23andMe New regions at 23andme?

We get it, Zanipolo, neither "you" nor "your father" want to be considered Italian. No wonder you were all original Lega Nord members.

Alpine-Illyrian, right! :)

We get it, Zanipolo, neither "you" nor "your father" want to be considered Italian. No wonder you were all original Lega Nord members.

Alpine-Illyrian, right! :)

so someone's 23andme ethnicity results is the source that dictates which nationality they can be! .............by this method there should be no australians

so someone's 23andme ethnicity results is the source that dictates which nationality they can be! .............by this method there should be no australians

Italian is not just a nationality, it's also an ethnicity, and obviously you try to down play it.

Italian is not just a nationality, it's also an ethnicity, and obviously you try to down play it.
I do not know what you are looking for in an admixture program, but clearly , everyone I know, knows their own nationality, so they try different admixture programs to find out where their line came from. Isn't this the basis of an admixture program! or am I wrong.

I do not down play any of it.............I follow what the Italian Constitution states and its terms of what is an Italian.

I do not know what you are looking for in an admixture program, but clearly , everyone I know, knows their own nationality, so they try different admixture programs to find out where their line came from. Isn't this the basis of an admixture program! or am I wrong.

I do not down play any of it.............I follow what the Italian Constitution states and its terms of what is an Italian.

Just going by your 23andme results from v4 that your "son" posted, a critical mass of your genetics are similar to that of an Italian, which by that centrum means similar from Lazio to Sicily. Not to mention the "broadly southern European" which is also basically Italian that hasn't been yet classified as such. So what does that make, 50% or more? Being that you're an original Lega Nord supporter, how do you like that?

Just going by your 23andme results from v4 that your "son" posted, a critical mass of your genetics are similar to that of an Italian, which by that centrum means similar from Lazio to Sicily. Not to mention the "broadly southern European" which is also basically Italian that hasn't been yet classified as such. So what does that make, 50% or more? Being that you're an original Lega Nord supporter, how do you like that?
They are Not my results, they are his.....my 23andme test was version 3
and what are you trying to say .........my son will say nationally he is only Australian..............and does a vote for a certain political party indicate if one is Italian or not!
I think you are confused of what is Italian nationality and what is italian ethnicity . The constitution states that Italian Nationality only began in 1861 , clearly Italian ethnicity is very much older ............if you want these admixture results to indicate nationality , you need to talk to the programmers and make a change
There were no Italian citizens prior to 17 March 1861,
Why do you want people whose ethnicity in these types of programs declare themselves italian or any other race ...........is it because the do not reach 50% italian ?
here is my sons, Myheritage results..........clearly far better results than 23andme
Europe 100.0%
South Europe 76.6%
Italian 64.7%
Iberian 11.9%
East Europe 23.4%
East European 16.4%
Balkan 7.0%

^^
We're talking about genetics. V3 and V4 of 23andme have the same centrum for what they classify as the Italian component. As I stated before, those versions of the component actually represents Southern Italian genetic samples. It was only in V5 that 23andme put the centrum for Italian by what seems to be the Tuscan to Lazio regions. So what I'm saying is that a critical mass or more (if you consider the "Broadly Southern European" too) of your genetics is similar to people from Lazio to Sicily, according to V3. Which is why I asked you, as you are an original Lega Nord member, "what do you think about that?".

Sile, there's no doubt in my mind you're Australian in terms of nationality! You're biologically or genetically Venetian Italian but that doesn't take away your status as an Australian national in the same way the typical British Australian being close to British people doesn't take away from their status as Australian nationals.

Yep I got British citizenship but northen Spanish admixture. I feel both to be honest so I understand davef very well

^^
We're talking about genetics. V3 and V4 of 23andme have the same centrum for what they classify as the Italian component. As I stated before, those versions of the component actually represents Southern Italian genetic samples. It was only in V5 that 23andme put the centrum for Italian by what seems to be the Tuscan to Lazio regions. So what I'm saying is that a critical mass or more (if you consider the "Broadly Southern European" too) of your genetics is similar to people from Lazio to Sicily, according to V3. Which is why I asked you, as you are an original Lega Nord member, "what do you think about that?".

I have always maintained that 23andme is rubbish and slightly better than ancestry..........i only joined because v3 had medical reports, but even those in some cases are 100 % wrong.

i think , since you know a lot about broadly southern european being italian , then its fine with me..............so does one get upgraded to v5 as i do not want to waste my money with the company

They are Not my results, they are his.....my 23andme test was version 3
and what are you trying to say .........my son will say nationally he is only Australian..............and does a vote for a certain political party indicate if one is Italian or not!
I think you are confused of what is Italian nationality and what is italian ethnicity . The constitution states that Italian Nationality only began in 1861 , clearly Italian ethnicity is very much older ............if you want these admixture results to indicate nationality , you need to talk to the programmers and make a change
There were no Italian citizens prior to 17 March 1861,
Why do you want people whose ethnicity in these types of programs declare themselves italian or any other race ...........is it because the do not reach 50% italian ?
here is my sons, Myheritage results..........clearly far better results than 23andme
Europe 100.0%
South Europe 76.6%
Italian 64.7%
Iberian 11.9%
East Europe 23.4%
East European 16.4%
Balkan 7.0%
is this the new regional reporting or its not out yet?

Yep I got British citizenship but northen Spanish admixture. I feel both to be honest so I understand davef very well
Thank you!

Didn't they used to have Palestinians going along with Jordan?

Indeed, this is from the current ancestry composition populations they have up.

9m9AGoi.png

Indeed, this is from the current ancestry composition populations they have up.

9m9AGoi.png

Maybe it's just a typo. I don't know why they'd drop reference populations. I've always felt, though, that it's tricky diving up the Levant the way that they do, with Palestinians and Jordanians going with North Africans and Druze, Lebanese and Syrians going with Caucasus populations. It's just a matter of degree, I suppose, with Palestinians and Jordanians having less "Caucasus" compered to Lebanese and Syrians. I wonder if part of it is also that some Palestinians and Jordanians have more SSA.

Maybe it's just a typo. I don't know why they'd drop reference populations. I've always felt, though, that it's tricky diving up the Levant the way that they do, with Palestinians and Jordanians going with North Africans and Druze, Lebanese and Syrians going with Caucasus populations. It's just a matter of degree, I suppose, with Palestinians and Jordanians having less "Caucasus" compered to Lebanese and Syrians. I wonder if part of it is also that some Palestinians and Jordanians have more SSA.

I just sent an e-mail to the 23andme support staff inquiring about it.

I don’t understand why it’s going to take months to update everyone? Other companies like FTDNA updated everyone at once. I think Ancestry took a few weeks. Gencove was everyone at once. They sent an email too which was nice.

If it’s going to take months they should’ve waited to make any announcements. It’s like reminding a kid about Christmas in July. What’s the point to draw their attention to it so early? They should at least send an email to the person when their account is updated to avoid the random daily or weekly checking.

I just sent an e-mail to the 23andme support staff inquiring about it.

Still haven't heard back from the company in regards to my e-mail. I called them, but I didn't get much of a clear answer, but she assured me someone will respond eventually.

Also, the person I spoke to said the update should be rolling out within 1 to 2 months for all of it's users.

This thread has been viewed 94865 times.

Back