Central and South Asian DNA Paper

Johane Derite

Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
mtDNA haplogroup
U1a1a
The Genomic Formation of South and Central Asia

Vagheesh M Narasimhan, Nick J Patterson, Priya Moorjani, Iosif Lazaridis, Lipson Mark, Swapan Mallick, Nadin Rohland, Rebecca Bernardos, Alexander M Kim, Nathan Nakatsuka, Inigo Olalde, Alfredo Coppa, James Mallory, Vyacheslav Moiseyev, Janet Monge, Luca M Olivieri, Nicole Adamski, Nasreen Broomandkhoshbacht, Francesca Candilio, Olivia Cheronet, Brendan J Culleton, Matthew Ferry, Daniel Fernandes, Beatriz Gamarra, Daniel Gaudio, Mateja Hajdinjak, Eadaoin Harney, Thomas K Harper, Denise Keating, Ann-Marie Lawson, Megan Michel, Mario Novak, Jonas Oppenheimer, Niraj Rai, Kendra Sirak, Viviane Slon, Kristin Stewardson, Zhao Zhang, Gaziz Akhatov, Anatoly N Bagashev, Baurzhan Baitanayev, Gian Luca Bonora, Tatiana Chikisheva, Anatoly Derevianko, Enshin Dmitry, Katerina Douka, Nadezhda Dubova, Andrey Epimakhov, Suzanne Freilich, Dorian Fuller, Alexander Goryachev, Andrey Gromov, Bryan Hanks, Margaret Judd, Erlan Kazizov, Aleksander Khokhlov, Egor Kitov, Elena Kupriyanova, Pavel Kuznetsov, Donata Luiselli, Farhad Maksudov, Chris Meiklejohn, Deborah C Merrett, Roberto Micheli, Oleg Mochalov, Zahir Muhammed, Samridin Mustafakulov, Ayushi Nayak, Rykun M Petrovna, Davide Pettner, Richard Potts, Dmitry Razhev, Stefania Sarno, Kulyan Sikhymbaevae, Sergey M Slepchenko, Nadezhda Stepanova, Svetlana Svyatko, Sergey Vasilyev, Massimo Vidale, Dima Voyakin, Antonina Yermolayeva, Alisa Zubova, Vasant S Shinde, Carles Lalueza-Fox, Matthias Meyer, David Anthony, Nicole Boivin, Kumarasmy Thangaraj, Douglas Kennett, Michael Frachetti, Ron Pinhasi, David Reich

Abstract

The genetic formation of Central and South Asian populations has been unclear because of an absence of ancient DNA. To address this gap, we generated genome-wide data from 362 ancient individuals, including the first from eastern Iran, Turan (Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan), Bronze Age Kazakhstan, and South Asia. Our data reveal a complex set of genetic sources that ultimately combined to form the ancestry of South Asians today. We document a southward spread of genetic ancestry from the Eurasian Steppe, correlating with the archaeologically known expansion of pastoralist sites from the Steppe to Turan in the Middle Bronze Age (2300-1500 BCE). These Steppe communities mixed genetically with peoples of the Bactria Margiana Archaeological Complex (BMAC) whom they encountered in Turan (primarily descendants of earlier agriculturalists of Iran), but there is no evidence that the main BMAC population contributed genetically to later South Asians. Instead, Steppe communities integrated farther south throughout the 2nd millennium BCE, and we show that they mixed with a more southern population that we document at multiple sites as outlier individuals exhibiting a distinctive mixture of ancestry related to Iranian agriculturalists and South Asian hunter-gathers. We call this group Indus Periphery because they were found at sites in cultural contact with the Indus Valley Civilization (IVC) and along its northern fringe, and also because they were genetically similar to post-IVC groups in the Swat Valley of Pakistan. By co-analyzing ancient DNA and genomic data from diverse present-day South Asians, we show that Indus Periphery-related people are the single most important source of ancestry in South Asia — consistent with the idea that the Indus Periphery individuals are providing us with the first direct look at the ancestry of peoples of the IVC — and we develop a model for the formation of present-day South Asians in terms of the temporally and geographically proximate sources of Indus Periphery-related, Steppe, and local South Asian hunter-gatherer-related ancestry. Our results show how ancestry from the Steppe genetically linked Europe and South Asia in the Bronze Age, and identifies the populations that almost certainly were responsible for spreading Indo-European languages across much of Eurasia.

LINK:
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/03/31/292581

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/bior.../292581-2.xlsx

iir_mfa6ns5v.png

si_mfazcph8.png

"One Sentence Summary: Genome wide ancient DNA from 357 individuals from Central and South Asia sheds new light on the spread of Indo-European languages and parallels between the genetic history of two sub-continents, Europe and South Asia."

deleted comment, formatting issues

Game Over! – R1b M269 in Hajji Firuz (5600BC)

OMG!

I had already written about David Reich change of heart about PIE being from the South Caucasus. Now we know why.

“Andronovo pastoralists brought steppe ancestry to South Asia (Vagheesh et al. 2018 preprint)” is out and in the supplement there is a guy from Hajji Firuz in western Iran, that is a R1b-M269….by 5500bc(!). This means, in plain terms, OMG I was so right all along for all these years.

