What's your theory on your mt-haplogroup ?

IronSide

Elite member
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2c2
mtDNA haplogroup
T2e1
Its a nice idea for a thread, everyone can share their theories on why they descend from their maternal line, what cultures, events, and migrations lead to your result ?

Mine is T2e1, it has a European Mediterranean, East Meditteranean, and North European distribution, low levels from 0-3%. In Europe, the oldest occurrence is Neolithic farmers.

Some age estimates for T2e are 10000 to 8000 years ago, well within the context of the Neolithic age, given its association with European farmers, its presence in the Levant, Egypt, and Arabia is due to the southern movement of Anatolian farmer ancestry to the Natufians, combining with them to form PPNB ancestry.

It also has a lesser distribution in Iran, Pakistan, and Central Asia, we know from the recent south Asian paper that Anatolian farmer ancestry reached this far into Asia.

N1b2 - perhaps Italian, but I reckon it's Anatolian, or maybe just plain Levantine. It's entirely possible that it is originally Italian though - I think they found one N1b2 among the Lombards

K1a1a- origin in Near East, into Europe with Farmer migration. My line to U.S. likely from Scandinavia or British Isles.

Mine is H1h1 which is a really rare subclade one but it's found mostly in Germany, Austria, Britain, it can be a Germanic-Celtic haplogroup possibility and what i know is that it's very young

Very Interesting... It’s told that mine( mtdna H15) was present in indoeuropean tribes( this is written in Eupedia web) ... so it was correlated with R1b men .. Have a nice day!

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Mine is J1c2b; this clade is found only in the British Isles, which is precisely where it came from; my maternal grandmother's maternal grandmother was from County Waterford in Ireland.

I'm r1a and my theory is: neolithic variation of R, in the Caucasus, archaeological evidence in Catacomb culture, no idea how it got to Britain, but I can trace back my maternal line to 1715 in Lancashire.

I'm r1a and my theory is: neolithic variation of R, in the Caucasus, archaeological evidence in Catacomb culture, no idea how it got to Britain, but I can trace back my maternal line to 1715 in Lancashire.

Really interesting your mtdna !

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

This thread has been viewed 5776 times.

Back