Impact of the Neolithic and the Bronze Age on Iberia

@Angela Do you think that the Etruscans had less Yamnaya admixture than the Latins?

@Angela Do you think that the Etruscans had less Yamnaya admixture than the Latins?

The short answer is that I don't know. I made the reference above and put Etruscans in quotes to reference those who are convinced that there was a massive folk migration from Anatolia to Toscana specifically in the first millennium B.C., who are precisely the kind of people who would be trying to posit extra Yamnaya so as to get rid of a similar migration at some point into Iberia.

The enigma of the Etruscans is only going to be solved by ancient dna, but we'll still have to keep in mind that the results we get will be those of the "elites" and so not necessarily relevant as to the mass of the common people. Those elites, whether or not they have "additional" Near Eastern type alleles, will also probably have Villanovan type ancestry impacted by migrations from over the Alps, whether or not it changed their language.

La Bastida Argarica city 2000 years before Ullastret.

The Almoloya first European Parliament Argarica city very close to the Cigarralejo Ibero site, age difference 2000 years.

I believe that the argaric culture deserves a greater scientific attention and for the fans to these matters we are expectant of an explanation to which in his day it was announced in the press.

Last edited:
That's amazing, it was built in 1900 bc or so, is Le Bastida the only El Argaric urban site though?

Of this impressive city only 10% has been unearthed, it seems that there is a lack of funds, which can be expected from the rest, there are deposits that are not investigated, therefore you can not know the cities that exist, there is no systematic investigation of this Argaric culture, possibly due to lack of economic means, or lack of interest to provide economic means.

Olade should have included this culture in his research, well maybe I'm committing a foolishness when advising a scientific eminence a simple amateur like me.

I apologize if I'm wrong.

La Bastida Argarica city 2000 years before Ullastret.

The Almoloya first European Parliament Argarica city very close to the Cirgarralejo Ibero site, age difference 2000 years.

I believe that the argaric culture deserves a greater scientific attention and for the fans to these matters we are expectant of an explanation to which in his day it was announced in the press.

Great video, Ros.

I want to know about these people too.

This city clearly looks "eastern" to me, not something we see in the more northern and internal areas of Iberia at this time, and as we've discussed before, there are other cultural elements that could be tied to the east. Whether this is because of trade, or there is a movement of people as well is something that should be investigated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argaric_culture

I don't understand this Wikipedia article, how could there have been influences from Mycenaean Greece if La Bastida de Totana was settled around 2200 bc and it reached its maximum extension in 1800 bc, while the Mycenaean civilization begins around 1500 bc and only starts having influence overseas after its takeover of Minoan Crete in 1450 bc? Note that according to the Spanish Wikipedia article about La Bastida the city was abandoned since 1550 bc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bárbara_Rey

Bárbara Rey a specimen of Totana (Murcia), which can bring us closer to what those ancient inhabitants of La Bastida were like. They could be quiet people without much nerve and hoarse voices at least maybe in the females and sticking to the specimen that we have taken as an example.

@Carlos what part of "Gran?" you are?

Last edited:
@Carlos, with the previous video that you are telling me that the Argaricos were like Barabara Rey or the Argaricos were like your profile of Hunter Gatherer.

I hope that the following comment does not lower the HG component in the calculators.

After the jokes (ha, ha, hee, hee, ho, jo), I thought that this was a serious forum, this Carlos is unpresentable, I hope someone will call attention to ridicule a Spanish citizen.

Let's see @Carloh (yes Carloh in Murciano) if you have any problem with the Argaric culture say it clearly, do not come ridiculing people who have their rights to a public image, I find it painful.

Last edited:
^^ ROS

I do not know if you're dumb or you're just pretending.

Silly, I think not, he wins the chess championships of my town, he misses this show of arrogance, and pretending that. explain it to me.

But I thank you because you have changed the profile to explain Barbara Rey.

Well, let's suppose I'm stupid, I explained what I have to know.

^^ ROS

I do not know if you're dumb or you're just pretending.

Carlos you carry the flag of Spain on your profile and that gives me some security, I do not want to tell you that I do not understand you.

[QUOTE = ROS; 535827] Carlos llevas la bandera de España en tu perfil y eso me da algo de seguridad, no quiero decirte que no te entiendo. [/ QUOTE]

I have always admired Barbara Rey, not very well for her voice, but she is a good artist and very versatile, I remember her singing: Men for me are like cardboard puppets, and I am only happy playing with her weak heart.

Not sure why people keep mentioning Spain and "Basques" specifically. R1b rates are equal, and in many cases higher in studies from Ireland and Wales than among Basque studies. Basques are realistically only 75-80% R1b, and mostly under a few young clusters.

Better question is why the CHG levels are different in supervised and unsupervised runs. Studies have suggested continuity in the mtDNA which can account for why I2 outlasted the YDNA of the Mediterranean farmers, and is likely the reason why R1b outlasted during the Bronze Age. Basque territory aDNA during the Neolithic did not yield any M269+, but did yield G2 and I2.

I have no idea as to the purpose of this post. Did you notice this is a thread about IBERIA?

Why would there be an emphasis on British R1b.

Who cares about that in this context? Afraid someone might get the idea the Basque are more R1b than the British?

Unreal.

I have no idea as to the purpose of this post. Did you notice this is a thread about IBERIA?

Why would there be an emphasis on British R1b.

Who cares about that in this context? Afraid someone might get the idea the Basque are more R1b than the British?

Unreal.

Quoting false statistics and spreading misinformation perhaps? Just a thought

I subscribe to this interesting thread, thank you.

in 13 centuries such area changed 4 times of language, Iberian, Latin, Arab, Spanish...

a bit off topic but it seems latin 'mozarabic' was still spoken during muslim rules spite the arab of the elites

This thread has been viewed 39077 times.

Back