Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past

I just noticed some blatant dishonesty on Wikipedia. Some unscrupulous weasel tried to purport Razib Khan's review of the Reich book as unfavorable. When the very first sentence right off the bat of the link for it states this:

"So I read the final version of Who We Are and How We Got Here: Ancient DNA and the New Science of the Human Past. It’s good. "

https://www.gnxp.com/WordPress/2018...nt-dna-and-the-new-science-of-the-human-past/

I swear, it is truly pathetic how some detractors behave. However, Wikipedia is prone to this kind of disinformation, and half-truths. Disgusting.

I just noticed some blatant dishonesty on Wikipedia. Some unscrupulous weasel tried to purport Razib Khan's review of the Reich book as unfavorable. When the very first sentence right off the bat of the link for it states this:

I swear, it is truly pathetic how some detractors behave. However, Wikipedia is prone to this kind of disinformation, and half-truths. Disgusting.

Whole topics are totally distorted there. If possible, I use an older source like the Britannica, or a university web site, or I go to one of the original papers and follow the citations to get the whole story.

Just look at the misinformation and slanting that appear here. The same people are changing Wiki.

Twitter is even worse in terms of the vituperation, piling on, etc. that goes on there, and usually by the most "left" or "progressive" leaning people. It's toxic. I'm so glad I never used it.

In addition to being a force for good, the media can be a force for bad, something that can be manipulated by dishonest, agenda driven people, and also something that further drives the divide between different points of view. When you're demonized, it's hard not to respond in kind.

Whole topics are totally distorted there. If possible, I use an older source like the Britannica, or a university web site, or I go to one of the original papers and follow the citations to get the whole story.

Just look at the misinformation and slanting that appear here. The same people are changing Wiki.

Twitter is even worse in terms of the vituperation, piling on, etc. that goes on there, and usually by the most "left" or "progressive" leaning people. It's toxic. I'm so glad I never used it.

In addition to being a force for good, the media can be a force for bad, something that can be manipulated by dishonest, agenda driven people, and also something that further drives the divide between different points of view. When you're demonized, it's hard not to respond in kind.

Indeed, the obfuscation of facts by left-wing hardliners, is just as damaging to discourse as ethno-nationalist propaganda.

PC liberals are just more "well intentioned" morons, like the religious extremists, and communists before them. I too have never used twitter, and never plan on in the future.

This thread has been viewed 77751 times.

Back