Stradioti.....their origin and history????

You always destroy every thread here with your provocations.
Now i have a question for you. In the Siege of Candia in Crete, Venetians used among other troops Albanian stradioti, mostly catholics from North Albania but also some Orthodox Albanians from South. The Greeks fought with Venetians or against Venetians?

Search the story of Crete Better,

Stradioti were Mercenairies,

On Contradictory search The Pax Kallergi

Pax Kallergi was something, cause was done by locals.

Enough

as a Person and Human, I do not think is wise to be proud and memorize for someone who fought for money and titles.

I hate the era when Greeks Fought for foreigns,
Either Catalans, Venicians, either Turks and Albanians,

If you as an Albanian you proud for your people fought for money for Germans venicians and Turks,
I do not know what to say

FROM THE MOMENT I 'VE SEEN THE TITLE,
I REALIZE SOMETHING IS GOING WRONG.

SO I ASK YOU.

You are proud as ALBANIAN for some Arbanites and Greeks fought as mercenairies for Foreigns, Correct, maybe their Bravery!!!
Before some months I have posted a Video about The ISIS and the Balkan presence there, I know you did like it
ARE YOU ALSO PROUD AS ALBANIAN FOR THE ONES WHO FOUGHT AS MERCENAIRIES FOR ISIS? FOR THEIR BRAVERY?
ARE YOU?

I Think this thread intension was to show something else, than how proud we or you are, but to ....

PS
Yes as Albanian I could be proud for Kastrioti (Byzantine-Rom) and or Vallavan Pasha (Ottoman) cause it is your people's history, your world, Same pride or moarn, no matter who support.
but to be proud for mercenairies, either fought for Spain Venice Germany, either Ottomans ISIS Jihad, hmm

If ISIS won, Would you dare and be proud For the Albanian Jihadists that fought for ISIS?
As you are for Stradioti, the ones who fought for Germans or British or Venicians?

come on,
the post is not about national pride,
it has another Purpose,!!!!!!

Offcourse among Stratioti there are personalities who manage to escape that figure of mercenairy
Corcondil Cladas is a quite a figure, who organise army and tried to take back Albania with Kastrioti son.
his flag
250px-Flag_of_Korkondeilas_Kladas.svg.png

but generally that is a dark era,
fighting each other, for others-foreigners.
understanding that, at least you understand why Albania got indipedence last in Balkans.
Except if we are 'proud' for our fathers fought bravely for Ottoman Venician etc money, killing each other, and not for their land freedom and peace.

When you guys understand this,
then you will see far,

a kind of Stratioti was also
Kolokotronis,
major of British army,
Katsonis,
Admiral of Russian navy
Orlandos
Italian noble and landowner
Ypsilantis
for Russia a prince
and many Arbanites, I am sure you know them
etc etc,
but they avoid to fight each other.
even for foreign money.

Last edited:

Enough

as a Person and Human, I do not think is wise to be proud and memorize for someone who fought for money and titles.

If you as an Albanian you proud for your people fought for money for Germans venicians and Turks,

SO I ASK YOU.

You are proud as ALBANIAN for some Arbanites and Greeks fought as mercenairies for Foreigns, Correct, maybe their Bravery!!!
Before some months I have posted a Video about The ISIS and the Balkan presence there, I know you did like it
ARE YOU ALSO PROUD AS ALBANIAN FOR THE ONES WHO FOUGHT AS MERCENAIRIES FOR ISIS? FOR THEIR BRAVERY?
ARE YOU?

I Think this thread intension was to show something else, than how proud we or you are, but to ....

