can we know, which haplogroups among Albanians share more common ancestors with themselves? Maybe this can hint at the genetic structure of the proto-Albanians and the people around them further back than late Antiquity.

4- Are there any studies on the Arvanites in Greece?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I've been reading here for a long time and still have a few questions for which some more experienced members might have answers. So if you can enlighten me I very much appreciate it. Please no politics!

1- What is the relationship between Albanian, Greek and Bulgarian E-V13? Which one is more diverse? Which one has older subclades? Are there any subclades that certainly originated in only one of these peoples?

2- Same questions for J2

3- There was a bronze age J2b-L283 discovered in Croatia. Do we know if this is ancestral to any people today? Or at least who it relates to the closest?

4- Albanians are very homogeneous and have more ancestors in common than other European populations do, which suggests ancestry from a small population 15 centuries ago. This is calculated from the number of common ancestors. Do we know, or can we know, which haplogroups among Albanians share more common ancestors with themselves? Maybe this can hint at the genetic structure of the proto-Albanians and the people around them further back than late Antiquity.

Thank you![/QUOT
J2b according to Maciamo, is an indoeuropean group. Also some of e v13 is also indoeuropean. It means 4000 years ago the homeland of this people was Caspian sea and its surroundings,. They brought the languages spoken today in Europe Including your Albanian. As for differences among Greek and Albanian Haplogroups, of course there are differences, Albanians are mostly J2b2 and Greeks mostly J2a an Anatolian haplogroup. Albamians appear very homogeneous with few clusters of these haplogroups. So if you think that E v13 is Albanian haplogroup its not true. As I mentioned hgaplogroups R1a, E v13, J2, came from Caucasus .

You must have done some serious digging to find such an old post :grin:

You must have done some serious digging to find such an old post :grin:
I did not dig anything! Its called google! Google brought it to my screen while I was looking to Eupedia, of course out of curiosity of new data of haplogroups! I am glad you have solved the question!

2- Same questions for J2

Thank you![/QUOT
J2b according to Maciamo, is an indoeuropean group. Also some of e v13 is also indoeuropean. It means 4000 years ago the homeland of this people was Caspian sea and its surroundings,. They brought the languages spoken today in Europe Including your Albanian. As for differences among Greek and Albanian Haplogroups, of course there are differences, Albanians are mostly J2b2 and Greeks mostly J2a an Anatolian haplogroup. Albamians appear very homogeneous with few clusters of these haplogroups. So if you think that E v13 is Albanian haplogroup its not true. As I mentioned hgaplogroups R1a, E v13, J2, came from Caucasus .

Hate to burst your google bubble but E V13 as it stands is the main/majority Haplogroup amongst Albanians, and as for the language it’s the other way around, old excavated European inscriptions can only be deciphered with the Albanian language which today is not what it once was as certain lettered were altered throughout time and intermixing and occupation... ignorant responses as yours are biased and fruitless... get your facts straight, time will tell as technology progresses.. truth always comes out just a matter of time.

Cheers my friend

Hate to burst your google bubble but E V13 as it stands is the main/majority Haplogroup amongst Albanians, and as for the language it’s the other way around, old excavated European inscriptions can only be deciphered with the Albanian language which today is not what it once was as certain lettered were altered throughout time and intermixing and occupation... ignorant responses as yours are biased and fruitless... get your facts straight, time will tell as technology progresses.. truth always comes out just a matter of time.

Cheers my friend
You're embarrassing us. You need to stick to more reading and learning and come back after minimum 1 year.

Besides, he said J2b is more common than J2a in Albanians. Take also some English classes and stop the crap about ancient languages being deciphered by Albanian.

This thread has been viewed 5662 times.

Back