Is your brain more Western or more Eastern? - part 1

The flower at the bottom belongs more in:

• Total voters
You say that if we include the subject flower into group A, then we have a group defined by the number of ways each member differs, which is one, correct?

Exactly. Thanks for understanding even though I wrote groupe B instead of group A in the first paragraphe. -_-

People who put the flower into group A are looking for a balance between the different elements, while people who chose group B are looking for an absolute element, regardless of how the other fits.

That being said, there may be something else at play, which the searcher didn't account for. I'm into gardening and sorting flowers by the stem only is plain heresy! xD

Exactly. Thanks for understanding even though I wrote groupe B instead of group A in the first paragraphe. -_-

People who put the flower into group A are looking for a balance between the different elements, while people who chose group B are looking for an absolute element, regardless of how the other fits.

That being said, there may be something else at play, which the searcher didn't account for. I'm into gardening and sorting flowers by the stem only is plain heresy! xD
Sure you're very welcome! It makes sense that your gardening background led you to that answer

A

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

A

Oh yeah the motivation: i dont think I ever drew as a achild ore even saw a drawing of flowers with thorny petals

I chose A. 3/4 flowers have round petal, 3/4 flowers have single circle center and 3/4 have a leave. Only 1/4 has the right stem, but everything else is right.

In group B, 1/4 flower has the right petal, 1/4 has the right center and 1/4 has a leave. Sure they all have the right stem, but everything else is wrong.

I wanted to write something, but this post summarizes my view exactly. It is difficult for me to imagine somebody choosing B.

A - based on an overall aesthetic (non-analytic) response.

To which group of flowers does the flower at the bottom belong: A or B:

ATlK6Jk.jpg
To both equally. I am looking at the parts and their matches.
Pedal set: A 3 B 1
1 leaf: A 3 B 1
Stem: A 0 B 4
But for some reason, A just feels right.

Chose A, makes more sense for me with the 3 flowers having a leaf.

Yea. To me the flower had more similarities with A than B. Especially with the first flower, with only the stem being different.

The flower goes with group B because they share the same stem. That's more important than if it sprouted a leaf or not.

I look at it this way. The STEM comes first, because it is closer to the origin, the ROOTS. The leaves and the bud to form the head come out of the stem.

The question can be re expressed: Lets replace the flower with a dog named Joe . In one group A is dogs that share Joe's color and of different breeds. In group B is dogs of Joe's breed but different colors.

If anything, this thread indicates that perception is more or less a choice.

The flower looks like a hybrid.

Chose A, makes more sense for me with the 3 flowers having a leaf.

I have always drawn flowers with such petals, but never a video of a sharp shape, except perhaps asters. So I put A because there are more leaves there.

A? The forms match A? At least the top parts and leaves.

The stems match on B, but more attributes match in A?

This thread has been viewed 19881 times.

Back