Albanian lexemes and their presence in the other languages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know this fact. From what i have read, he was expelled from Greece because he(along with other important European intelectuals), denounced the crimes of Greek Army in Epir, South Albania against childrens, women, elders, when the Greek Army with bands of prisoners(the infamous andartes) from Crete, dressed with the uniforme of the Army of the King of Greece, burned Toskeria, South Albania.

No he fled from Greece and MonteNegro to Albania to accuse/ speak freally against USA politicks for 1rst WW,
his speeches against Wilson are well known,

I don't speak Greek but friends of mine who do told me today's Greek is similar enough to the language of the classics so that with 1-2 weeks of training you can read through them easily. I'm assuming you do speak Greek, so are you saying this is not the case?
If so, where do you think Greek comes from?

Helene Ahrweiler, née Glykatzi (born 29 August 1926) (Greek: Ελένη Γλύκατζη-Αρβελέρ; French: Hélène Ahrweiler, pronounced [aʁvɛlɛʁ]) is an eminent Greek university professor and Byzantinologist. She is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Greece. In the 2008 show Great Greeks, she was named in the 100 greatest Greeks of all time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helene_Ahrweiler

This Greek historian - Byzantinologist was named as one of the 100 greatest Greeks of all time, so she is THE expert regarding Byzantine empire and history of modern Greek nation,
with few words.. her opinion is that Athens of 19th century was a city inhabited by Albanian speakers.
Because the capital of modern Greeks is Istanbul (Constantinople) and not Athens, as she claims,
Furthermore, by studying the history of modern Greek nation we will notice that 70% of their national heroes spoke Albanian and where ethnic Albanians but identified their selves as ''Greeks''.. obviously the term ''Greek'' was related only with religion and not ethnic identity, and Byzantium was the cradle of Eastern Orthodoxy.

I don't speak Greek but friends of mine who do told me today's Greek is similar enough to the language of the classics so that with 1-2 weeks of training you can read through them easily. I'm assuming you do speak Greek, so are you saying this is not the case?
If so, where do you think Greek comes from?

Another Greek historian from the University of Athens claiming that Albanian was the language of the Greek revolution of 1821, and that the majority of the population of Athens, Peloponesus, Voiotia, Evoia, Cyclades and especially Attica were ethnic Albanians, called 'Arvanites'. She makes an etymology even for the place where Akropolis stands through Albanian language, and she pinpoints that the territory around Akropolis was inhabited by Albanian speakers.

And of course people like Yetos will deny all the above even if these historians are some of the most famous in Greece today.
He doesn't likes the Greek historians of 20th century because they linked Albanian language with Pelasgian, and he doesn't likes the Greek historians of modern times because they say that modern Greeks 150 years ago were speaking Albanian language.

Laberia

patience has its limits,
There is an solution for this kind of situations, sign out and calm down until you are ready to keep a civil conversation.

as you after no linguistic prove,
and only claims
and 'strange methods' away from IE but using Grimm's law
I didn`t used nothing strange methods. I asked you to stop using folk etymologies.

Now the, last notice its name, Is bringing politicians to explain the 'secret History,
Who quoted Williams, probably will explain his point of view. In my opinion, your answer to the post of DuPidh was very strange. It was difficult for me to understand what did you want to say.

YES LABERIA.

SOME HERE ARE OFFENDING OUR JUDGEMENT,
OUR MINDS,
COMMON LOGIC
TRUE SCIENCE,
You do know how is called the Doctor that is not a doctor.

so far I have seen no method,
just claims for the 'one and only' which always is not,
Stupid use of History, Physics, linguistic
and since nothing succeed,
OH yes, Lets use politician, to prove the Albanian leximes that are not IE but true and only unigue proto-phthongues,

IF THAT IS NOT INSULT TO HUMANITY AND SCIENCE, TO YOU ALSO, to everybody personality,
WHAT IS IT?

