What to do with raw data .csv file from National Geographic Geno 2.0 test?

ASkepticalSpaniard

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering what I should do with my raw data files for both my y haplogroup and mtDNA analysis respectively? How can I better find out exactly what haplogroup I belong to with the data I have at the moment?

If you need me to better outline exactly what my .csv files look like, then it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate it and also appreciate any help or support you may offer me.

Hi, I'm wondering what I should do with my raw data files for both my y haplogroup and mtDNA analysis respectively? How can I better find out exactly what haplogroup I belong to with the data I have at the moment?

If you need me to better outline exactly what my .csv files look like, then it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate it and also appreciate any help or support you may offer me.

If you tested with Helix, I know that this Kind Person has found downstream mtDNA from NatGeo 2.0 Helix files.
Give it a shot.
https://anthrogenica.com/showthread...ta-from-Genographic-Helix&p=327402#post327402

Hi, I'm more so interested in my y DNA haplogroip than I am in my mtDNA. Do you know of any haplogroup predictors by chance? What can I do to maybe predict my paternal subclade with the data I have?

Hi, I'm more so interested in my y DNA haplogroip than I am in my mtDNA. Do you know of any haplogroup predictors by chance? What can I do to maybe predict my paternal subclade with the data I have?

NatGeo is pretty good at assigning downstream Haplogroups,
It could be your final Haplogroup, if not doesn’t usually stray more than 1 to 3 subclades,.
For Helix, at the moment I’m not aware of any Y Haplogroup testing place or site, sorry.

I used helix unfortunately.

So there's no way I could convert my raw DNA information into something worthwhile? There's no way I can somehow figure out exactly what my haplogroup is? Not even a prediction?

I used helix unfortunately.

So there's no way I could convert my raw DNA information into something worthwhile? There's no way I can somehow figure out exactly what my haplogroup is? Not even a prediction?

Your results already have the Haplogroups, hopefully they’ll make the RawData compatible with other sites, or an accurate finale Haplogroup predictions App on Helix.com

My haplogroup is M269 for the paternal line, I'm looking for a more specific subclade though, how would I find that out?

Additionally, how could I potentially enter my markers into a database that would allow me to perhaps find long lost family members and what not?

Thanks so much for the time and patience.

My haplogroup is M269 for the paternal line, I'm looking for a more specific subclade though, how would I find that out?

Additionally, how could I potentially enter my markers into a database that would allow me to perhaps find long lost family members and what not?

Thanks so much for the time and patience.

I know this: Yseq, and FamilyTreeDna to find Y downstream and also Y Matches.

To put it differently, how do I transfer my raw DNA to either company? Any links would be appreciated. Thank you so much.

You can’t at the moment. NOT Helix Transfer.
It’s all about money. lol
It works for sure if you/us buy a new DNA Kit from FTDNA or YSEQ.

About Yseq contact them to see if they take NatGeo Helix, things change often.

Any comment on reading my own raw DNA? How could I perhaps set it into FTDNA form by analyzing the values for the snps and what not?

Any comment on reading my own raw DNA? How could I perhaps set it into FTDNA form by analyzing the values for the snps and what not?

Hopefully some of the Members at Eupedia have some Advice about the Morley’s Predictors, and how to read the Data.
Good Luck. [emoji2]

Hey, so sorry to bother you again, I won't any more. But would it make sense to buy an AncestryDNA test only to have it transferred over to ftDNA? What program/test should I buy if I wanted to really dig deep into my subclade as well as find long lost relatives?

Thank you so much.

Hey, so sorry to bother you again, I won't any more. But would it make sense to buy an AncestryDNA test only to have it transferred over to ftDNA? What program/test should I buy if I wanted to really dig deep into my subclade as well as find long lost relatives?

Thank you so much.

You could do that. But FTDNA also offer autosomal Testing.
You could do the Big Y, (wait for the seasonal offers), or 37, 64 Markers, and so on.
The deeper is Test, the more downstream subclades you’ll get (if any at all), and the more Matches you’ll find.

So how does the autosomal testing differ from the Big Y? I was thinking of getting the base package, ethnicity and what not, plus the Big Y (111 marker) one, does that make sense?

I'm figuring that if I just got the ancestry thing, I could get the 37 marker test from them then I'd be able to transfer it over but it wouldn't be all that specific. You know what I mean?

Also could you comment on my other thread, I'm genuinely confused my ethnicity results.

Autosomal test your Geographic Ancestry from both Parents (places where your ancestors have lived 7/10 Generations), and they match you with the people and locations closest to your DNA at present time.

You get Y chromosome from your Dad only, and it DOES NOT contain Autosomal Ancestry. Instead contain a “CODE”(Haplogroup/Subgroup, also Known as Subclades) that is transfer almost always unchanged from Father to Son only for 100s of generations.
A mutation can happen at some point: Subgroup.
Haplogroups tell us about Migration going back 60.000 Years or so. ( The Route your Father Line took and where they Stayed up to today, or 200/500 years ago), an indication of your Ancient Tribes.
If You really want to know more about your Father Line, don’t bother with the 37 Markers. Go Higher, the Higher the better.

On the NatGeo map Southwestern Europe shows Spain, Portugal,and a bit of South France.
Some Italians get heavy Iberia, or and Asia Minor/MENA (Middle East and North Africa) results.
It’s not that unusual.
Hope I’m clear. [emoji846]

Should I go with the Y11 or Y67 test from FTDNA? Which is better in your opinion and why is it the case? Could I potentially discover my 'real' family surname if I took the 67 instead of the 111?

How though? My father's family is Sicilian, and they come from just around the Palermo area. From what I understand, Spanish soldiers were the only Spaniards who emigrated en masse to the Island, and that was only after retirement. How can I have such a significant presence of Spanish/Iberian ancestry? Any theories?

My genetic totals come out to:
42% Southwestern European
13% Italian
19% Asia Minor
26% Eastern European

Does that mean I have some French/Spanish/Portuguese on my mother's side as well? I know for a fact that her father had a lot of French in him, but I also thought he had a fair amount of English and Irish too but that never came up in my DNA test.

This thread has been viewed 13182 times.

Back