R1b-L23

you may be of Turkic Cuman/Kipchak origin as they were around Hungary. R1b-L23 haplogroup is mostly found among Bashkir Turks and its also Y-DNA of 10% of Turkish citizens according to Eupedia.

There is also Etruscan branch of R1b-L23 located Western Europe which are founder tribe of Roman empire, the British and other West European R1b-L23 are originated Etruscan(Ancient Italy) and Trojan(Ancient West Anatolia)

There is also Etruscan branch of R1b-L23 located Western Europe which are founder tribe of Roman empire, the British and other West European R1b-L23 are originated Etruscan(Ancient Italy) and Trojan(Ancient West Anatolia)

It’s completely fine to have an opinion, But if you make a claim of this Magnitude you need to back it up with Links and Sources.

you may be of Turkic Cuman/Kipchak origin as they were around Hungary. R1b-L23 haplogroup is mostly found among Bashkir Turks and its also Y-DNA of 10% of Turkish citizens according to Eupedia.

In central and western Anatolia, I recalled it being closer to 15-18%, and slightly over 20% in Greek areas of western Anatolia. (ie: Smyrna Phokaia)

Ok guys, personally i am R1b-L51 (ht-15) from albania, i discovered that it is uncommon there, where is more whidespread the L23 (ht-35) one rather then mine, but i am curious, what root did L23 take to get to albania? Direct from anatolia? Or maybe central europe?
Illyrians, the most proposed candidates for explaining albanian origins are prooved to have carried R1b-L23 (ht-35) but it is even known by roman chronicles that they passes the austrian alps around 1000 b.c. heading towards the dinaric alps coming from central europe (hungary/czech republic) if we could find a good percentage of samples of this subclade from there we could proove the illyrian origin to have had place around there, and would even help us understand where to search for tombs with inscriptions and objects linking back to them and see how the fit with the more general scene.

Very cool, L51+ (xL11) is very rare no matter how you look at it. What site did you test with, you are the first I am aware of.

Actually i don't remember right now the site, i am gonnq clean up my emails and tell tou XD, i remember it was on a danish trip advisor, or at least on that page there was a link to a genetics site who said that they could find your haplo + autosomal DNA, only thing i can tell you is that, as far as i remember, autosomally i score 40% european tuscan, 30% south european, 30% eastern europe, and i have an explanation for this, maternally my mlther comes from korça, south albania, a slavic settlement in the middle ages so this explains the eastern euro admixture, while my father is 100% vlach aromanian, i think that this could explain how i ended up having L51 in the balkans, it is thaught that the aromanians could as well be italian settlers that came into the balkans from italy during roman rule, guess whay they are kinda high on J2b (don't quite remember wich clade) wich is heavily related to the roman empire and its expansion (wherever the romans went you can find small percs of j2b, very intresting).
Probably some of these italians carried the most typical italian haplo, R1b L51, sounds reasonable enough.

Guys i haven't seen any progress on this thread yet, what are the latest news on L23 then?

Greeks are mostly J2 and the ones which are R1b-L23 are descended from Cuman/Kipchak mercenaries of Byzantine, the known Greeks are settled people as J2 and R1b-L23 is a semi-nomad & steppe-nomad haplogroup as found highly among Turkic people and Ancient Macedonians.

The Medieval Erzurum city was under control of a Christian Turkic beylik which was named as "Atabegs(Atabeg state)", were descended from Caucasian Cuman/Kipchaks. They've been converted to Christianism from Armenian church, so they've been Armenianicizied, they're not originally Clician Armenians. A lot of Armenians have been spreaded through Soviet Union regions and not only modern day's Armenia. Many replaced their culture with Russian culture , some known examples are Sergei Lavrov and Mikoyan brothers.

Under livingdna.com, I come out as M269.

Your final haplogroup is R1b-FGC14589*.
All known downstream branches have been confirmed negative.
Quick results summary:
R1b-M343 Orientation Panel
P312 C-
L51 G-
U106 C-
Z2103 C+
M343 A+
M269 C+
R1b-Z2103 Panel processing
Z2106 G-
CTS9219 G-
FGC14589 T+
Y19434 C-
FGC14625 G-
FGC14590 C-
L943 T-
Y18687 T-

Hi Steve, do you have your STR results? If you show me your marker values (if you tested with YSEQ you probably have them) I might be able to tell you your deeper subclade and maybe give you some more info on its origins.

Your final haplogroup is R1b-FGC14589*.
All known downstream branches have been confirmed negative.
Quick results summary:
R1b-M343 Orientation Panel
P312 C-
L51 G-
U106 C-
Z2103 C+
M343 A+
M269 C+
R1b-Z2103 Panel processing
Z2106 G-
CTS9219 G-
FGC14589 T+
Y19434 C-
FGC14625 G-
FGC14590 C-
L943 T-
Y18687 T-

This thread has been viewed 27657 times.

Back