MANY TIMES I MADE MISTAKES,
IN THIS FORUM SPECIALLY SINCE I AM AN AMATEUR SURELY MANY,
BUT I LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES,
SOME DON'T,
I have read here in the forum, a greek member claiming that the etymology of Potomac, the river in USA is from greek potami=river, because he wanted to prove that ancient greeks discovered America long time befor Colombus. I was not offended and nobody from the American members here was offended.
Ok

I will do delete it,

It`s not the first time that you offend Albanian members here, Yetos.

No he fled from Greece and MonteNegro to Albania to accuse/ speak freally against USA politicks for 1rst WW,
his speeches against Wilson are well known,
It`s a little bit difficult for me to belive your words Yetos. I don`t know where you have read all this.

Helene Ahrweiler, née Glykatzi (born 29 August 1926) (Greek: Ελένη Γλύκατζη-Αρβελέρ; French: Hélène Ahrweiler, pronounced [aʁvɛlɛʁ]) is an eminent Greek university professor and Byzantinologist. She is also a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Greece. In the 2008 show Great Greeks, she was named in the 100 greatest Greeks of all time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helene_Ahrweiler

This Greek historian - Byzantinologist was named as one of the 100 greatest Greeks of all time, so she is THE expert regarding Byzantine empire and history of modern Greek nation,
with few words.. her opinion is that Athens of 19th century was a city inhabited by Albanian speakers.
Because the capital of modern Greeks is Istanbul (Constantinople) and not Athens, as she claims,
Furthermore, by studying the history of modern Greek nation we will notice that 70% of their national heroes spoke Albanian and where ethnic Albanians but identified their selves as ''Greeks''.. obviously the term ''Greek'' was related only with religion and not ethnic identity, and Byzantium was the cradle of Eastern Orthodoxy.

LAB

STOP PLAYING WITH OUR MINDS

EVERYBODY IN THE FORUM KNOWS ARBANITES,

EVEN TODAY THEY LIVE THERE,

BUT "PUB's" STUPIDITY BLOGS,
MAKE EVEN ALBANIAN PRIME MINISTER RAMA,
TO MAKE A MISTAKE,
HE NAMED ONE OF THE 5 REPRESENDERS, THE ARVANITE ONE
AS ARCHBISHOP OF GREEKS

REMEMBER IT?

YES about 50 000 and today about 150 000 are ARBANITES,

FROM THAT TO GREEKS ARE FROM ALBANIAN ORIGIN, OR SLAVS AND FALLMEREIER
WHICH IS WHERE YOU WANT TO DRIVE THE CONVERSATION,
MODERN GENETICS HAVE PROVED ENOUGH,
READ THEM,
AND ALSO LEARN CORRECT HISTORY AND LINGUISTIC,
CAUSE ALBANIAN IS NOT THE ONLY AND UNIQUE LANGUAGE WITH -RR-

SO LEAVE ΓΛΥΚΑΤΖΗ ΑΡΒΕΛΕΡ ALONE,
SHE IS A GOOD BYZANTINOLOGIST, TEACHING AT PARIS.

AND SURELY IS SAYING WHAT YOU SAY,

AND ARVANITES ARE 3-4 MAJOR WAVES,
THE ONES YOU SPEAK CAME UNDER INVITATION OF LATIN RULERS OF DUCHY OF ATHENS.
THEY WERE NOT PELASGIANS BEFORE GREEKS,

SO STOP POSTING CRAP,

UNTIL KNOW YOU PROVED NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE THAT HOMER SPOKE ALBANIAN,
NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE THAT ALBANIAN ARE PELASGIAN,
NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE THAT GODS NAME ARE ALBANIAN

THE ONLY YOU MANAGE IS TO MAKE RIDICULOUS POSTS AND CLAIMS

AND NOW YOU POST VIDEO'S
TO TELL US WHAT?
ABOUT ARBANITES?
EVERY BODY KNOWS ABOUT THEM!!

