Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Here we go again: Right wing nationalism on the rise again in Europe

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorcs View Post
    Okay, so the implication is that that "horrendous" 0.1-0.3% of Muslim people in the country is a sign of awful things yet to come if nothing is done... It still doesn't explain why on earth this is considered a top priority of the country's politics, especially as they keep ignoring the awful youth and brain drain, the unsustainable demographic trends, obstacles to higher productivity growth and much more. If this was about the USA, Germany or even France or the UK, I'd try harder to be understanding, but, frankly, considering the present context it all sounds like a bit of historic grudge mixed with a lot of paranoia, sensationalism and political diversion.
    Sweet dreams Ygorcs.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by gyms View Post
    How Islam Became The Fastest Growing Religion In Europe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOeAWy2vTCA

Islam fastest growing religion in UK as churches decline
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqrFK4-OfQ

Muslims want ‘Islamic conquest of Europe’, Austrian cardinal says
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRjvSJ01S8

Douglas Murray - The Strange Death of Europe II
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nI5l8OCHeY
    gyms, I believe you are so scared of the world that you are missing on life. This is not healthy.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Banned Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Level

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    gyms, I believe you are so scared of the world that you are missing on life. This is not healthy.
    Pew Research Center has modeled three scenarios that vary depending on future levels of migration.
    http://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/e...im-population/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRnFQUOawQ

Level

George Soros is visiting Brussels..

http://fidesz-eu.hu/en/george-soros-brussels/

A week after the elections George Soros travelled to Brussels to hold talks with the Vice President of the European Commission
    https://thehungaryjournal.wordpress....not-back-down/

George Soros has pledged an extra £100,000 to a campaign to keep Britain in the EU
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43030870

Facts are facts,dottore.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Believable fake news for you, ha? I bet it confirms your bias. Anyway, if you believe it you should like Soros then. You like hyper nationalism and protection of white christian race, right?

Level

Fake news? So he is lying... Protection of white christian race?How many races are there?Is Soros blue?Or green?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Vjp89vmYQ

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Fake news? So he is lying... Protection of white christian race?How many races are there?Is Soros blue?Or green?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Vjp89vmYQ
    You just don't understand what he means, because of your bies. Don't you want to protect white and christian character of Sweden?

Level

I want to protect my security,democacy,equality,neutrality........the swedish way of life. What's wrong with that?
    I want to live in peace and quiet.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

I want to protect my security,democacy,equality,neutrality........the swedish way of life. What's wrong with that?
    I want to live in peace and quiet.
    Me too, and I have it in here Canada together with races and religions from around the globe. I have no idea why is it so existentially importance for you to keep Sweden white and christian then?!!!

Level

Me too, and I have it in here Canada together with races and religions from around the globe. I have no idea why is it so existentially importance for you to keep Sweden white and christian then?!!!
    Why not?
    It's not the only thing you don't understand and you will never undestand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGXoswgrwtE

1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Muslims want ‘Islamic conquest of Europe’, Austrian cardinal says
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRjvSJ01S8
    I only take cardinals seriously when they teach about marital affairs and sex

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Why not?
    Because it is racism and it is wrong! Why is it wrong? Because it creates conflicts and killed millions of people around the world through centuries!!! Besides, if you believe in this, you can't be Christian. Christ embraced, helped and taught to love, all people of all races and religions. What kind of Christian are you?
    It's not the only thing you don't understand and you will never undestand.
    What not to understand? You subscribe to tribalism, one of basic human social instincts. In your case, the instinct is very pronounced. Simple like this. We don't need psychologist, new hypothesis or supernatural world to explain it. Everybody has it in some degree, me too. In your case, it is extreme, and I know many people like you. And it is hard for them to find themselves in today's shrinking world and feel good about future. I know how it works. And I know it is not good for the world, or for personal health and future. This way of thinking turned catastrophic in its consequences in 20 century when over 100 millions people died just in Europe. From the hatred of the other "tribe", which means nation, religion and subrace. Tribalism didn't bring anything good in the modern world. It is bad.

The problem for you however is that tribalism is in conflict with Christ teaching. If you want to subscribe to tribalism, you can't be christian, period!