PS
Yes as Albanian I could be proud for Kastrioti (Byzantine-Rom) and or Vallavan Pasha (Ottoman) cause it is your people's history, your world, Same pride or moarn, no matter who support.
but to be proud for mercenairies, either fought for Spain Venice Germany, either Ottomans ISIS Jihad, hmm

If ISIS won, Would you dare and be proud For the Albanian Jihadists that fought for ISIS?
As you are for Stradioti, the ones who fought for Germans or British or Venicians?

come on,

Offcourse among Stratioti there are personalities who manage to escape that figure of mercenairy
Corcondil Cladas is a quite a figure, who organise army and tried to take back Albania with Kastrioti son.
his flag

understanding that, at least you understand why Albania got indipedence last in Balkans.
Except if we are 'proud' for our fathers fought bravely for Ottoman Venician etc money, killing each other, and not for their land freedom and peace.

then you will see far,

Kolokotronis,
major of British army,
Katsonis,
Admiral of Russian navy
Orlandos
Ypsilantis
for Russia a prince
etc etc,
even for foreign money.

You are all over the place now....slow down. Give us some reference from an article or book for the Greek Stradioti. We want to learn more about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

You are all over the place now....slow down. Give us some reference from an article or book for the Greek Stradioti. We want to learn more about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Venice nation used Albanian stradioti as their light cavalry up to the battle of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fornovo

they lost faith in them as they failed to capture the french king and instead attacked the baggage train

the albanian stradioti then went into the service of naples ...........while Venice hired greek stradioti

the best of the stadioti leaders fro venice was
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercurio_Bua
some say he was albanian and some say greek because he was born in the Peloponnese

From the book of Paolo Petta:
Google translation:
There is another source that describe this event:
Bayard's Loyal Serviteur [p. 223] described a clash between stradiots and Croats in 1510. The stradiots of Mercurio Rona, allied with the French, fell in with a party of Venetian Croats near Monselice. The Albanians considered the Croats "more Turks than Christian" and captured and butchered them (an attitude that has apparently persisted in the region until today!).
They cut off their heads [with scimitars] and spiked them on the ends of their stradiots [javelins shod with iron at both ends], asserting that they were not Christians. These men wore a strange headdress, for it was like a maiden's hood. And in the place where they put the head, it was furnished with five or six thick pieces of paper glued together, so that a sword did no more harm to it than to a secrete [steel cap worn under the helmet].

Some of these records were clearly exaggerated, because it was a common practice to blame the mercenaries and other "unwanted" groups.

Take,for instance,the Romanians from the Kingdom of Hungary,they were constantly described as setting fire,which was quickly speculated by the Magyar historiography,making them bloodthirsty and always revengeful.

The Vlachs appeared in the propaganda articles,with rabbiatic eyes and smacking teeth, between a knife,in the background there were some buildings on fire.

But the truth may have been completely different,we do have the Montenegrin peak Parlitor,which in Romanian means burned,scorched,and in exactly the same place, the clans used to defend themselves against the Ottomans by firing the crops,fields,and retreating into the mountains,a very usual practice in Medieval Wallachia or Moldavia.
But Parlitor comes from a red area for Vlachness,lots of catuns are recorded out there,and many other mountain peaks,like Durmitor(The Sleeping One),Acipitor(Daco-Romanian only term,Atipitor,The One Who Falls Asleep),Visitor(The Dreamer),which led to another propagandistic theory,the Yugoslav historiography, claimed that the mountaineers were slow,lazy and pushy peoples,the Montenegrins were especially targeted, in contrast to the mainstream Serbs and Croats from the plains that entertained themselves like real Slavo-Sarmatians(this could be the main theme for the Kusturica's Underground trailer).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEvZUL1d-Zk

https://books.google.ro/books?id=g3...q=stereotypes montenegrins lazy pushy&f=false

Last edited:
These stereotypes are in fact simply misunderstandings,who prove that even the Romanians-Vlachs from the Balkans,were not that easy assimilated or related,to the Serbs,Bulgarians or Ottomans.

EDIT
See that the Serbian clip treats very well the Albanians, unlike their own 'Serbo-Croatian' Montenegrins.

EDIT
The mountain peaks' names have nothing to do with the Romanian way of life,because they were probably used also as refuge places, where they could have met their women,because the tradition is more than clear in this respect:you had to avoid her family members with all costs and to use the most remote lands for dating.

