who is more close to Ancient Greek?

XipeTotek

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Turkish,Albanian
i learn about somethings albanian language and genetic(i am not sure about this) more close to ancient greeks. its true or false?

my mom's ancestors are come from thassalonniki but they are not know albanian. (so much albanian forget native languages in turkey.)

and real albanians are brunette or blonde? because i am blonde in the childhood(now brown) and i am look like a slav or french peoples. there is have a relationship with slavic peoples with albanians?

but my brother is look like a italian and have gypsy/indian skin. but i am very very white like a nordic.

and i have doubt about the my father's father look like arabic or armenian they come from city is kayseri

i think i get my slanted eyes from father's mom she is come from yoruk/nomad turk

so i don't know what i am. white nordic skin with curly brown hair and slanted eyes. i think i am a hybrid of everything (hybridism good or bad?)

Before Hellenes arrived in today Greece area of western Turkey, Greece, Albania and Southern Italy was inhabited by another people called Pellasgoi ,by the late arrivals Hellenes. Were all this people one culture and one single group nobody knows. We know about Pellasgoi because Hellenes wrote about them. So the ancient Greeks were mixture of Hellenes+Pellasgoi. To answer your question who is today closer genetically to ancient Greeks I would say the modern Greeks. Even though the Greeks had infusions of other people in Greece so did the other people in the region. Now as far as it goes your appearance, as you are admitting you have Albanian heritage, Albanians are not a blond group of people in general. One in ten people could be blonde. Slavs on the other hand have higher rates of blond-ism. Thessaloniki even though is in Greece majority of population is Bulgarian Slav, Albanians, Jews. So to explain your blond-ism it could be Albanian like Ataturk (another Albanian from Salonika). If you do a 23andme genetic test it will tell you what genes you have.

Apparently Sicilians and south Italians

mq3tm5w.jpg

i learn about somethings albanian language and genetic(i am not sure about this) more close to ancient greeks. its true or false?

my mom's ancestors are come from thassalonniki but they are not know albanian. (so much albanian forget native languages in turkey.)

and real albanians are brunette or blonde? because i am blonde in the childhood(now brown) and i am look like a slav or french peoples. there is have a relationship with slavic peoples with albanians?

but my brother is look like a italian and have gypsy/indian skin. but i am very very white like a nordic.

and i have doubt about the my father's father look like arabic or armenian they come from city is kayseri

i think i get my slanted eyes from father's mom she is come from yoruk/nomad turk

so i don't know what i am. white nordic skin with curly brown hair and slanted eyes. i think i am a hybrid of everything (hybridism good or bad?)

Yeah, I bet.

what Kayseri?

make your test

Lots of people the Greeks did a lot of colonization since the Bronze Age I believe that South Albania has had some Greek colonization also South Serbia and of course South Italy with Greco Italic tribes.

You can extend it a little out of continental Europe to Western Asia Minor Anatolia and even parts of the Levant and North Africa those parts were always mapped out you can look at any Byzantine Roman etc map it was all mapped out as ''Greco Anatolia''

Now as far as it goes your appearance, as you are admitting you have Albanian heritage, Albanians are not a blond group of people in general. One in ten people could be blonde. Slavs on the other hand have higher rates of blond-ism. Thessaloniki even though is in Greece majority of population is Bulgarian Slav, Albanians, Jews. So to explain your blond-ism it could be Albanian like Ataturk (another Albanian from Salonika). If you do a 23andme genetic test it will tell you what genes you have.
I don't know where you're getting this but most Albanians (70%+) are born with blonde hair that tends to turn dirty blonde to brown when they grow up, just like OP.

Apparently Sicilians and south Italians

mq3tm5w.jpg

Ancient Greeks formed a proportion of the Sicily's population (I believe around 30 to 40%). I don't believe they were the absolute majority in Sicily, maybe in Calabria only. Natives were genetically similar to them before the colonization started.

I don't know where you're getting this but most Albanians (70%+) are born with blonde hair that tends to turn dirty blonde to brown when they grow up, just like OP.

Is there a scientific explanation for this phenomenon? Because when i was a child, i had completely blond hair, then growing the color became brown.

Is there a scientific explanation for this phenomenon? Because when i was a child, i had completely blond hair, then growing the color became brown.
It’s very common for hair to get darker as children get older.
My brother also was blonde as a Kid, now he has brown hair (Castani/Chestnut).
My hair were a dark gold red color, I remember the teacher (a Nun) asking me to seat away from the window, because when the Sun shined on my hair became Fire-Red, and were distracting to her. She called my hair Devil’s Hair (“Oh, Gesù mio, hai i Capelli del Diavolo”). :petrified:
They turned brown eventually, but not completely, depending on the light, I still get comment like “I can see some red in your hair” or “your hair are Weird”. :)

It probably means that you carry a bunch of polymorphisms for blondism, but not enough to completely eliminate pigmentation in adulthood.

Anecdotally it seems to me that brown-haired people who used to be blond in childhood are much more likely to have blond children than those who weren't, especially if the partner is blond.

I was blond until the age of 6-7, then became darker, even very dark brown during my teenage years. After turning 25 I started going back to a copper shade and remained there. To make it even weirder my beard has always been reddish-blond but not in unison, instead consisting of individual hair in 3 different colours (blond, red and dark brown). Go figure...

what is to be taken in account is the adult colour -
Albanians, in reliable works, appear as a mean as around 50% dark hues, 44% middle hues and 6% light hues (the most of the time very light brown, rather golden) - it could be discussed in the details, but it stays around this. Evidently, some regions are a bit darker (rather close to Epirus) and other lighter (Ghegs for the most), roughly said - the lighter hairs colour of children, when it lastes long, are supposedly the sign of crossing and mix of light and dark, but who knows todate? As a whole the pops where the darks hues are the most dominant, show less light haired children at low age.

This thread has been viewed 11750 times.

Back