Best Pizza in Italy

OH WAIT forgot the BEER forgot the BEER! Add 3 bottles of Sam Adams please!

I think you had enough alcohol tonight.
I won’t deliver you the beer. lol [emoji4]

I think you had enough alcohol tonight.
I won’t deliver you the beer. lol [emoji4]
Ok but I'm not that far from Connecticut, are you in Litchfield or Fairfield County (Fairfield has all that money and wealth, place ain't cheap)

lol don't answer, I respect your privacy :)

I'll stop posting tonight, gotta lay down, good night everyone

ps I'm very sorry for being off topic, im nice/cool and don't mean any harm

Tastes differ: I, for example, quite like the taste of a good pecorino romano or toscano or sardo in food, although less so on its own. In certain dishes we, by preference, use pecorino, or we use half and half when we don't want the dish either too sweet or too pungent.

So far as I know, spaghetti carbonara was traditionally made with pecorino romano.

As to which tastes better? Opinions vehemently differ!

The best pizza in the USA is in NYC.
Top notch really, but a very unhealthy food item, if not eaten in moderation.
I seldom eat pizza in moderation, so now I abstain altogether.
An interesting factoid is that the best pizza chefs here in NYC are mostly Hispanic.

Or the OG of them all the Margherita with a hint of basil!!! Have that with a Peroni!!!!

Or the OG of them all the Margherita with a hint of basil!!! Have that with a Peroni!!!!

This Delivery is for @Davef, but he’s not around. You can have it, the pizza is getting cold. [emoji4]
IMG_6119.JPG

They're great cooks, the Neapolitans, some of the best in Italy, no matter the dish. It helps that a lot of their produce grows in the rich volcanic soil around Vesuvius, and that their sea is teeming with fish compared to ours. I think that's why their cooking is sometimes less complicated than ours: the ingredients are so incredible that you have to do less to them and the dishes still sing.

Is it true that the first Pizza was invented in Napoli?

Or did Sicilians also make Pizza?

Is it true that the first Pizza was invented in Napoli?

Or did Sicilians also make Pizza?

It's true, Pizza, as we know it today, was invented in Naples where it is documented at least since 1700. And in Italy it is commonly accepted that Naples is the home of Pizza.

Then perhaps similar dishes are older, but they are not like today's pizza with tomato, mozzarella and everything else.

The word "pizza" according to some documents is attested for the first time in Gaeta in the Year 997, so 1000 years ago. But it is very unlikely that it is like today's pizza. And anyway Gaeta, which is today in the Lazio region, has been always historically part of the Kingdom of Naples, and was in the region of Campania until 1927. In any case it is part of the history of Naples.

It's true, Pizza, as we know it today, was invented in Naples where it is documented at least since 1700. And in Italy it is commonly accepted that Naples is the home of Pizza.

Then perhaps similar dishes are older, but they are not like today's pizza with tomato, mozzarella and everything else.

The word "pizza" according to some documents is attested for the first time in Gaeta in the Year 997, so 1000 years ago. But it is very unlikely that it is like today's pizza. And anyway Gaeta, which is today in the Lazio region, has been always historically part of the Kingdom of Naples, and was in the region of Campania until 1927. In any case it is part of the history of Naples.

pizza word comes from antique
Pizza is Italian invasion
but word comes from ancient πικτη picte
wich turns to Greek Pitta Italian Pizza Pontic Greek Pissia
gerenally it is the transform of the Picte mass to a flat surface

alexandros284.JPG

Around Rome (located in Lazio), pizza also means “Slap”. If you hear a Roman say: ‘... mò te do nà Pizza! ’ (now I give you a Pizza) RUN if you don’t like confrontation, unless is joking.
Around Italy Pizza can also mean: something flat, squashed, a pinch, a disaster, and up until not too long ago, in S. Puglia we used the word Pizzella to mean the Food, and the word Pizza to mean the man “thing”. I don’t remember the other local meanings of pizza, but there are more.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

pizza word comes from antique
Pizza is Italian invasion
but word comes from ancient πικτη picte
wich turns to Greek Pitta Italian Pizza Pontic Greek Pissia
gerenally it the transform of the Picte mass to a flat surface

It's possible that the word pizza comes from the Byzantine Greek πίτα, Gaeta and Naples were under the Byzantine rule for many years. But the recipe is another thing.

It's possible that the word pizza comes from the Byzantine Greek πίτα, Gaeta and Naples were under the Byzantine rule for many years. But the recipe is another thing.

Gaeta-no Γαετανος-Γαιτανος means captain
infact the flag carrier, ορ high officer,
the one who hold the Gaitania compare gaitanum

another possible explanation is also accepted

Last edited:
‘A Pizza song with Lyrics (Aurelio Fierro). An old and fun popular Neapolitan Song.

around rome (located in lazio), pizza also means “slap”. If you hear a roman say: ‘... Mò te do nà pizza! ’ (now i give you a pizza) run if you don’t like confrontation, unless is joking.
Around italy pizza can also mean: Something flat, squashed, a pinch, a disaster, and up until not too long ago, in s. Puglia we used the word pizzella to mean the food, and the word pizza to mean the man “thing”. I don’t remember the other local meanings of pizza, but there are more.

Sent from my iphone using eupedia forum

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around Rome (located in Lazio), pizza also means “Slap”. If you hear a Roman say: ‘... mò te do nà Pizza! ’ (now I give you a Pizza) RUN if you don’t like confrontation, unless is joking.
Around Italy Pizza can also mean: something flat, squashed, a pinch, a disaster, and up until not too long ago, in S. Puglia we used the word Pizzella to mean the Food, and the word Pizza to mean the man “thing”. I don’t remember the other local meanings of pizza, but there are more.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum
poor foreigners who would get slapped by them thanks to pizza. Oh yeah that pizza you gave me was nice even if it was a bit cold :)

Pizzelle: A friend of mine has the iron and makes them frequently. They're not my favorite, but they're pretty good.
pizzelles-ribbon.jpg

Pisello, yes, but pizza? It's even the wrong ending, surely? :)
Haplogroup_U3_mtDNA.shtml

Pizzelle: A friend of mine has the iron and makes them frequently. They're not my favorite, but they're pretty good.
pizzelles-ribbon.jpg

Pisello, yes, but pizza? It's even the wrong ending, surely? :)
Haplogroup_U3_mtDNA.shtml

Just last summer, I was ordering a pizza and my cousin first gently elbowed me, and then blushing he whispered “pizzella”. I did it in purpose. lol. It’s silly.
Those look like Waffles. :)
Similar, but with variety of doughs, I think.
They make them for Natale, but are usually smaller, not round, with honey and fried. In dialect: Purceddhruzzi.
320px-Purceddhruzzi.jpg

Here I also saw them at Pasqua.

https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purceddhruzzi

Last edited:
Goodness, they were invented in the Abruzzi and a similar type wafer cookie is made in Molise and they don't know about them in Puglia?

They're everywhere here in Italian groceries. I'm surprised you haven't come across them.

Same with strufoli...Neapolitan in this case, but again, I saw them being sold everywhere in Italy, and here as well. Not my cup of tea...all that honey makes them too sweet, imo.

1464_1459_struffoli_cilentani.jpg

Not my cup of tea

That's the most British thing you have said Angela. I guess you got some British friends then

That struffoli looks yummy :)

Just Regional differences. Of course we know what they are, but in my area we don’t usually make at home the one that look like Waffles.

ps ... Angela, on your previous post there is a graphic error or something that I can’t view.

This thread has been viewed 25154 times.

Back