Is winter ever going to end?

Has winter ever come?

@Carlos Go easy with the Fino. :)

@LABERIA Alitalia loves me! lol

@Gidai That’s good, imo

@Angela our Rondine is Alitalia. :)

Spring hasn't arrived yet. At least not by me. :)

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/ITXX0033:1:IT

I like our winters worse than the one here: rain, rain, and more rain (and the chance of terrible floods), and overcast skies and damp, all in stone houses. It's not "sunny" Italy in the winter, although it doesn't snow or get really cold.

All those English writers and artists riddled by tuberculosis who went there for their health and spent winters there probably hastened their deaths! Gulf of the poets indeed. :)

Marshfield PD Urge Criminals to Not Commit Crimes in Cold Temperatures

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:53 p.m. CST

Marshfield.jpg

MARSHFIELD, WI (WSAU-WAOW) -- An area police department has decided to have a little fun with the cold weather.

The Marshfield Police Department posted on their Facebook page this afternoon that read, "Due to the extreme and dangerously cold temps, all criminal behavior has been postponed and we are asking the doltish to stay in hiding until further notice."

Marshfield Police Chief Rick Gramza says the department made the post to keep things light-hearted with the dangerous weather coming to the area. "We're humans. You know we're not a lot different then they are and we have a sense of humor. And we like to keep things light-hearted. Granted if there is criminal behavior going on we are going to respond. We're going to handle it accordingly. It would be a great favor to us if nobody did anything for like the next two or three days."

A similar post was also made by the Wisconsin Rapids police department involving polar bears.

Police ask criminals not to commit crimes because it’s too cold
Posted 10:27 am, January 30, 2019, by Web Staff and CNN Wire
Warrensburg Police Department
last Monday
So...we are asking a favor (at least for the next three days); can you keep the criminalling to a minimum? It is REALLY cold out...do yourself (and us) a favor...stay inside. Be nice to each other, watch reruns of Say Yes to the Dress (we hear from the fire fighters that it's a really good show). Mmmmkay, thanks!

Punxsutawney Phil is way Smarter than all Financial Advisors combined. :) Believe Me!

320px-Punxsutawney_Phil_2018.jpg

60℉ or 16°C Today!

STRONG wind, below freezing, ... power outage, it’s 3am, and my Generator SCREAMS as a jet engine.
grrrr... yep Hallelujah!

Punxsutawney Phil, I’m coming for You :mad:

12994e59eeb5ffb4c43924c52fe106e7.jpg

Winter Storm Blasting North-East USA!

I'm disappointed. It missed us again. This doesn't even count. We haven't gotten one decent snowfall this year. You would think they're in Alaska. Too funny.
image.jpg

Now this was a snowstorm. :) We get them occasionally, but only occasionally, the last couple of years.
29906170001_2154450589001_thumb-9d387a31f4eb1904290f6a70670094da.jpg

As soon as you head north onto the New York State mainland in Westchester, it's a totally different story. This is 2010:

http://wintercenter.homestead.com/photodec2010o.html

I don't care what anybody says, though, there's nothing more magical then taking a walk in newly fallen snow.

c4832cff70af875f2793c22a90aa44c5--boat-house-long-island.jpg

My mother hated it, but it was one of the few things I liked about our "New World". :)

It's not that I don't like snow, I don't like shoveling snow. LOL

now:

3cSXLtZ.jpg

never mind
EDITED

I had a lot of fun shoveling snow. :mad:

lol

i41bjyB.jpg

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 19774 times.

Back