Reaction score
Ethnic group
Germanic
Y-DNA haplogroup
I1a
mtDNA haplogroup
H5a1a
Hello,

is there a calculator on Gedmatch or elsewhere, which is using exclusively IBS (Identical by state) matching technology?

Hello,

is there a calculator on Gedmatch or elsewhere, which is using exclusively IBS (Identical by state) matching technology?
Their matches are totally random actually and I personally dislike how they match people and various ethnicity although they have certain cals for different ethnicity. I prefer the k36 on Euro genes everything else is relative. For example Turks will just be matched with Turks on their data base Armenians with Armenians Assyrians with Assyrians even though they have various mixes.

More than anything else i'd strongly advise you to do a in detail haplogroup test first. It will help give light on the answers you are looking for.

No, that was not my intention. I am more interested in ancient matches on autosomal dna, but not in the sense of direct ancestry, but in the alleles.

So i´m not interested in how far the relationship dates back, or how many segments are in the same place, rather wheter the alleles are the same.

No, that was not my intention. I am more interested in ancient matches on autosomal dna, but not in the sense of direct ancestry, but in the alleles.

So i´m not interested in how far the relationship dates back, or how many segments are in the same place, rather wheter the alleles are the same.
Yes I don't know then if you find such a thing I will be interested lol

If I understand that correctly now, there is a way to see it in Gedmatch "one to One compare" or "X One to one" as well. The green elements on the chromosome graphic(Base Pairs with Full Match) indicate which base pairs match, regardless of the blue elements. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This thread has been viewed 2860 times.

Back