Last edited:
Now,the light cavalry was extremely used by the Balkaneers long before the Ottomans,for example,hussar comes from Serbian,while the Albanians and Romanians have preserved the term stallion from Latin.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratioti

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/admissarius

One of the main roles for the Vlachs from the Serbian Kingdom was horse breeding, while the Bulgarian army used them as light cavalrymen.
The same can be said for ambushes(for Posada,note the strong resemblance between the Wallachian and Morlach hats)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Posada

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4b/Viennese_Illuminated_Chronicle_Posada.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/An_armed_Morlach,_Geissler.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Cosmin_Forest

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vaslui

The Moldavians went event further, they managed to Moldovanize some Cossack and Tartar groups.

Benjamin Tudela speaks obout the typical hit-and-runs attacks of the Vlachs ,he describes them as "fast deers".

Vlad's Night Attack

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Attack_at_Târgovişte

Last edited:
I don't know how you Balkanites really are,but we can be extremely fast,even for a samurai,our style of fight can vary from a really unexpected initial attack to a stance when you relentlessly push the other back alot,when the stakes are higher,so is the adrenaline, the head and eyes are no longer moving, while the fists go in many directions with tremendous speed,in my early childhood I was used to be called The Shepherd Dog.

EDIT

Ethnographic relevance,this is not an invitation to violence.

The K1 fighter Catalin Morosanu is of shepherd stock.

Last edited:
People in the past didn't fight, support, oppose or in general made any political or military move based entirely and solely on ethnic lines. It's simply anachronistic and self-deceiving to try to project modern inter-ethnic relations or conflicts, and modern national feelings, onto pre-modern, particularly pre-modern nationalism people. That observation is especially true of groups of mercenaries, who were usually willing to integrate to their hordes all kinds of foreign people who were willing to be helpful and respect their rules and customs, and of course were willing to work for and even adopt the social/cultural markers of whoever paid them a good amount of money. Irrespective of ethnic origins, their allegiances to this or that nation were tenuous at best. The best way to find reliable information about such ancient groups and understand them better is to avoid projecting present issues onto them and looking at them as some kind of 100% coherent and closed community. Most of the times they weren't, and you could see people from the very same ethnicity fighting on both sides of any war according to their own local, "tribal", parochial interests.
Very good observation I have the same opinion but unfortunately most people in present day society do not understand this, simply we or most of us are fed on nation state history and try to apply all this things in past history,when nation state and ideology like we know them today doesn't even existed.

Enough
Let me remember you my question:
You always destroy every thread here with your provocations.
Now i have a question for you. In the Siege of Candia in Crete, Venetians used among other troops Albanian stradioti, mostly catholics from North Albania but also some Orthodox Albanians from South. The Greeks fought with Venetians or against Venetians?
I don`t have any reason to search what you suggest me. Since you have some knowledge, you can share with us what you know following my example:

from Antonina Zhelyazkova's paper: Islamization in the Balkans as a Historiographical Problem: the Southeast-European Perspective in: The Ottomans and the Balkans, A Discussion of Historiography ed. Fikret Adanir, Suraiya Faroqhi

p 240-244
Moreover, numerous emigrants from
the Albanian provinces sought a living as mercenaries, and during the Veneto-Ottoman war for Crete (1644-1669) not only the Catholic northerners, but also some of the Orthodox inhabitants of the South, supported the Republic of Venice.
]
Did the Cretans fought against the Ottomans, or they joined them?

It`s simply historical interest. Are you suggesting that we need need to ask for permission to you before starting a thread?

It`s your problem. It will be very interesting if you share with us this battle of greeks.
You have nothing to say because you have no idea of what we are talking here.

The only thing that is going wrong here is your partecipation in this thread. It`s unbelievable for me how a man of your age, probably 50-60 years old, behave in this forum like an teeneager of 15-16 years old, attacking without reason people, ethnic groups and destroying every thread. Below you have an example of your behaviour:

SO I ASK YOU.

