Question regarding my Haplo Group ( I2c1a2a1 ).

Midsouthreb

Reaction score
Elvis Presley' s Haplo group was I2c1a2a1a1a. His surname would have been Wallace because his grandfather was born out of wedlock. He was given his Mother's (Elvis' ggrandmother) last name. My last name is also Wallace and My Haplo Group is I2c1a2a1. Could there be a possible connection determined by Haplo Group, or does it not work that way?

https://haplogroupijm429.wordpress.com/2017/12/26/i2-elvis-presley/

nevermind, wrong thread.

Last edited:
Ok, now that we have that out of the way. Elvis' grandfather was born out of wedlock.

To possibly be related to Elvis Presley's patrilineal Wallace line you would have to belong to his same terminal SNP, I-F2044 (I2c1a2a1a1a), you would need to take a SNP test to determine if you are also I-F2044.

I suppose the chances are high considering you are a Wallace and
I2c1a2a1.

Midsouthreb- I’m the same I2c1a2a1a1a Haplogroup that’s almost exclusively Wallaces. Although my last name is Stewart I actually match a specific Wallace family so perfectly that the Administrator of the Wallace DNA database allowed my data into his site (I actually matched some Wallaces closer than listed Wallaces). Seems a Stewart likely adopted a Wallace at some point. So the chances of you being related to Elvis are likely high.

Haplo Group

To possibly be related to Elvis Presley's patrilineal Wallace line you would have to belong to his same terminal SNP, I-F2044 (I2c1a2a1a1a), you would need to take a SNP test to determine if you are also I-F2044.

I suppose the chances are high considering you are a Wallace and
I2c1a2a1.

This is an old thread but, I finally took the DNA test and recieved my Haplo Group.

[h=2]john, your paternal haplogroup is I-F2044.[/h][FONT=&quot]As our ancestors ventured out of eastern Africa, they branched off in diverse groups that crossed and recrossed the globe over tens of thousands of years. Some of their migrations can be traced through haplogroups, families of lineages that descend from a common ancestor. Your paternal haplogroup can reveal the path followed by the men of your paternal line[/FONT]

This thread has been viewed 7021 times.

Back