Thread: Best Pizza in Italy

Princess Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteranThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Ethnic group
    Italian,Irish,Jewish

I had focaccia yesterday and it was one of the best things I've ever had! I had it in the past without knowing what it was called, but as of yesterday I had some really high quality focaccia and the rich olive oil made it heavenly. Aesthetically, it looks like a boring old piece of bread, and when it's in your hands it feels hard as a rock so naturally one without focaccia experience wouldn't expect much excitement from it but giving it a shot will get you hooked!

Is it ok to put tomato sauce and mozzarella on it to make it into a pizza? Or maybe stuff it with ricotta? I don't see much room for improvement, focaccia is absolutely fantastic on its own!
    mmmmmmmmm dooouuughhhnuuuutz

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 23.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    I had focaccia yesterday and it was one of the best things I've ever had! I had it in the past without knowing what it was called, but as of yesterday I had some really high quality focaccia and the rich olive oil made it heavenly. Aesthetically, it looks like a boring old piece of bread, and when it's in your hands it feels hard as a rock so naturally one without focaccia experience wouldn't expect much excitement from it but giving it a shot will get you hooked!

Is it ok to put tomato sauce and mozzarella on it to make it into a pizza? Or maybe stuff it with ricotta? I don't see much room for improvement, focaccia is absolutely fantastic on its own!
    Why not, call it “Calzone alla Davef” lol
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123