ARE YOU?

PS

come on,

his flag
Korkodeilos Kladas was an Albanian from Himara.
Ok, leave the others to illuminate that period.

then you will see far,
Albania was de facto an indipendente country at the beggining of the XIX century. Unfortunately the Great Powers supported the Ottomans in what can be considered an second occupation of Albania by the Ottomans, betraying the Albanians from one side and from the other side they sent an army and liberated your country. Learn some history before talking.

Kolokotronis,
major of British army,

Katsonis,
Admiral of Russian navy
Orlandos
Ypsilantis
for Russia a prince
etc etc,
even for foreign money.
Kolokotronis, i mean the warrior and the leader not the myth that you worship today, was an Arvanite, i.e. Albanian who was part for some time of the Albanian Regiment in the islands like many other notable Albanians.

@ LABERIA.

YOU STILL DO UNDERSTAND OR YOU SEEM NOT TO UNDERSTAND.

SEARCH. PAX KALLERGI
there is your answer.

IN FACT WHEN MERCENAIRIES CAME TO MY AREA
I MAYBE EVEN DO NOT LOOK THEIR ORIGIN,

SEARCH PAX KALLERGI
your answer is There.

come on Historian,
you have found rare sources,
that is an easy one.

People in the past didn't fight, support, oppose or in general made any political or military move based entirely and solely on ethnic lines. It's simply anachronistic and self-deceiving to try to project modern inter-ethnic relations or conflicts, and modern national feelings, onto pre-modern, particularly pre-modern nationalism people.
That observation is especially true of groups of mercenaries, who were usually willing to integrate to their hordes all kinds of foreign people who were willing to be helpful and respect their rules and customs, and of course were willing to work for and even adopt the social/cultural markers of whoever paid them a good amount of money. Irrespective of ethnic origins, their allegiances to this or that nation were tenuous at best. The best way to find reliable information about such ancient groups and understand them better is to avoid projecting present issues onto them and looking at them as some kind of 100% coherent and closed community. Most of the times they weren't, and you could see people from the very same ethnicity fighting on both sides of any war according to their own local, "tribal", parochial interests.
Excuse me but here we are talking about a specific case. If we follow your observation, we will never learn the truth, because we will cover everything with a kind of fog. The duty of an scholar is to enter in dettails and to remove the fog. I will be back to this argument but first i want to ask you as a moderator if you can you can guarantee us a normal discussion in this thread, because this member, Yetos, is destroying this thread.

So Now that you find it,
you surely Understand That Crete was under a Semi Independence.
And No Venician or other Western should be outside the allowed zones,

I think that is enough,
Kallergi manage a treaty that Allowed Venicians trade and defend their zones,
But not Crete,

That Treaty was so wise and good for both,
that not even pope Clement did not manage to broke,

now 350 years later happened something that is known as the siege of Candia Πολιορκια του Χανδακα,

But strange Ottomans also Respect that Treaty, until the Sultan Hamid 2nd,
NO Ottoman step outside the zones, Until the Egyptian occupation,
After Egyptian occupation started the countdown for Liberty,

NOTICE
3500 Venicians Left Handakas with safety.
Andrea Barrozi took 1400 Ducats
much more than Bonifat de Monferat took when sold Crete after 4rth Crusade,
220px-William_of_rosenberg_coin_1584_av.jpg

CRETANS DID NOT PARTICIPATE NEITHER with VENICIAN NEITHER WITH OTTOMANS,
TILL THE ORLOV'S REVOLT.

PAX KALLERGI was a rule to both Venicians and Ottomans,
Until tghe occupation by the Egyptians.

