K15 Central and South Italian K15 results

The HGDP samples are the ones chosen by Cavalli-Sforza aren't they?

I have no idea if these results are accurate and I don't trust so much Gedmatch, many calculators are full of bugs, but here is where the Tuscan HGDP is placed in the Tolan's tool. It does remind of the Etruscan who plotted with the Iberians.

Tuscan HGDP are from the south of Tuscany, just kidding, but not so much, its position supports a decidedly Neolithic origin of the Etruscans. :)

h1qipEM.jpg

I have no idea if these results are accurate and I don't trust so much Gedmatch, many calculators are full of bugs, but here is where the Tuscan HGDP is placed in the Tolan's tool. It does remind of the Etruscan who plotted with the Iberians.

Tuscan HGDP are from the south of Tuscany, just kidding, but not so much, its position supports a decidedly Neolithic origin of the Etruscans. :)

h1qipEM.jpg

If the "Tuscan" sample here is the sample from around Firenze, odd that HGDP Tuscans from further south geographically are slightly north and west of them toward the Iberians genetically.

As to Pratt's point maybe what we're seeing with the HGDP samples is internal diversity? Is that possible?

Anyway, in this paper the authors see no difference between the HGDP and HapMap Tuscan samples, so I don't know what the heck is going on.

See:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3506643/

If the "Tuscan" sample here is the sample from around Firenze, odd that HGDP Tuscans from further south geographically are slightly north and west of them toward the Iberians genetically.

We do not know which sample was used to calculate this average, whether HGDP, TSI or the mix of both.

As to Pratt's point maybe what we're seeing with the HGDP samples is internal diversity? Is that possible?

Maybe yes.

Anyway, in this paper the authors see no difference between the HGDP and HapMap Tuscan samples, so I don't know what the heck is going on.

See:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3506643/

That paper says that North Italians from Bergamo are similar to Tuscans (Bergamo HGDP samples are labeled as Italians in this paper) and it's difficult to distinguish between the two populations. And if it's difficult to distinguish between Bergamo and Tuscan samples, it would be also more difficult to distinguish between Tuscan HGDP and the Tuscan from the HapMap (TSI).

Italians are similar to Tuscans (both TSI/HapMap and Tuscans/HGDP) and it is difficult to distinguish between the two populations, with individuals showing high AMids for Italian, Sardinian and Tuscan. The third Italian population, from the isle of Sardinian, is clearly distinguishable and much more homogeneous.(...) Of the three Italian populations, the Sardinians show differences in many AMids from Italians and Tuscan, which are closer to one another. The Tuscan from the HGDP are indistinguishable from the Tuscan from the HapMap (TSI).

I honestly do not think puntdnal is good, I plot with the Tuscans, and i am of Apulian origins (southern Italy) from both parents, even if on eurogenes k15 I have a quantity of eastmed of 23% and a quantity of west asian of 16 %, in the Eurogenes plot between Greek sample and Italian Abruzzo

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 15794 times.

Back