Moderator Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,006
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Ethnic group
    Multiracial Brazilian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Pew Research Center has modeled three scenarios that vary depending on future levels of migration.
    http://www.pewforum.org/2017/11/29/e...im-population/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsRnFQUOawQ
    That's a good study that just proves what I have said before: if this debate is done in Western Europe or in Northern Europe, I definitely agree that it is necessary to have a serious collective decision on limits to immigration because the society and economy just can't integrate and assimilate so many people so rapidly, and this could trigger increasing problems, HOWEVER it's also demonstrated that many Eastern European states where panic against immigration is even higher than in the West are being really over the top and choosing it as a convenient priority to divert people's attention from much more structural and chronic problems that are entirely internal (and, of course, are inconvenient to powerful politicians because they were caused in a large part by the policies enacted by those politicians in the past). Those countries who are leaning to the right in worrisome ways are not Sweden or Germany, they don't experience any significant population replacement AT ALL, and all the objective data confirm that (those fantasy scenarios of agenda-driven nutcases don't matter).

Poland is estimated to have 0.2% of Muslims in 2050, the Czech Republic 1.2%, Hungary 4.5%, Romania 0.9% - and that is in the HIGH MIGRATION SCENARIO (which the study itself acknowledges that is most unlikely because it assumes that the rat of the record years of migration crisis will simply go on indefinitely). If we consider the MOST PLAUSIBLE scenario, which is the MIDDLE one, the numbers are even less conducive to all this sensationalist panic: 1.3% for Hungary, 1.1% for Czech Republic, 0.8% for Romania, 0.2% Poland.

Oh the barbarian hordes are coming! - just not. Meanwhile, I'm sure those nations have much more pressing and, even worse, structural issues that they aren't simply discussing much at all how to solve while they still can before things get more complicated and, hopefully, even before they suffer the worst consequences of their alarming demographic decline.

One doesn't have to be a genius to notice that, in this matter, Hungary and, even much less so, Poland aren't remotely comparable to Sweden or Germany. One also doesn't have to be a genius to notice that France, which has the highest Muslim population now, is supposed to have less Muslims than other countries in 2050, for the very simple reason that the French people as a whole still has a moderately sustainable pattern of fertility, birth and death rates. They are still willing to make families. But for some other nations it's better to pretend that there is "no social and economic problems" at all with their countries' socio-economic system to make fertility rates drop to as low as 1.1.

OverdriveVeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 363

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Vertrieben, Mein Land
    Vertreiben, Mein Land
    Vergessen, Mein Land
    Nirgends kann ich bleiben
    Mein Land
    ΟΘΕΝ ΑΙΔΩΣ OY EINAI
    ΑΤΗ ΛΑΜΒΑΝΕΙΝ ΑΥΤΟΙΣ
    ΥΒΡΙΣ ΓΕΝΝΑΤΑΙ
    ΝΕΜΕΣΙΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΣΗ ΑΚΟΛΟΥΘΟΥΣΙ ΔΕ

When there is no shame
    Divine blindness conquers them
    Hybris (abuse, opprombium) is born
    Nemesis and punishment follows.

Εχε υπομονη Ηρωα
    Η τιμωρια δεν αργει.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorcs View Post
    That's a good study that just proves what I have said before: if this debate is done in Western Europe or in Northern Europe, I definitely agree that it is necessary to have a serious collective decision on limits to immigration because the society and economy just can't integrate and assimilate so many people so rapidly, and this could trigger increasing problems, HOWEVER it's also demonstrated that many Eastern European states where panic against immigration is even higher than in the West are being really over the top and choosing it as a convenient priority to divert people's attention from much more structural and chronic problems that are entirely internal (and, of course, are inconvenient to powerful politicians because they were caused in a large part by the policies enacted by those politicians in the past). Those countries who are leaning to the right in worrisome ways are not Sweden or Germany, they don't experience any significant population replacement AT ALL, and all the objective data confirm that (those fantasy scenarios of agenda-driven nutcases don't matter).

Poland is estimated to have 0.2% of Muslims in 2050, the Czech Republic 1.2%, Hungary 4.5%, Romania 0.9% - and that is in the HIGH MIGRATION SCENARIO (which the study itself acknowledges that is most unlikely because it assumes that the rat of the record years of migration crisis will simply go on indefinitely). If we consider the MOST PLAUSIBLE scenario, which is the MIDDLE one, the numbers are even less conducive to all this sensationalist panic: 1.3% for Hungary, 1.1% for Czech Republic, 0.8% for Romania, 0.2% Poland.

Oh the barbarian hordes are coming! - just not. Meanwhile, I'm sure those nations have much more pressing and, even worse, structural issues that they aren't simply discussing much at all how to solve while they still can before things get more complicated and, hopefully, even before they suffer the worst consequences of their alarming demographic decline.