So now you understand the meaning of Alexios Kallergis treaty,

Cretans were neutrals, at the siege,
to fight for whom?
for Venicians or for Ottomans?

or to become Mercenairies?
MERCENAIRIES DO ΝΟΤ FIGHT FOR FAITH, OR TRIBE, OR NATION,

Let me remember you my question:

I don`t have any reason to search what you suggest me. Since you have some knowledge, you can share with us what you know following my example:

from Antonina Zhelyazkova's paper: Islamization in the Balkans as a Historiographical Problem: the Southeast-European Perspective in: The Ottomans and the Balkans, A Discussion of Historiography ed. Fikret Adanir, Suraiya Faroqhi

p 240-244

Did the Cretans fought against the Ottomans, or they joined them?

It`s simply historical interest. Are you suggesting that we need need to ask for permission to you before starting a thread?

It`s your problem. It will be very interesting if you share with us this battle of greeks.

You have nothing to say because you have no idea of what we are talking here.

The only thing that is going wrong here is your partecipation in this thread. It`s unbelievable for me how a man of your age, probably 50-60 years old, behave in this forum like an teeneager of 15-16 years old, attacking without reason people, ethnic groups and destroying every thread. Below you have an example of your behaviour:
Korkodeilos Kladas was an Albanian from Himara.

Ok, leave the others to illuminate that period.

Albania was de facto an indipendente country at the beggining of the XIX century. Unfortunately the Great Powers supported the Ottomans in what can be considered an second occupation of Albania by the Ottomans, betraying the Albanians from one side and from the other side they sent an army and liberated your country. Learn some history before talking.

Kolokotronis, i mean the warrior and the leader not the myth that you worship today, was an Arvanite, i.e. Albanian who was part for some time of the Albanian Regiment in the islands like many other notable Albanians.

LABERIA you live in the myth,
A Myth that you make by your Own,

Mercurio Boya
Korkondil Κλαδας from Χειμαρα !!!!!!!!
ΚΟΡΚΟΝΤΥΛ ΚΛΑΔΑ WOULD BE NOONE IF NOT MET DAIMONOGIANNI ΔΑΙΜΟΝΟΓΙΑΝΝΗΣ ΓΕΩΡΓΙΟΣ
WAS DAEMONOGIANNI ALSO ALBANIAN FROM CHIMARA?
DAIMONOGIANNI FOUGHT FOR VENICIANS UNTIL 1479. then he fought again at 1490 and died at 1493.
He died at 1490, The mentor of Klada to Stratioti.

That is why I love you guys,
cause everytime, you enter the same loop.

Last edited:
Ahh its always funny to see Yetos against everyone else :D

Mercurio Boya - Porco Giove :)

So Now that you find it,
you surely Understand That Crete was under a Semi Independence.
And No Venician or other Western should be outside the allowed zones,

I think that is enough,
Kallergi manage a treaty that Allowed Venicians trade and defend their zones,
But not Crete,

That Treaty was so wise and good for both,
that not even pope Clement did not manage to broke,

now 350 years later happened something that is known as the siege of Candia Πολιορκια του Χανδακα,

But strange Ottomans also Respect that Treaty, until the Sultan Hamid 2nd,
NO Ottoman step outside the zones, Until the Egyptian occupation,
After Egyptian occupation started the countdown for Liberty,

NOTICE
3500 Venicians Left Handakas with safety.
Andrea Barrozi took 1400 Ducats
much more than Bonifat de Monferat took when sold Crete after 4rth Crusade,
220px-William_of_rosenberg_coin_1584_av.jpg

CRETANS DID NOT PARTICIPATE NEITHER with VENICIAN NEITHER WITH OTTOMANS,
TILL THE ORLOV'S REVOLT.

PAX KALLERGI was a rule to both Venicians and Ottomans,
Until tghe occupation by the Egyptians.

So now you understand the meaning of Alexios Kallergis treaty,

Cretans were neutrals, at the siege,
to fight for whom?
for Venicians or for Ottomans?

or to become Mercenairies?
MERCENAIRIES DO ΝΟΤ FIGHT FOR FAITH, OR TRIBE, OR NATION,

No, i didn't find nothing and i don't understand what you are talking. Why don't you quote some scholar and in this way we can learn what you have in your mind?

