Results of LivingDNA from Italy

Angela, what would be your diagnosis for the results ??? I am grandson of Italians (Veneto) by father and grandson of Spanish (Galicia) by mother ...

Angela, what would be your diagnosis for the results ??? I am grandson of Italians (Veneto) by father and grandson of Spanish (Galicia) by mother ...

Given the "relative" closeness of Spaniards and Northern Italians, that "Iberian" result is suspect. It probably includes part of your "Veneto" ancestry.

Can you upload your raw data to gedmatch? If you can, do it, and see what the calculators show you.

Once you've done that, input your coordinates for the various calculators into the Vahaduo calculator (which has a dedicated thread) and see what that shows in terms of ancients. All of that is free.

LivingDNA raw results are pretty close to Ancestry DNA results. Admixture results however are strange so follow Angela's advice and upload them to Gedmatch or another of the other online free services. You can also download Admixture Studio from dnagenics.com.

is you ancestor
OLIVO ALBERTIN who married Cattarina Ferro 1823-1879 at Cavazere ?

had a son Pierro Antonio Giuseppe ALBERTIN 1853-1921 married Domenica Crepaldi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavarzere

Yes Torzio!!!
Olivo was my great-grandfather and Pietro my great-grandfather ...
Do you know this family from Cavarzere ??

Hi Angela, I've the opposite problem. I'm half spanish frommother's side and when i go to gedmatch north italian is my biggest or second biggest match. On 23and me v5 i've only 0,6% italian but with v4 i had something like 7% italian. what do you think about it? it's very confusing for me :D. thx

Hi Angela, I've the opposite problem. I'm half spanish frommother's side and when i go to gedmatch north italian is my biggest or second biggest match. On 23and me v5 i've only 0,6% italian but with v4 i had something like 7% italian. what do you think about it? it's very confusing for me :D. thx

In general terms, Italy is "Central" Mediterranean, in between "West Mediterranean" people like the Iberians, and "SE Mediterranean people like Greeks. Albanians aren't all that far from Greeks, so I'm not at all surprised that a half Iberian/half Albanian would come out rather North Italian.

If I'm remembering correctly, Tardis Blue, who is half Neapolitan and half Northern French also comes out as Northern Italian. (Apologies, Tardis Blue, if that isn't correct. :))

In a far more extreme example, if you take someone who is half British and half Chinese they'll show up as Uigher, which is, of course, completely wrong.

You have to know how to interpret these test results.

I feel really sorry for adoptees who follow absolutely incorrect lines of inquiry after testing.

In general terms, Italy is "Central" Mediterranean, in between "West Mediterranean" people like the Iberians, and "SE Mediterranean people like Greeks. Albanians aren't all that far from Greeks, so I'm not at all surprised that a half Iberian/half Albanian would come out rather North Italian.

If I'm remembering correctly, Tardis Blue, who is half Neapolitan and half Northern French also comes out as Northern Italian. (Apologies, Tardis Blue, if that isn't correct. :))

That's absolutely correct Angela :) Indeed, I invariably come out as Northern Italian in almost all calculators.

I ran the test with Living DNA a couple of years ago, not with my salivary specimen, but by uploading my raw data to their platform. From the results assigned to me, I always had the impression of having a sort of Frankenstein monster, assembled with the averages of North, West, South Europe and the Middle East. Perhaps correct from a mere statistical point of view, but coarse enough to analyze the autosomal of most of the southern Europeans

Your recent ancestry results

Europe
89.8%

Europe (South)

77.6%

North Italy

28.3%

South Italy

20.6%

Tuscany

12.8%

Aegean

8.5%

Iberian Peninsula

5.9%

Sardinia

1.5%

Europe (North and West)

9.9%

Scandinavia

9.9%

Great Britain and Ireland

2.3%

Orkney Islands

2.3%

Near East
10.2%

North Turkey

8.4%

Kurdish

1.8%

20200113_225420.jpg

Sent from my SM-J730F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Living dna is the only test that give me 12% north italian ....🤔
that should raise some questions ..... (i did the test with my saliva not upload although before they changed there chip )

Like Stuvanè, I uploaded my raw data to Living DNA. I found it pretty incorrect, considering my background:

Europe (South)
78.3%

Iberian Peninsula
39.6%

North Italy
21.1%

Aegean
15.4%

Sardinia
2.2%

Europe (North and West)
21.7%

France
21.7%

In my situation, the most accurate test was MyHeritage (raw data uploaded from FTDNA), that gave me 54.1% Italian, 42.4% Iberian, 2.1% Ashkenazi Jewish and 1.4% Middle Eastern, which is pretty consistent with my half italian (3/4 venetian and 1/4 south tuscan) and half portuguese (central) ancestry.

cescut
nice results :)
but the east balkan look weird to me :unsure:
unless they read your Slovenian or austrian ancestry as the source to it .......
if anything you should have scored west balkan or pannonia instead of the east balkan
regards
adam

p.s
i am telling you this because i myself score east balkan
but my granny was bulgarian so it is logic in my case

Yes, I guessed so. I read the "scandinavia" element as germanic and the "east balkan" one as slavic in my case. At the end of the day these labels are just good proxy of a stabilized blend of other elements, as such and being myself a mixed blood I think the results are fine.

yes probably your Slovenian + Slovakian genes are represented here by east balkan
i agree it is the slavic genes that in a mixed heritage person could be expressed this way
kind regards
adam

thx angela. it's what I thought without being sure. but i've another question about the same thing and again i don't know how to think about it. in mytrueancestry it's logic that i match with roman samples but i've also deep dive matches...

Hello Torzio, how are you ?? I was curious about your question if I give descendant of Olivo Albertin, Cavarzere ... Are you also a descendant of this family? greetings!!

Angela, I used the Vahaduo tool as suggested and as a result for ancient DNA gave close proximity to the Scythians, Lombards and Iberia Muslin ... For recent DNA gave almost all Spain and Portugal and also all northern Italy and Tuscany .. does this keep me as ítalo celtic or another group ??

Hello Torzio, how are you ?? I was curious about your question if I give descendant of Olivo Albertin, Cavarzere ... Are you also a descendant of this family? greetings!!

I answered your private message

regards

Update of Living DNA results:

• Europe
    92.8%

• Europe (South)

86.5%

• North Italy
        33.6%

• Tuscany
        23.6%

• South Italy
        18.7%

• East Iberia
        10.6%

• Europe (North and West)

6.3%

• South Germanic
        6.3%

• Near East
    7.2%

• South Caucasus

7.2%

The same happened for my father’s results ... 100% Aegean [emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

This thread has been viewed 33155 times.

Back