Let me talk about him, and why he is related to Shulaveri -Shomu in Armenia/Georgia. He was found in Hajji along side a couple J2b guys:
a. Both places have the oldest wine residue. So Shulaveri by 5800bc and here in Hajji 5500bc.
b. Both share the same pottery, specially the ones with “grapes” at the mouth.
c. Both settlements use tipical shulaveri circular mudbrick construction… and specially babies and women are buried under the floor in the same manner.
Its just a couple info. But to me it’s a glorious day. Indeed.

R1b-Z2013 in 5900-5500 BCE Western Iran (I2327) at Hajji Firuz Tepe. We've found the male ancestor of the Yamnaya phenomenon :)

That looks really fantastic. Do you have the links for that preprint? This and maybe several other findings that we will see in the next months or years are what probably covinced David Reich to propose an ultimate urheimat that is neither of the most well accepted ones, nor the steppe, nor Anatolia.

Two immediate stand-outs:
No BMAC in Indians

R1b M269 6000 BC in Iran, along side J2b
I2327 K1a17a R1b1a1a2a2 Hajji_Firuz_C 5900-5500 BCE Iran

Maciamo was right, not that the usual suspects will acknowledge it.

Also 2850-2460 BCE R1b-L151 in Afghanistan. Is this the earliest R1b-L151 discovered to date?

deleted comment, formatting issues

Why did you move my thread?
Its not about the paper is about the fact that M269 is found in 5500 bc in Hajji Feruz.

Its not about the paper is about the fact that M269 is found in 5500 bc in Hajji Feruz.

It belongs with the discussion of this paper.

Marko:
Also 2850-2460 BCE R1b-L151 in Afghanistan. Is this the earliest R1b-L151 discovered to date?

There's one in Northeastern Europe but I don't remember the date.

Two immediate stand-outs:
No BMAC in Indians
R1b M269 6000 BC in Iran, along side J2b
I2327 K1a17a R1b1a1a2a2 Hajji_Firuz_C 5900-5500 BCE Iran
Maciamo was right, not that the usual suspects will acknowledge it.

That's it. The homeland of the Indo-European languages is Iran. Done.

According to the supplementary tables it's not only M269, it's Z2103 (i. e. the Y-DNA that predominates in Yamnaya) 1500 years before its predicted to have made its appearance as per mutation rate estimates. The nomenclature is quite unwieldy, but the table gives it as R1b1a1a2a2.

According to the supplementary tables it's not only M269, it's Z2103 (i. e. the Y-DNA that predominates in Yamnaya) 1500 years before its predicted to have made its appearance as per mutation rate estimates. The nomenclature is quite unwieldy, but the table gives it as R1b1a1a2a2.

Yes. The excel seems all screwed up. Lets wait a bit longer.

That's it. The homeland of the Indo-European languages is Iran. Done.
Not Iran. Actually irritatingly wrong by everyone. Enough. Its in Georgia Neolithic because that is where 90% of the shulaveri lived.
That is why oldest wine making was first in georgia and a couple centuries later it shows here in Hajji.
Btw, hajji firuz was clearly a Shulaveri Shomu offshoot in lake Urmia. Then, around 5400/5200bc some others arrive, the Dalma people.
But these dates they were the Shulaveri.

OMG!

I had already written about David Reich change of heart about PIE being from the South Caucasus. Now we know why.

“Andronovo pastoralists brought steppe ancestry to South Asia (Vagheesh et al. 2018 preprint)” is out and in the supplement there is a guy from Hajji Firuz in western Iran, that is a R1b-M269….by 5500bc(!). This means, in plain terms, OMG I was so right all along for all these years.

Let me talk about him, and why he is related to Shulaveri -Shomu in Armenia/Georgia. He was found in Hajji along side a couple J2b guys:
a. Both places have the oldest wine residue. So Shulaveri by 5800bc and here in Hajji 5500bc.
b. Both share the same pottery, specially the ones with “grapes” at the mouth.
c. Both settlements use tipical shulaveri circular mudbrick construction… and specially babies and women are buried under the floor in the same manner.
Its just a couple info. But to me it’s a glorious day. Indeed.

Game over ...its Gonur Turkmenistan

site over 7000BC old
on the silk road
agriculture and mining
Site of founding of Zorastrian
haplogroup A found there as well as BT and CT ...........plus P , E and T

Thats it Turkmenistan home of BMAC ............

Game over ...its Gonur Turkmenistan

site over 7000BC old
on the silk road
agriculture and mining
Site of founding of Zorastrian
haplogroup A found there as well as BT and CT ...........plus P , E and T

Thats it Turkmenistan home of BMAC ............

Well, IE languages spread mostly with pastoralism, not agriculture (the earliest of its speakers actually seem to have practiced a pretty incipient agriculture)... BMAC also shows some (minor) AASI, which doesn't appear in later remains associated with IE expansive cultures. I don't know... And what exactly does haplogroup A being found there as well as BT and CT have to do with proving definitely that the earliest form of PIE came from BMAC Turkmenistan? I honestly didn't understand.

Well, IE languages spread mostly with pastoralism, not agriculture (the earliest of its speakers actually seem to have practiced a pretty incipient agriculture)... BMAC also shows some (minor) AASI, which doesn't appear in later remains associated with IE expansive cultures. I don't know... And what exactly does haplogroup A being found there as well as BT and CT have to do with proving definitely that the earliest form of PIE came from BMAC Turkmenistan? I honestly didn't understand.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...vidence_from_Gonur_Depe_Margiana_Turkmenistan

there is more.....much more from this area/site

This thread has been viewed 286662 times.

Back