Excuse me but here we are talking about a specific case. If we follow your observation, we will never learn the truth, because we will cover everything with a kind of fog. The duty of an scholar is to enter in dettails and to remove the fog. I will be back to this argument but first i want to ask you as a moderator if you can you can guarantee us a normal discussion in this thread, because this member, Yetos, is destroying this thread.

Oh, no, this comment of mine wasn't about this specific case of the origins of Stradioti. It was meant as a general response to the arguments between Yetos and other members about who fought for which empire, who can be proud for figthing for which side in this or that war, all that projection of modern biases, identities and political/cultural allegiances to people and circumstances from many centuries ago. That's just useless. In most large scale wars within empires, you'd always see people from the same ethnicity fighting either for or against the empire, for or against any other interest group or state, because people, especially mercenaries, didn't make their decisions based just on religious or ethnic lines, this is nothing but a modern nationalist myth with the exception of some rare occasions where a people really formed strong alliances based on their common culture or at least belonging to a common homeland. There were even Muslims fighting for the Byzantine Empire and Christians fighting alongside the Seljuks during the conquest of Asia Minor, for example. So, it doesn't matter if some Albanians fought for the Turks, or some Greeks fought for or against Venetians, or whatever. They were not representatives of their entire nation/ethnicity there, there were many other, usually more parochial or even personal interests involved in those conflicts.

Now, you're right when you tell me that this topic really needs some moderation, so...

Yetos, please refrain from this conspiratorial and adversarial tone against the other members, even if they were discussing things that you think are false or wrong that doesn't mean there is a whole hidden "conspiracy" to spread this or that myth to undermine your people or anything else. Calm down a bit and please try to debate with the other members of the forum in a more polite, self-contained and understandable (the lack of clarity of some of your posts may be causing some confusion), because this thread is really becoming too divisive and messy, and your attitude until now is only contributing to that negative outcome.

No, i didn't find nothing and i don't understand what you are talking. Why don't you quote some scholar and in this way we can learn what you have in your mind?

for what?

For Pax Kallergi?
or for Andrea Barozzi?

palazzo-vendramin-calergi.jpg

Vendramin - Kalergi.

as for the info

Search the 'Fede Amorosa', a thetrical play
Dedicated to Kalergi family and Kalerga Kalergi
Venice 1620.

for Andrea Barozzi
I am sure you can find a lot in Intranet.

one of the top writers for Candia
is Ιωαννης 'Κομνενος' Παπαδοπουλος
his books Occio
in Italian Zuane 'Comneno' papadopoli from Padova
he was not a Comnenos, he just used that title.

Qui tandem habito refpe£tu , quòd pax femper bonum inducebat , guerra verò malum , contenti fuerunt ad pacem & concordiam cum Venetis pervenire ; Cujus guerræ ... De reverfione Alexii Calergi ad Nuncios Januenfium. f H Ic Alexius tempore guerræ cum 3anuenfìbus nuper præteritæ per folemnes eorum.

Rerum Italicares Scriptores ....

