halfalp

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Swiss
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-L2
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c5a
Hi, so i notice that the 4.19 i received 2 grey positive rating on a subject at exactly 19:50 pm, wich means ether multi-account or mods can put two rating or more on a post. Before those two rating i was at -126 of reputation and i droped to -156... -30 pts so how this system works actually ? I already notice few weeks ago 5 negative ratings on a post at exactly the same time, how is it possible ?

If I have that power I don't know about it. As soon as I give an up or down vote the icons disappear.

Even if someone has sock accounts, how could they be activated at precisely the same moment? Wouldn't you have to sign out and then back in again?

If I have that power I don't know about it. As soon as I give an up or down vote the icons disappear.

Even if someone has sock accounts, how could they be activated at precisely the same moment? Wouldn't you have to sign out and then back in again?
I dont know that's why i'm asking. Maybe on two different PC but... yeah, idk the statistic about two different people doing the same thing, at the same time, on the same post, that wasn't a particular post and lasted from the previous day... But why i lost -30 pts with 2 grey positive ratings ? I was little by little recovering.

Edit: So no, apparently i got 1 negative rating on a post, and 2 grey positive rating on two different posts, so it could be the same person just rating two different posts very fast, but why the -30 then ?

I have checked who left you the reputation points at 19:50. Those two grey ones (positive in this case) were left by Sile for two different posts in the same threads.

I confirm that it's not possible for anyone (even I) to leave two rep points for the same post.

The reason why you lost a lot of rep points is that people with high overall reputation give and withdraw more points with each vote. People with negative reputation (like Sile) give 0 points even when they upvote a post (hence the grey square). The higher one user's reputation, the more points he or she can give or take away.

I have checked who left you the reputation points at 19:50. Those two grey ones (positive in this case) were left by Sile for two different posts in the same threads.

I confirm that it's not possible for anyone (even I) to leave two rep points for the same post.

The reason why you lost a lot of rep points is that people with high overall reputation give and withdraw more points with each vote. People with negative reputation (like Sile) give 0 points even when they upvote a post (hence the grey square). The higher one user's reputation, the more points he or she can give or take away.
Oh that make sens, thank you.

Last edited:
Even if the negative rating could be because the guy thought your post was not helpful, this is actually pretty harsh. I think it's an interesting thing to have a reputation system, but the negative vote can be use in a lot of different matter, not necessarily in an honest way.

more harm comes from having a negative button, than not having one.............the advantage in minimal at best , its mostly serves no purpose..............

more harm comes from having a negative button, than not having one.............the advantage in minimal at best , its mostly serves no purpose..............
I think it's an interesting features, we can see who is appreciate by the community and who is not really. It can help newcomers, to follow the track of particular people. Some people are more knowledgeable than others, some people are more excessif, like me. I think on Anthrogenica, everybody has more or less a good reputation, but is it really justify ?

Everybody loves you until you express an opinion. Once you do, it’s like politics. Half of the people will like you more and half will no longer like you.
lol :)

A negative button is bad, especially if it has impact on your reputation. That is nonsense (negative reputation will come also for this opinion, even though it should not have any impact on my reputation, because what am I doing wrong with pointing this out). Reputation should be only be possible to give and not taken by others. A thanking system is more useful in such kind of forums. Anyway, this is one reason why I don't enjoy posting here.

negative button causes anger in the forum and is used for revenge methods, regardless of what one presents..............you can even present an admixture of a family member and get a negative mark

Halfalp, I wouldn't overly concern yourself with your Eupedia reputation rating...

As Maciamo said, the highest rated contributors hold by far the largest sway in the direction of your score. If you'll notice, moderators are granted massive rating points and their thumb up or thumb down will hurtle you straight toward the ceiling or quickly into the basement.

Now without trying to ruffle too many feathers, I will point out that there does seem to be a pro-globalist lean on Eupedia. Also if you are an agnostic or atheist your view point will align closer to the founder of this site... Maciamo. I don't think I am out of school by mentioning these observations. Many of the chosen moderators hold political and/or religious frameworks that somewhat mirror that of the site's creator. If I developed a space such as this, I would do the same thing frankly.

I do get a decent amount of likes on my threads and comments and these are appreciated, however they probably come from the "plebian" class and thus don't much effect my status. That's O.K.-- I'll take what I can get!

That being said, I received at least two thumbs up either today or yesterday and yet somehow lost another bar. Not sure how that happened. Looks like I'm going to be jumping from the basement into the toilet...

Last edited:
Halfalp, I wouldn't overly concern yourself with your Eupedia reputation rating...

As Maciamo said, the highest rated contributors hold by far the largest sway in the direction of your score. If you'll notice, moderators are granted massive rating points and their thumb up or thumb down will hurtle you straight toward the ceiling or quickly into the basement.

Now without trying to ruffle too many feathers, I will point out that there does seem to be a pro-globalist lean on Eupedia. Also if you are an agnostic or atheist your view point will align closer to the founder of this site... Maciamo. I don't think I am out of school by mentioning these observations. Many of the chosen moderators hold political and/or religious frameworks that somewhat mirror that of the site's creator. If I developed a space such as this, I would do the same thing frankly.

I do get a decent amount of likes on my threads and comments and these are appreciated, however they probably come from the "plebian" class and thus don't much effect my status. That's O.K.-- I'll take what I can get!

That being said, I received at least two thumbs up either today or yesterday and yet somehow lost another bar. Not sure how that happened. I'm going to be jumping from the basement into the toilet...

Well, Nordic Warrior, if you're talking about me, I think you'd be very surprised by my actual political orientation, and to some extent by my religious one as well. :) Some other moderators might also surprise you. :)

The only reason I get so many downvotes, and believe me I do, is because I'm not a racist, call out racist or ultra-nationalist
comments no matter who makes them, and I have this nasty habit of demolishing arguments based on abject ignorance, fantasy, and agendas rather than on scientific fact and logical thinking.

As for accumulating upvotes and a good reputation on the site, you get a good reputation here the same way you do in your job: by hard work, i.e. posting papers, articles, collections of data, making cogent arguments. Anyone who hasn't done that hard work has no business complaining about lack of upvotes.

The way to get downvotes is to showcase in a post lack of knowledge of genetics, genetics papers, important data, lack of logic and reasoning ability, and even worse, deliberate misstatements of fact. Every down vote I've ever given was amply deserved. The only reason I don't give more is because it's so clear that some people don't know what they're talking about that there's no point in engaging with them at all.

Was not talking about you at all, you've always come through as fair and tolerant. I would rather not name any moderators I did have in mind though.

Sorry about any confusion Angela.

And I would like to stress that I very much enjoy this site. Maciamo has built and maintained one of the best arenas I've encountered. But yes like all things political, bias can influence in subtle and not so subtle ways. It's no biggie really... when I need to seek shelter for my more "traditional/libertarian" psyche, I head over to other more conservative sites... like Mother Jones.

Kidding! :)

This thread has been viewed 12935 times.

Back