Impact of the Neolithic and the Bronze Age on Iberia

yes, five languages then

Does anyone here know whether the early farmers used boats?

If they didn't, and walked their way from Anatolia, it must have taken quite a while. Maybe time enough from some genetic drift to make them distinguishable from their northern counterparts.

Dates for the spread of the Neolithic in Europe.
neolithic-expansion.jpg

So long as it was on approximately the same latitude, which meant their agricultural and animal package was suited to the climate, it spread rapidly.

A Neolithic log boat from Ireland dated to about 5500 years ago. Yes, they were used to hug the North Mediterranean coast as well. Brave people to take to the Mediterranean with pigs, cattle, goats, seeds, and their families in these things.
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/strangford-lough/features/neolithic-log-boat

This one is covered in hides:
portsoy13.jpg

In terms of genetic change, they didn't change much at all going by PCAs, i.e. the first EEF were only a few percent different in terms of WHG from the Anatolian farmers. You can see the placement of the Iberian Neolithic. With a few thousand years they picked up some more WHG, but the big changes came only after some injection of steppe ancestry.

PCA.jpg

View attachment 10746
View attachment 10747
I publish here several oracles of mine as a contribution to science and if it serves to improve the Iberian world better.
I think the Iberian was a Altaic language of origin.

This thread has been viewed 39119 times.

Back