@ Berun you ask something

ASV, Senato Mar, reg. 21, 158r-159rDie XVII suprascripti mensis [MDXXIX maii]Serenissimi Principi etexcellentissimo ducale DominioPerche e peculiar instituto di questo excellentissimo stato verso chi cum fede ilserve usar et munificentia et gratitudine, il fidelissimo et devoto servo di vostra SerenitaZuan Paleologo fo de miser Zorzi ha preso confidentia comparer al conspectodi quella pensandose che le opere et fede usate verso il vostro illustrissimo Dominioper lui expectante, d. Nicolo Paleologo suo fratello, Rali Paleologo fio del dicto dominoNicolo et sui progenitori, Γ habino facto benemerito et degno di la gratia divostra illustrissima Signoria et maxime de d. Constantin, Manoli et Zorzi Paleologofratelli. Del qual d. Zorzi dicto expectante et d. Nicolo Paleologo furon figli. Alii qualtre fratelli, d. Manoli che fu mandato per il q. clarissimo d. Antonio Loredan, chealhora era capitano general alia Morea per cose importantissime del stato vostro,dove pervenuto ale mano de Mesich Bassa, che era suo zerman, il fece scortegar vivoet impita la pelle de paglia la mando alia Porta. D. Constantin essendo sta preso aLepanto, dove de mandato de la illustrissima Signoria vostra Γ era capo de strathiotiet reducto a Constantinopoli fu segato per mezo vivo solum per el cognome diPaieologi. Et a d. Georgio padre de dicto expectante et d. Nicolo Paleologo sui figlioli,quali dali sui primi anni semper han servito fidelmente et in ogni occorrentia etvissuti sotto la felicissima umbra di vostra Serenita come etiam ha facto RaliPaleologo fiol del dicto d. Nicolo. Le opere et fede di quali deno esser note alillustrissimo Senato vostro et assai piu a vui serenissimo Principe, che in tute leproxime passate guerre ben ha visto vostra Serenita li pretamenti et fede di essi etmaxime del dicto Rali Paleologo. II qual Rali Paleologo ultimo loco alia impresa deManfredonia da inimici fu crudelmente morto, ηό molto dopoi pere le molte vigilie et strachi morse dicto d. Nicolo suo padre, lassati cinque figlioli pupilli, uno masculoet quatro femine in gran poverta et sopra le spalle de lui povero supplicante.Per il che stantibus premissis essendo degno de la bona gratia de vostra Serenita,qual mai abandono li suoi servitori, humiliter supplica che lei per sua innata bonta etdementia se degni abbrazzar dicti poveri pupilli orfani et concederli per il viver etmaridar de dicte fie in vita sua et de cadauno de essi figlioli li ducati XXti, havea dictoq. d. Nicolo Paleologo et li ducati 10 similiter per ogni paga che havea dicto q. RaliPaleologo tuti do alia Camera de Vicenza, ac etiam li ducati XX per paga a pagequatro all' anno che dicto supplicante scuode alia Camera de Cephalonia, similitersiano concessi a dicti fioli ut supra dapoi la sua morte. qual desidera sia alii servitiide la Sublimita vostra come e stata quella de li prenominati progenitori, fratello etnepoti, accio cum tal suffragio possino substentar la vita sua et gustar de la gratia dela Sublimita vostra et maritar dicte fie come e solito di quella verso li suoi benemeriti,alia bona gratia de la qual humiliter et flexis genibus se riccomanda.Et perche da poi che vostra Sublimita ha commessa la presente supplica et precealii signori Savii de Terraferma le morto d. Joanne Paleologo nostro barba et padreadeo che nui poveri pupilli derelicti et abandonati prostrati supplicamo, che laCelsitudine vostra per sua innata dementia vogli compassioname et provedeme accionon andiamo remengi, perche manchato dicto d. Joanne barba et piu che padre, elqual ne nutriva. non havemo altrove riccorrer che alii piedi di vostra Serenita.

Die XI mensis maijL' andera parte che attesa la longa servitu, meriti et fede de li q. strenui d. NicoloPaleologo et Rali suo figliolo capi nostri de strathioti ultimamente morti ne laimpresa de Puglia et del strenuo d. Zuane Paleologo suo fratello li prossimi giomimorto in questa cita, sia per autorita di questo Conseglio concesso alii figlioli predictidel dicto q. Nicolo li ducati XX per paga chel q. d. Zuane havra alia Camera de laCephalonia a page quatro all' anno per sustentatione loro et maritar de le fie di essoq. Nicolo come dimandano et quando el figliolo sera in eta idonea, essendo apto aliamilitia, non se li habia ad manchar di quel conveniente favore che e solita prestate laSignoria nostra alii figlioli de li benemeriti nostri.

This thread has been viewed 53343 times.

Back