WHY YOU DO NOT TELL US
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GREEKS OF DYRRACHIUM FROm 1300 ABOUT,
(simon simeonsis)
CAUSE ARBANITES KNOW WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE,
YOU DON"T.

AS FOR THE 70%
MAYBE YOU ARE CONFUSING THE OTTOMAN"S ARMY,
CAUSE EXCEPT IMBRAHIM AND HIS AIGYPTIANS,
THE MAJOR POPULATIONS OF OTTOMAN ARMY WAS ALBANIANS,

ARvanites occupied the central of today Athens which was a village of less than 2000 souls
At ΑΙΓΑΛΕΩ Περιστερι etc which today is 1 million people,
only goats existed,
royals went to Aigaleo for rabbit hunt

When morosini came 5 local diplomats ask him to save the city
one of them was the Arvanitan
which by mistake Rama named him Archbishop of Greece,
when that time Archbishopy was not established,

AND REMEMBER THAT GREEKS LEARN ALBANIAN AT 1770, you know why,
READ ΚΑΣΟΜΟΥΛΗΣ, YOU WILL FIND MY FAMILY NAME,

ALTHOUGH WE ESTABLISSH CONTINUITY,
BUT STILL miss the secure link.

It`s a little bit difficult for me to belive your words Yetos. I don`t know where you have read all this.

when I close my corporation, before economical crisis, I felt it, and shut down, before broke,
I had found 2-3 Blogs, 1 had posts and signs by Zeus10, and the other the same translated in Greek, by a guy claiming Arberian origin
that moved my curiosity,
I had plenty of time to study all his propaganda,,
he even claimed I remember that mount Olympos is not the one we know,
but Akrokerauneia Ακροκεραυνεια, due to κεραυνος (thunder)

Yes Williams was dissapointed by the whole case,
and when fled to Albania he said a lot about Albania
he become PhiloAlbanian,
and repeat if remember correct Haan the name, Austrian diplomat, theseis about Albanian,

when I close my corp, before economical crisis, I felt it, and shut down, before broke,
I had found 2-3 Blogs, 1 had posts and signs by Zeus10, and the other the same translated in Greek, by a guy claiming Arberian origin
that moved my curiosity,
What have to do all this with my question?

There is an solution for this kind of situations, sign out and calm down until you are ready to keep a civil conversation.

I didn`t used nothing strange methods. I asked you to stop using folk etymologies.

Who quoted Williams, probably will explain his point of view. In my opinion, your answer to the post of DuPidh was very strange. It was difficult for me to understand what did you want to say.

I have read here in the forum, a greek member claiming that the etymology of Potomac, the river in USA is from greek potami=river, because he wanted to prove that ancient greeks discovered America long time befor Colombus. I was not offended and nobody from the American members here was offended.
It`s not the first time that you offend Albanian members here, Yetos.

i did not wrote see

it is

as you see after

Another Greek historian from the University of Athens claiming that Albanian was the language of the Greek revolution of 1821, and that the majority of the population of Athens, Peloponesus, Voiotia, Evoia, Cyclades and especially Attica were ethnic Albanians, called 'Arvanites'. She makes an etymology even for the place where Akropolis stands through Albanian language, and she pinpoints that the territory around Akropolis was inhabited by Albanian speakers.

And of course people like Yetos will deny all the above even if these historians are some of the most famous in Greece today.
He doesn't likes the Greek historians of 20th century because they linked Albanian language with Pelasgian, and he doesn't likes the Greek historians of modern times because they say that modern Greeks 150 years ago were speaking Albanian language.