One doesn't have to be a genius to notice that, in this matter, Hungary and, even much less so, Poland aren't remotely comparable to Sweden or Germany. One also doesn't have to be a genius to notice that France, which has the highest Muslim population now, is supposed to have less Muslims than other countries in 2050, for the very simple reason that the French people as a whole still has a moderately sustainable pattern of fertility, birth and death rates. They are still willing to make families. But for some other nations it's better to pretend that there is "no social and economic problems" at all with their countries' socio-economic system to make fertility rates drop to as low as 1.1.
    Well put and taken things in perspective. It shouldn't really matter what religion or none is in Europe or not. What should matter is that European populations as well as immigrants believe in freedom, tolerance, inclusiveness, equality, democracy and all other ideals of the Western Culture. And of course immigration should be balanced to economy of a country. The only problem so far I have with immigration is acceptance of very culturally and religiously conservative people into the West. It is not good for these immigrants and not good for a host country. It creates isolated minorities, ghettos, cultural conflicts, hatred, divisions, and possibility of western freedoms being hijacked by intolerance and ruined.

Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 320

Ethnic group
    Polish/German/Jewish/Rh-

Quote Originally Posted by Yetos View Post

Vertrieben, Mein Land
    Vertreiben, Mein Land
    Vergessen, Mein Land
    Nirgends kann ich bleiben
    Mein Land
    He feels chased from his country? Germany has chased away far too many people for me to feel any sort of anything towards such a non-statement.

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Ethnic group
    Ibrico

Rammstein go group, the only song in Spanish is "I love you *****" why?
    One consoles himself by considering, that unfortunately there are prostitutes everywhere.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by ROS View Post
    Rammstein go group, the only song in Spanish is "I love you *****" why?
    One consoles himself by considering, that unfortunately there are prostitutes everywhere.
    Spanish can also be Latin
    and are not spoken only in Spain
    Don't you think?

1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Ethnic group
    Ibrico

I insist unfortunately prostitutes are everywhere.

Banned Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 26.0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Yes, but the best prostitutes in the world are in Russia, Putin himself said this.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a3a
    MtDNA haplogroup
    X2b

Ethnic group
    Makedonian original

Quote Originally Posted by LABERIA View Post
    Yes, but the best prostitutes in the world are in Russia, Putin himself said this.

Ramstein song, 'Moscow'
    Ramstein song 'Te quiero .....'
    Ramstein song 'Das model' Kraftwerk remaster

Level

Because it is racism and it is wrong! Why is it wrong? Because it creates conflicts and killed millions of people around the world through centuries!!! Besides, if you believe in this, you can't be Christian. Christ embraced, helped and taught to love, all people of all races and religions. What kind of Christian are you?
    What not to understand? You subscribe to tribalism, one of basic human social instincts. In your case, the instinct is very pronounced. Simple like this. We don't need psychologist, new hypothesis or supernatural world to explain it. Everybody has it in some degree, me too. In your case, it is extreme, and I know many people like you. And it is hard for them to find themselves in today's shrinking world and feel good about future. I know how it works. And I know it is not good for the world, or for personal health and future. This way of thinking turned catastrophic in its consequences in 20 century when over 100 millions people died just in Europe. From the hatred of the other "tribe", which means nation, religion and subrace. Tribalism didn't bring anything good in the modern world. It is bad.

The problem for you however is that tribalism is in conflict with Christ teaching. If you want to subscribe to tribalism, you can't be christian, period!
    "Because it is racism and it is wrong!"

Enjoy the movie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2VQjSgpso

Have a great time!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AediQLpoGGM

Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Overall activity: 7.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b/ E-V22

Ethnic group
    North Sea Germanic

Here we go again: Right wing nationalism on the rise again in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    In Hungarian elections, 70% of the vote went to right wing nationalist parties.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43693663

Well, in their case, their last really "autochthonous" government was a fascist one, so there you go.
    Generally speaking there is an uphheal of right wing populist party's all over Europe.
    Beneath that there are differences....
    For Hungary there a specific factors like the decline in some area's, young talented people moving to the west etc. The idea with fall of the own curtain the differences with NW Europe would more and more disappear is on the whole did not come through. I guess the idea being in decline is a big factor behind this all.
    And don't forget that the revolt in the sixties was in Eastern Europe to defend national rights against the Sovjet Union. In the West it was more flower power like.
    As a result the biggest right wing populist party of the Netherlands is defending gay rights in a way that would be impossible in Eastern Europe or even in the US (Trump).

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast