Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Question about reputation.

Hi, so i notice that the 4.19 i received 2 grey positive rating on a subject at exactly 19:50 pm, wich means ether multi-account or mods can put two rating or more on a post. Before those two rating i was at -126 of reputation and i droped to -156... -30 pts so how this system works actually ? I already notice few weeks ago 5 negative ratings on a post at exactly the same time, how is it possible ?

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

If I have that power I don't know about it. As soon as I give an up or down vote the icons disappear.

Even if someone has sock accounts, how could they be activated at precisely the same moment? Wouldn't you have to sign out and then back in again?

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 100

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    If I have that power I don't know about it. As soon as I give an up or down vote the icons disappear.

Even if someone has sock accounts, how could they be activated at precisely the same moment? Wouldn't you have to sign out and then back in again?
    I dont know that's why i'm asking. Maybe on two different PC but... yeah, idk the statistic about two different people doing the same thing, at the same time, on the same post, that wasn't a particular post and lasted from the previous day... But why i lost -30 pts with 2 grey positive ratings ? I was little by little recovering.

Edit: So no, apparently i got 1 negative rating on a post, and 2 grey positive rating on two different posts, so it could be the same person just rating two different posts very fast, but why the -30 then ?

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    I have checked who left you the reputation points at 19:50. Those two grey ones (positive in this case) were left by Sile for two different posts in the same threads.

I confirm that it's not possible for anyone (even I) to leave two rep points for the same post.

The reason why you lost a lot of rep points is that people with high overall reputation give and withdraw more points with each vote. People with negative reputation (like Sile) give 0 points even when they upvote a post (hence the grey square). The higher one user's reputation, the more points he or she can give or take away.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    I have checked who left you the reputation points at 19:50. Those two grey ones (positive in this case) were left by Sile for two different posts in the same threads.

I confirm that it's not possible for anyone (even I) to leave two rep points for the same post.

The reason why you lost a lot of rep points is that people with high overall reputation give and withdraw more points with each vote. People with negative reputation (like Sile) give 0 points even when they upvote a post (hence the grey square). The higher one user's reputation, the more points he or she can give or take away.
    Oh that make sens, thank you.
    Last edited by halfalp; 29-04-18 at 02:11.

VeteranThree Friends25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 37.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

can I be told who gave this negative rating for this link
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post523441
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    can I be told who gave this negative rating for this link
    https://www.eupedia.com/forum/thread...l=1#post523441
    Even if the negative rating could be because the guy thought your post was not helpful, this is actually pretty harsh. I think it's an interesting thing to have a reputation system, but the negative vote can be use in a lot of different matter, not necessarily in an honest way.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by halfalp View Post
    Even if the negative rating could be because the guy thought your post was not helpful, this is actually pretty harsh. I think it's an interesting thing to have a reputation system, but the negative vote can be use in a lot of different matter, not necessarily in an honest way.
    more harm comes from having a negative button, than not having one.............the advantage in minimal at best , its mostly serves no purpose..............

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5a

Ethnic group
    Swiss

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    more harm comes from having a negative button, than not having one.............the advantage in minimal at best , its mostly serves no purpose..............
    I think it's an interesting features, we can see who is appreciate by the community and who is not really. It can help newcomers, to follow the track of particular people. Some people are more knowledgeable than others, some people are more excessif, like me. I think on Anthrogenica, everybody has more or less a good reputation, but is it really justify ?

Mutaghalliba Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 218
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-BY139812
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    Arab

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    A negative button is bad, especially if it has impact on your reputation. That is nonsense (negative reputation will come also for this opinion, even though it should not have any impact on my reputation, because what am I doing wrong with pointing this out). Reputation should be only be possible to give and not taken by others. A thanking system is more useful in such kind of forums. Anyway, this is one reason why I don't enjoy posting here.

Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

Everybody loves you until you express an opinion. Once you do, it’s like politics. Half of the people will like you more and half will no longer like you.
    lol :)
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

Quote Originally Posted by raspberry View Post
    A negative button is bad, especially if it has impact on your reputation. That is nonsense (negative reputation will come also for this opinion, even though it should not have any impact on my reputation, because what am I doing wrong with pointing this out). Reputation should be only be possible to give and not taken by others. A thanking system is more useful in such kind of forums. Anyway, this is one reason why I don't enjoy posting here.
    negative button causes anger in the forum and is used for revenge methods, regardless of what one presents..............you can even present an admixture of a family member and get a negative mark

Baron Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

Halfalp, I wouldn't overly concern yourself with your Eupedia reputation rating...

As Maciamo said, the highest rated contributors hold by far the largest sway in the direction of your score. If you'll notice, moderators are granted massive rating points and their thumb up or thumb down will hurtle you straight toward the ceiling or quickly into the basement.

Now without trying to ruffle too many feathers, I will point out that there does seem to be a pro-globalist lean on Eupedia. Also if you are an agnostic or atheist your view point will align closer to the founder of this site... Maciamo. I don't think I am out of school by mentioning these observations. Many of the chosen moderators hold political and/or religious frameworks that somewhat mirror that of the site's creator. If I developed a space such as this, I would do the same thing frankly.

I do get a decent amount of likes on my threads and comments and these are appreciated, however they probably come from the "plebian" class and thus don't much effect my status. That's O.K.-- I'll take what I can get!

That being said, I received at least two thumbs up either today or yesterday and yet somehow lost another bar. Not sure how that happened. Looks like I'm going to be jumping from the basement into the toilet...
    Last edited by nordicwarrior; 16-07-18 at 06:30.

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by nordicwarrior View Post
    Halfalp, I wouldn't overly concern yourself with your Eupedia reputation rating...

As Maciamo said, the highest rated contributors hold by far the largest sway in the direction of your score. If you'll notice, moderators are granted massive rating points and their thumb up or thumb down will hurtle you straight toward the ceiling or quickly into the basement.

Now without trying to ruffle too many feathers, I will point out that there does seem to be a pro-globalist lean on Eupedia. Also if you are an agnostic or atheist your view point will align closer to the founder of this site... Maciamo. I don't think I am out of school by mentioning these observations. Many of the chosen moderators hold political and/or religious frameworks that somewhat mirror that of the site's creator. If I developed a space such as this, I would do the same thing frankly.

I do get a decent amount of likes on my threads and comments and these are appreciated, however they probably come from the "plebian" class and thus don't much effect my status. That's O.K.-- I'll take what I can get!

That being said, I received at least two thumbs up either today or yesterday and yet somehow lost another bar. Not sure how that happened. I'm going to be jumping from the basement into the toilet...
    Well, Nordic Warrior, if you're talking about me, I think you'd be very surprised by my actual political orientation, and to some extent by my religious one as well. :) Some other moderators might also surprise you. :)

The only reason I get so many downvotes, and believe me I do, is because I'm not a racist, call out racist or ultra-nationalist
    comments no matter who makes them, and I have this nasty habit of demolishing arguments based on abject ignorance, fantasy, and agendas rather than on scientific fact and logical thinking.

As for accumulating upvotes and a good reputation on the site, you get a good reputation here the same way you do in your job: by hard work, i.e. posting papers, articles, collections of data, making cogent arguments. Anyone who hasn't done that hard work has no business complaining about lack of upvotes.

The way to get downvotes is to showcase in a post lack of knowledge of genetics, genetics papers, important data, lack of logic and reasoning ability, and even worse, deliberate misstatements of fact. Every down vote I've ever given was amply deserved. The only reason I don't give more is because it's so clear that some people don't know what they're talking about that there's no point in engaging with them at all.

Baron Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassOverdriveThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 (M253)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    European Mix

Was not talking about you at all, you've always come through as fair and tolerant. I would rather not name any moderators I did have in mind though.

Sorry about any confusion Angela.

And I would like to stress that I very much enjoy this site. Maciamo has built and maintained one of the best arenas I've encountered. But yes like all things political, bias can influence in subtle and not so subtle ways. It's no biggie really... when I need to seek shelter for my more "traditional/libertarian" psyche, I head over to other more conservative sites... like Mother Jones.

Kidding! :)