LAB

SAME WITH ΓΛΥΚΑΤΖΗ ΑΡΒΕΛΕΡ

BUT SHE IS NOT WORTH IT,

ΕΛΕΝΗ ΓΛΥΚΑΝΤΖΗ ΑΡΒΕΛΕΡ ΙS A PERSONALITY,

She is nothing,
Academic titles and prices in some families,
are given with cheap publishing, if members of families,
the only prize she has is that of importing new methods,
like computers, to the teaching method,

come on,
Not her,

Last edited:
AND ARVANITES ARE 3-4 MAJOR WAVES,
THE ONES YOU SPEAK CAME UNDER INVITATION OF LATIN RULERS OF DUCHY OF ATHENS.
THEY WERE NOT PELASGIANS BEFORE GREEKS,

Ok Yetos. You are right, there are some records, showing that by invitation of Latin rulers, several waves of Albanians(both Gheg and Tosks) migrated to what is now Greece. No debate. But the question is :
How do we know they were the first Albanians stepping south of old Illyricum?Also, did they go there to fill the emptied area, or they overlapped the actual Greeks. Did they find any inhabitant at all, or they just replenished the previous Albanians. These are questions that you need to answer
UNTIL KNOW YOU PROVED NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE THAT HOMER SPOKE ALBANIAN,

We never attempted to do so. We don't even know if Homer ever existed, and if he did, which period of time. Don't put words in our mouth

NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE THAT ALBANIAN ARE PELASGIAN,

We never attempted to do so.

NOT A SINGLE EVIDENCE THAT GODS NAME ARE ALBANIAN

Don't expect us to show evidences of such kind. The past is gone, we can not bring pieces of it, and present it as evidences, especially for the time of Pelasgians. All we can do, is to perform certain analyses, comparing words saved from that remote time, with our words. But so do you. The ancient Deites can not be regarded as Helenic, if we pretend(which we don't) we know what Hellenic means.
THE ONLY YOU MANAGE IS TO MAKE RIDICULOUS POSTS AND CLAIMS

Maybe, depend on the perspective you look at them, and if you want to read them with objectivity or not.

AND NOW YOU POST VIDEO'S
TO TELL US WHAT?
ABOUT ARBANITES?
EVERY BODY KNOWS ABOUT THEM!!

WHY YOU DO NOT TELL US
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GREEKS OF DYRRACHIUM FROm 1300 ABOUT,
(simon simeonsis)
CAUSE ARBANITES KNOW WHO AND WHAT THEY ARE,
YOU DON"T.

AS FOR THE 70%
MAYBE YOU ARE CONFUSING THE OTTOMAN"S ARMY,
CAUSE EXCEPT IMBRAHIM AND HIS AIGYPTIANS,
THE MAJOR POPULATIONS OF OTTOMAN ARMY WAS ALBANIANS,

ARvanites occupied the central of today Athens which was a village of less than 2000 souls
At ΑΙΓΑΛΕΩ Περιστερι etc which today is 1 million people,
only goats existed,
royals went to Aigaleo for rabbit hunt

When morosini came 5 local diplomats ask him to save the city
one of them was the Arvanitan
which by mistake Rama named him Archbishop of Greece,
when that time Archbishopy was not established,

AND REMEMBER THAT GREEKS LEARN ALBANIAN AT 1770, you know why,
READ ΚΑΣΟΜΟΥΛΗΣ, YOU WILL FIND MY FAMILY NAME,

ALTHOUGH WE ESTABLISSH CONTINUITY,
BUT STILL miss the secure link.

Well, Arvanites are Albanians by blood, and Greeks by religion, differently from the "Greeks" who don't have any distinct known blood ancestry. But this is not the only difference between Arvanites and Rumioi(the Greeks). The cradle of Arvanites, is Epirus, Morea, Sparta, Athens, Thebe, Argos, Thesaly, and more historical places. For as far as history can fairly prove, Arvanites were the major rural population, inhabiting Morea and Continental Greece, and of course Epirus, which is their absolute proven mother-land. Meanwhile, the cradle of the Modern Rumioi beyond any doubts is Minor Asia. They were speaking the language of Rumioi civilization which happens to be that of the Eastern Church. Now the story with Ancient Hellenes, need a thorough revision, because it has serious problems.

