Results of LivingDNA from Italy

N

Norditaliano

Hallo, I'm from North East of Italy, this is the results of the "Complete" section. What do you think? Thank you

Europe 90.2%

Europe (South) 57.9% North Italy 18.8% Tuscany 12.3% South Italy 9.9% Iberian Peninsula 9.5% Aegean 5.8% Sardinia 1.5%
Europe (North and West) 19.4% France 14.4% Scandinavia 2.6% Germanic 2.3%
Europe (East) 9.2% West Balkans 5.1% East Balkans 4.2%
Great Britain and Ireland 3.7% England and Wales 3.7%

Near East 9.8%

North Turkey 5.2% Kurdish 2.9% Iran 1.7%

Interesting. I have several French-speaking Belgians with higher percentages of Tuscany (up to 20%). Actually most of them have over 10%.

Interesting. I have several French-speaking Belgians with higher percentages of Tuscany (up to 20%). Actually most of them have over 10%.

Hallo Maciamo, can you explain me the differences between the section "Complete", "Standard" and "Cautious" in Living DNA? Thank you

That's a high amount of Asian admixture even for a northern Italian

Hallo Maciamo, can you explain me the differences between the section "Complete", "Standard" and "Cautious" in Living DNA? Thank you

It is just the difference of confidence levels for each ancestry. The complete mode is the most interesting.

At present British ancestry in overestimated, but this should be fixed in later versions.

Ehi ! Ciao ! Mizzica sei un bel mix di cose... pensando anche ai miei risultati ... my European percentage is higher than yours (94.5) , my Europe south percentage is higher also(74,5) ,my Tuscan is percentage is lower ( sul 7%) , I have not any south Italy component, nor any iberian component, mt Aegean is 64,5%( essendo albanese) and the Sardinian componenf is the same as yours... etc etc

Per curiosità... have you got your y/ mtdna ?

Mine being I2 ( CTS10028)
Mtdna - H(H15)

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Dimenticavo.... strano che a un albanese come me non abbiano rilevato niente di ‘Near east’.. perché a quanto pare a te sì ...

The high percentage of near East is maybe due at the influence of the Republic of Venice? I'm from Veneto

Thank you for your reply! Maybe is so( referring to the ‘Veneto’ contest) Buona giornata !

It is just the difference of confidence levels for each ancestry. The complete mode is the most interesting.

At present British ancestry in overestimated, but this should be fixed in later versions.

I value your expertise, experience, and insight.
In your opinion which DNA Testing Company provides the most accurate Autosomal/Ancestry Results ?
Which Company Results should we reference as proof of Ancestry when posting on Eupedia ?
Which Company we should NOT Reference to make a point?
Thanks in advance Maciamo.

I need your help for the interpretation of the results, thank you

Hallo, I'm from North East of Italy, this is the results of the "Complete" section. What do you think? Thank you

Europe 90.2%

Europe (South) 57.9% North Italy 18.8% Tuscany 12.3% South Italy 9.9% Iberian Peninsula 9.5% Aegean 5.8% Sardinia 1.5%
Europe (North and West) 19.4% France 14.4% Scandinavia 2.6% Germanic 2.3%
Europe (East) 9.2% West Balkans 5.1% East Balkans 4.2%
Great Britain and Ireland 3.7% England and Wales 3.7%
Near East 9.8% North Turkey 5.2% Kurdish 2.9% Iran 1.7%

Have you uploaded your raw data on Gedmatch Genesis? If so, can you post your Harappa and Eurogenes K15 results?

LivingDNA has likely a problem with the North Italy reference population, many North Italians score small percentages of North Italy, and usually not more than 15/20%. On the other hand, North Italians can score also over 30% of Great Britain and Ireland, and this move them too far north-west, and so there is need for a reference population rich in CHG to put them back into position.

I've seen a similar pattern in a couple of persons who are mix of Ligurian and Veneto, so a mix of north western and north eastern Italian. They both score very low North Italy (one of the two scores 5% North Italy!), not more than 50/60% South European, over 30% of Great Britain and Ireland or Europe North and West (one of the two scores 39% of Great Britain and Ireland), and they both have around 5-10% of Kurdish/Iran/Pashtun.... There are even fully British people who score a bit of it.

Have you uploaded your raw data on Gedmatch Genesis? If so, can you post your Harappa and Eurogenes K15 results?

LivingDNA has likely a problem with the North Italy reference population, many North Italians score small percentages of North Italy, and usually not more than 15/20%. On the other hand, North Italians can score also over 30% of Great Britain and Ireland, and this move them too far north-west, and so there is need for a reference population rich in CHG to put them back into position.

I've seen a similar pattern in a couple of persons who are mix of Ligurian and Veneto, so a mix of north western and north eastern Italian. They both score very low North Italy (one of the two scores 5% North Italy!), not more than 50/60% South European, over 30% of Great Britain and Ireland or Europe North and West (one of the two scores 39% of Great Britain and Ireland), and they both have around 5-10% of Kurdish/Iran/Pashtun.... There are even fully British people who score a bit of it.

Thank you Pax Augusta, what is Gedmatch Genesis? I'm very pivellino

Thank you Pax Augusta, what is Gedmatch Genesis? I'm very pivellino

Iscriviti qui sotto e carica il tuo raw data (Generic Uploads (23andme, FTDNA, AncestryDNA, most others). In poche ore puoi utilizzare i tool di gedmatch che servono ad analizzare il tuo genoma. Sono tutti strumenti amatoriali ma siccome esiste ormai un pattern consolidato, se ne possono ricavare comunque delle informazioni utili.

https://genesis.gedmatch.com/

I value your expertise, experience, and insight.
In your opinion which DNA Testing Company provides the most accurate Autosomal/Ancestry Results ?
Which Company Results should we reference as proof of Ancestry when posting on Eupedia ?
Which Company we should NOT Reference to make a point?
Thanks in advance Maciamo.

I have reviewed all the ancestral DNA tests here. At present none of the autosomal report can be said to be totally accurate. The most interesting report is Living DNA and their report is going to get much better thanks to the One Family One World Project.

maciamo dont forget that they are using imputation
it can effect results .....
it is pretty different from my ftdna raw data especialy in the european components of eurogenes k36.....
i still think living dna is good test because you get all the package for a fair price{ autosomal+y dna+mtdna}

The high percentage of near East is maybe due at the influence of the Republic of Venice? I'm from Veneto
which one of the 7 provinces of the region of veneto are you from..........my family line paternal and maternal are from Treviso province

my latest admixture ( and seems to be slightly changing forever but settled after BigY ) is 98.8 european and 1.2 central asian ..........for what it is worth

This thread has been viewed 33151 times.

Back