New study concentrating on E-M2 and E-M78

This is very hypothetical, but if we were to assume that Levant PPN people spoke proto-AA, then the migrations of that population detected through ancient dna might give us a picture of AA migrations.

Cushitic: a result of a migration from the PPN Levant to Arabia first, and then to Eastern Africa.

Berber: colonization of North Africa by Levantine Neolithic people.

Chadic: a movement south from the same North African wave.

Semitic: Levant Neolithic people migrated north and east to some parts of the Caucasus and Iran, this wave has evidence in the admixture of Iran Chalcolithic, where 20% of the ancestry is from the Levant. and linguistically in the Elamite language which show influence from afro asiatic. a major back migration from Iran/Caucasus to the Levant formed the Levant BA population, and the first appearance of Haplogroup J in the Levant. further BA movements east and south of the Levant spread Semitic languages.

see : Proto Semitic; dating and locating it.

Egyptian: because of the presence of Caucasus/Iran ancestry in Ancient Egyptian samples, albeit lower than that of the Levant, I think proto-Egyptians were either a related tribe to proto-Semites (Egypto-Semitic is a clade within Afro-Asiatic), or that they received admixture from them in the Levant, and then migrated to Egypt in early Bronze Age, I wonder if there is archaeological evidence of this ?

These are not necessarily all of the AA tribes, lost pre-historic branches of AA that stayed in the Levant, or followed the coastal path north to the Aegean or Cyprus are possible. I don't think Anatolian Neolithic people spoke an AA language, difference in admixture, Y-dna, and pre-IE languages of Europe are suggestive of another lost language family, probably related to some languages in the Caucasus. I think Etruscan and the Tyrsenian family were the only remnants from that large group.

in short, the E1b1b1-M35 clade

the L539 and Z830 branch are Natufian
the L19 branch is not sure, maybe Natufian, or Ibero-Maurisian or Capsian

so, maybe Berber is not Levantine in origin?

I guess, this doesn't make sense, as the Berber branch is to young?

NatGeo say about the Berbers:
“Followed a migration path from the region of the Fertile Crescent in Northeast Africa. They moved across the shorelines of North Africa. They are now part of populations such as the Berber peoples of the Atlas Mountains. The Berbers are traditionally livestock herders. Some who initially took this path appear to have later headed east to India. There their lineages are found in populations such as the Chenchu, the Mahali, and the Bauris.”

you got a point e-m81 is indeed young but his ancestor e-L19 was found in north morocco remains in 5000 bc ....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifri_n'Amr_or_Moussa

http://secher.bernard.free.fr/blog/index.php?post/2017/09/23/Génomes-anciens-au-Maghreb

we can see the location of the site in north morocco the black dot

Fregel; et al. (2017). "Neolithization of North Africa involved the migration of people from both the Levant and Europe". bioRxiv191569

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 20067 times.

Back