Last edited:
That's why they desperately need Linear B, to hook at antiquity. The Hellenic "hook" has been exposed as false, but to save it with any cost, they needed something older and possibly more vague, to connect themselves to antiquity, and Linear B serves as a perfect use for this goal. I will open a new thread, to demonstrate how weak and speculative is the link betwen Greek language and the so called Mycanean one.

For as far as history can fairly prove, Arvanites were the major rural population, inhabiting Morea and Continental Greece, and of course Epirus, which is their absolute proven mother-land.

Holy ****, this forum has been overrun by crackpots.

when I close my corporation, before economical crisis, I felt it, and shut down, before broke,
that moved my curiosity,

Yetos, unfortunately, you have a bad habit, to alter or to take out of contexts what we say. Or you simply don't understand: Read what i wrote:

thunder.png

Now let’s see where is this place where ZEU ‘exhales’ his ‘anger’.
At the north the region begins with the Acroceraunian mountains, (which the Roman poet Horace mentioned as “infames scopulos Acroceraunia”).
Qui siccis oculis monstra natantia
Qui vidit mare turgidum
et
Infames scopulos Acroceraunia.

Then from the Llogara national park(ALBANIA) the “thunderbolts mountains” (locally called malet e vetetimes)
(Iapygie ou Iapourie[malet e laberisë]-Pouqueville).

So please, I never mentioned Olympus in this regard, not at least in your blog.

Holy ****, this forum has been overrun by crackpots.
Excuse me, what's the problem with this part of the post that you have quoted?
For as far as history can fairly prove, Arvanites were the major rural population, inhabiting Morea and Continental Greece, and of course Epirus, which is their absolute proven mother-land.

We've been through all this before. The threads were even unfortunately deleted in some supposed spirit of not "derailing threads" which just helps the constant recycling of these topics and the constant derailing.

We've been through all this before. The threads were even unfortunately deleted in some supposed spirit of not "derailing threads" which just helps the constant recycling of these topics and the constant derailing.
The truth told, I was very interested to stick to the topic, until some people like you or Yetos show up, calling us crackpots ignorants and delirants and doing everything in their power not only to derail the topic and to get our nerves but even suggesting harsh behavior. And now this is coming from a person who pretend to be very involved and for a long time around but he has only 87 posts in a period of 2 years including those we are called crackpots. You get the point how constructive and interested in a fair debate he might be. The only thing he was quick to show he possess is the character of the epithet he called us.

The truth told, I was very interested to stick to the topic, until some people like you or Yetos show up, calling us crackpots ignorants and delirants and doing everything in their power not only to derail the topic and to get our nerves but even suggesting harsh behavior. And now this is coming from a person who pretend to be very involved and for a long time around but he has only 87 posts in a period of 2 years including those we are called crackpots. You get the point how constructive and interested in a fair debate he might be. The only thing he was quick to show he possess is the character of the epithet he called us.

What topic?
what Thread?

You used the IE roots to prove us what? Nothing
99% of the Forum know the existance of IE language
yet many do not know how, but know at least what kind/family is their language

And You Attack greek language,
telling that can only be explained by Albanian, Not IE or other, But only Albanian
Greek Gods have Albanian names,
Homer SPoke Albanian not Greco-Aryan
and at the you openly Attack the LINEAR B
and Ventris and Chadwick
come on
DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE THAT ANCIENT GREEKS SPOKE ALBANIAN?

You destroyed your own Thread,
which Purpose was to show that there is no greek language 5 000 years now,
and Greeks spoke Albanian.

YOU COULD NOT EVEN DISTINGUISH AMONG PLANET NAMES,
YOU EXPLAIN US ALBANIAN USING GRIMM's LAWS

WHAT ELSE YOU WANT US TO BELIEVE?
THAT ALLIENS HAVE REPTILEN FORM?

COME ON
YOU DESTROYED YOUR OWN THREAD

I WANTED TO PROTECT YOU TO ANALYZE US YOUR METHOD
BUT AS IT IS PROIVEN YOU HAVE NO METHOD
ONLY AN AGENDA WITH FACULTATED DATA AGAINST GREEKS AND GREEK LANGUAGE,

AND THE NEXT TIME YOU POST ABOUT ANCIENT GREEKS WITH SUCH CRAP
I WILL CALL MODERATORS,

FIND ANOTHER LANGUAGE AND PEOPLE TO EXPRESS YOUR LINGUISTIC HOAX (METHOD),

PERIOD,

I STOP POSTING NOTHING MORE, EXEPT THE WORD HOAX.
IN EVERY STUPID POST AND ANALYSIS.

the difference among Eosphoros and aferdita is Big
and connectiong among Litai and Litaniai is very short.
as also dark STAR/STERN hmmm Black holes
THATS ALL

At least ask your shelf a forgivess for insulting your mother's language. her sister language and your grand mother IE.
oh and do not forget Grimm

So much noise,
so many refers to Politicians
to 'Academics'
to Scholars'
so many claims for methods,
for Linguistic knowledge
and yet not a single true example
not even one,
just spam like 1900's propaganda,

Actually, it's well accepted by everyone that Latin borrowed those letters from Greeks who by their turn had borrowed their consonants from the Phoenicians. The Greeks only invented the symbols for the vowels. The possible semantic roots for the letters must be found in Afro-Asiatic languages, not in an Indo-European language like Albanian, Latin or any other language, and you of course know that already and just don't want to accept that fact. One moment you're talking about letters of the aplhabet, the other you are talking of words of the language's vocabulary like "kofshë", "coxa". Didn't you still get that languages are spoken forms, and the alphabet is not a part of the language, but just a visual symbolicrepresentation of the language with its own different history? You can't talk about the evolution of a spoken language and its writing system at the same time, because they aren't even the same thing.

Also, as far as I know there is a good reason why Latin did not borrow all those words from Greek, which is that they don't exist in Greek. Now, why didn't it borrow them from Albanian? That's a more interesting and plausible question, but still you'd have to explain how the borrowing and the adaptation to the Latin phonology happened and if it is regular, and not whimsical just to fit your hypothesis.

For example, we know that the change of p > f is very common in the development from Proto-Albanian to modern Albanian, and that the Eastern Proto-Romance from which Romanian also arose had *copsa instead of *coxa (*koksa), a change from *ks to *ps. That means that we can explain through regular sound changes how "kofshë" could've become that word if it had come directly from Latin "coxa". But can we demonstrate that Albanian *f always becomes Latin *k, and other changes? If we can (I don't know, I'm no expert), then we'll have to consider this hypothesis more seriously and try to find other ways to substantiate it and find the truth.

the K > C shift in signs having a signification is so stupid that I cannot resist to the temptation to cite an example:
in modern breton, in the vannetais dialect, K /k/ is palatalized into /c/ = [tch] when before /i/, /ö/, /y/ /e/ sounds, yet is still spelled 'K' - and ancient Breton sign C and ancient Welsh sign K changed into K and C (the reverse) in modern times, by arbitrary choices of "orthograph"... Just to ask for more serious arguments, without moquery.
BTW I thank you Ygorcs for your patience and clear points.

In the Iliad Aphrodite is described as being the daughter of Zeus and Dion.

Dione's name is a feminine cognate to Dios and Dion, which are simply oblique forms of the name Zeus. Zeus comes from
Proto-Indo-European *deiwos, "celestial" or "shining", from the same root as *Dyēus, the reconstructed chief god of the
Proto-Indo-European pantheon(SKY-Father).

Zeus and Dione shared a cult at Dodona in northwestern Greece, which is close to South Albania.

Just for facts: could you explain me how in same period Greek two cognate words could become phonetically so different (Zeus >< Dione) olbique case or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 91293 times.

Back